Steven gerrard - Thank you.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:33 pm

I've been really :censored: off with him this season, all this i might stay if you're good enough for me attitude and sulking through games and going missing alot of the time.

However last night, he earned total forgiveness with a top class display against a great team in one of the biggest matches ever, if not the biggest. Every blade of grass, the right attitude (not been able to say that much this season) and played with passion.

Once he scored he got the crowd and players going and you could see he was hyped up. In the first half to be fair he was the only one who performed, in the second he done what i've wanted from him all season, he took control, changed the game and lead the team when it needed a leader most.

Last night he truely looked like he's changed his mind about playing for this club and knows this is in his blood.

If he stays here, i have no doubt he'll show the attitude he shown last night alot more in the future. He learnt how lead a team last night...

Thank you for being a pivitol player in the best night of my life.  :buttrock
115-1073096938

Postby LiverpoolThroughAndThrough » Thu May 26, 2005 1:35 pm

He needs to commit himself now. He said he wanted success so he got it. Theres nothing better then lifting the european cup is there?
Born a Red, Live a Red, Die a Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

European champions 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiverpoolThroughAndThrough

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:37 pm

Course there is.

Lifting it again. :D
115-1073096938

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 26, 2005 1:37 pm

He was worth his weight in gold last night, a true captain's performance, got well stuck in and lifted the team like I've never seen before. I think the whole team deserves a big BIG shout out, their passion was second to none, I still can't believe this is happening - I'm still getting loads of goosebump urges and still sheding tears when I think of how proud our boys done us liast night.

F*CKING WELL DONE LADS.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DiNaMiTe88 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:39 pm

If gerrard leave liverpool i hope he'll come to Inter! :p

I saw gerrard playing a lot of time and i think he's the best midfielder, he rocks! :D

HE runs, runs and runs, and he's good to play ball, nice control, and very good throw (is right?)!

Sorry if u don't understand but i'm italian and my english isn't so good :laugh:
DiNaMiTe88

Postby JBG » Thu May 26, 2005 1:40 pm

Gerrard was immense in extra time when we were under the kosh, effectively playing right back to nullify Serginho, who began to cause mayhem.

A certain previous manager started Gerrard at right back a lot when he was a teenager and I reckon Stevie has the makings of the best full back in the world!!!! :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:46 pm

100% agree there yanno.

But he's also the making of the best centre mid in the world.

I remember when he first broke through, everyone was sayin he should play there for england.
115-1073096938

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:50 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Course there is.

Lifting it again. :D

:D  :D  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Thu May 26, 2005 1:53 pm

couldn't agree with you more, stu.

sg has received some stick quite a number of people in the forum, including myself, for being the non-leader, a non-discerning speaker and at times, non-performance esp. during big games. (incidentally, that includes the 1st half of the final.)

after the teamtalk rafa has given to the team and sg, something clicked.

2nd half, stevie led, fought, showed a passion missing for eons, created, defended, scored. Most of it all, he gave assurances about his future and dedication (quote: "How could I leave after a night like that? It was the greatest of my life and talks will begin soon. My form has been a bit hot and cold this season but you'll see a different Steven Gerrard next season,") that's what we want to hear lad!

i can really look forward to the next season with him as captain of an expected much-improved squad. the future is red!!! yehh!  :buttrock

thank you stevie.
lfclfclfc

Postby LiverpoolThroughAndThrough » Thu May 26, 2005 2:01 pm

Lets just lift it three years in a row. that if we get in it next year
Born a Red, Live a Red, Die a Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

European champions 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiverpoolThroughAndThrough

Postby Rafalution » Thu May 26, 2005 2:01 pm

lfclfclfc wrote:couldn't agree with you more, stu.

sg has received some stick quite a number of people in the forum, including myself, for being the non-leader, a non-discerning speaker and at times, non-performance esp. during big games. (incidentally, that includes the 1st half of the final.)

after the teamtalk rafa has given to the team and sg, something clicked.

2nd half, stevie led, fought, showed a passion missing for eons, created, defended, scored. Most of it all, he gave assurances about his future and dedication (quote: "How could I leave after a night like that? It was the greatest of my life and talks will begin soon. My form has been a bit hot and cold this season but you'll see a different Steven Gerrard next season,") that's what we want to hear lad!

i can really look forward to the next season with him as captain of an expected much-improved squad. the future is red!!! yehh!  :buttrock

thank you stevie.

Totally agree with that post ! The future is indeed Red !!!
Rafalution

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 26, 2005 2:18 pm

We were in a bad way at half time. Rafa must have said some inspiring words cos it was a different team in the second half.
Gerrard i have criticised this season as well, his mind has seemed to be elsewhere and his performances have suffered due to that.
BUt last night he stepped up big time...he changed the game, he scored a great header and then burst into the box winning the vital penalty.
He was a leader last night...and you could see on his face how much it meant.
I cant see him leaving now...he has just won the greatest club trophy there is....no lets get the squad sorted an have a crack at the league.
I have always been proud to support lfc and all of the players, the staff and the fans last night made me even prouder.
I was in tears listening to the interviews with Gerrard carra and Rafa.
The party is only just starting....cant wait to welcome the lads home later.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion