Next Season - Early Days but ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:32 am

Definitely need to improve he squad depth next season.

Wouldn't be keen on Caulker to be honest.  Just have a look back at his display in the 6-3 win we had there this season for some examples of inept defending from him.  I don't think he's any better than what we have and it would be 8 million wasted.

United can have Shaw for 30 mil in my opinion too.  Far too much for an inexperienced left back.  No doubt he's good, but not sure he's that good.

I think Lallana is a good fit for us as I've said before and if we could get Remy in for a decent price I'd have him too and that would do for attacking players.  Both are quite versatile and can play in a couple of positions.

We could then concentrate most of our time and budget on defence and a holding player.

As for exits, Lucas needs to go. He's lost any ability he had to run.  Agger doesn't play enough games.  Johnson is in decline.  Aspas is awful.  Moses and Cissokho need sent back.  The rest can be worked with.  Loanees like Borini and Assaidi aren't good enough either.

Any more of a turnaround in players can be detrimental.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh LFC » Mon May 12, 2014 9:51 am

CB - Aderweirld
RB - Di Scligio
LB - Alex Sandro
CM/CAM - Lallana
Winger - Fischer

Out,

Coates
Robinson
Wisdom
Reina
Aspas
Assiaidi
Coady

I can't trust Miglonet all the time, sometimes he can be excellent and sometimes bad, I would get Bernd Leno, possibly David Marshall.
Welsh LFC
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Yeah really I can't understand us going for Caulker, he just looks like one of those 'solid but ponderous' Matthew Upson type CB's to me, IMO he's a Villa or West Ham player not a Liverpool player. Ilorri looks a class above him.
Rather we saved the £8m and put it towards someone who is better than the players we already have, which Caulker isn't.
If Brendan does have a fault it's that he likes to sign (or tries to sign) players he's worked with before (Allen, Borini, Moses, Williams, Signurdsson, Vorm, Kalou, Caulker etc) and apart from Allen they are all distinctly average.
They are certainly not the type of players that are going to help us bridge the gap from second to first, to do that you need players like Suarez and a younger version of Steven Gerrard, not Caulker and Kalou.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm wrote:Yeah really I can't understand us going for Caulker, he just looks like one of those 'solid but ponderous' Matthew Upson type CB's to me, IMO he's a Villa or West Ham player not a Liverpool player. Ilorri looks a class above him.
Rather we saved the £8m and put it towards someone who is better than the players we already have, which Caulker isn't.
If Brendan does have a fault it's that he likes to sign (or tries to sign) players he's worked with before (Allen, Borini, Moses, Williams, Signurdsson, Vorm, Kalou, Caulker etc) and apart from Allen they are all distinctly average.
They are certainly not the type of players that are going to help us bridge the gap from second to first, to do that you need players like Suarez and a younger version of Steven Gerrard, not Caulker and Kalou.

While I don't believe Vorm to be the answer I'd much rather have him than Mignolet. The fact is though pretty much as you say, he can't go and sign average players he's worked with in the past. This summer we need to bring in at least two top quality signings, preferably in defensive area's along with two other quality, versitile players who are better than what we have.

I keep mentioning the same names, Begovic, Pedro, Richards... you could add Lallana to that list, Remy at a push and we need a top centre half. If I'm being honest, I think we could do a lot worse than offering Rio Ferdinand a one year deal and giving him a go with Sahko as although he's without a doubt lost his pace his positional play, experience and ability with the ball at his feet could be just what we need.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed May 14, 2014 11:46 am

Stu the Red » Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 am wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1235420#p1235420] If I'm being honest, I think we could do a lot worse than offering Rio Ferdinand a one year deal and giving him a go

:laugh:

no need for words ...stu the red ...which red you may ask :wwww  Ferdinand is a dinosaur
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Lets see how good Coates looks in Brazil before we sign players that have been hyped up well beyond their capability.
Although even with the greatest will in the world and playing in front of the most forgiving fans in the football ,its set
in stone that Johnson should be sold to any team hapless and desperate enough to deem employing a defender who has
this season been absolutely bereft of any game intelligence whatsoever.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu May 15, 2014 8:00 am

supersub » Wed May 14, 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 am wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1235420#p1235420] If I'm being honest, I think we could do a lot worse than offering Rio Ferdinand a one year deal and giving him a go

:laugh:

no need for words ...stu the red ...which red you may ask :wwww  Ferdinand is a dinosaur

Wash yer mouth out Stu !!! I wouldn't let that git anywhere near LFC. He'd be reporting back to United by the hour  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu May 15, 2014 9:03 am

One of the dumbest and clueless comment ever on this forum. Ferdinand?!? Rather have Hyypia and Henchoz.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC1990 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 am

Same person who suggests we should bring in Ferdinand wants to get rid of Skrtel

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 15, 2014 12:18 pm

Spineless muppets with short memories. I'm surprised some here are willing to stoop so low as to recycle someone else's garbage.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu May 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Maypax you're quite amusing I will give you that... Redmond and Cissokho were your suggestions along with some other duffers... Thats clueless.

Ferdinand would offer positional sense, experience and was one of the best around in his day. He's still miles ahead of the Slovak now even at 35. Skrtels performances this season have at times been like an ever lasting nightmare. Four own goals in a season? Pretty special...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu May 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Stu the Red » Thu May 15, 2014 6:52 pm wrote:Maypax you're quite amusing I will give you that... Redmond and Cissokho were your suggestions along with some other duffers... Thats clueless.

Ferdinand would offer positional sense, experience and was one of the best around in his day. He's still miles ahead of the Slovak now even at 35. Skrtels performances this season have at times been like an ever lasting nightmare. Four own goals in a season? Pretty special...

What rubbish. I never suggested Cissokho, and Redmond is a great prospect. Besides, you have outdone yourself by suggesting Ferdinand  :laugh:  :laugh:

THAT is clueless.

I've highlighted a key word in your comment though. Hope it helps.   :wwww
maypaxvobiscum

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:10 am

Stu the Red » Thu May 15, 2014 6:52 pm wrote: Four own goals in a season? Pretty special...

still not as many own goals as you've scored on here this season...   there's been some whoppers!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:14 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:26 pm wrote:Was having a chat with Stu in the Pepe Reina thread and we kinda drifted off topic and found ourselves discussing Next Season and without knowing who we might sign what area's we'd strengthen and what players we'd keep .

Thought it was worth it's own thread.

Stu reckons.

On Mignolet its obvious he's better than Jones.

The point is though if you have a quality keeper they usually play most if not all games, they won't suffer with burn out so I'm not a fan of clogging up the wage bill in such a manor.

Also with regards to Skrtel, he's on more money again than Toure and I don't believe there is a massive difference in ability. Skertel is again the slightly better player, but the point being for me is we'd have Agger, Sahko and another ahead of him so I do believe as long as your fourth choice players are "capable" then we have enough cover.

To be honest, I'd be more than happy for Wisdom/Kelly (fitness depending) to be fourth choice.

My squad for next year would look something like this.... (first choice at top)

GK - New player
GK - Jones

RB - New player
RB - Flannagan

LB - Enrique
LB - Robinson (Flannagan/Kelly)

CB - New player
CB - Sahko
CB - Agger
CB - Wisdom

CM - New player
CM - Henderson, Allen, Gerrard

AM - Coutinho

FW - Suarez
FW - New player
FW - Sterling
FW - Sturridge

Then depending on the system Coutinho could play in a front 3 or midfield 3 Sturridge could partner Suarez etc etc.

Ideally I'd like to see Begovic, Lovren, Schneiderlin and an Arjen Robben type (or someone of that class) come in to fill the gaps. Big ask obviously but thats got to be the aim.
Stu the Red
LFC Super Member

Think Aggers gone meself, and Skrtel needs to.

Get Caulker in there me, you have also overlooked (I think) Borini, Ibe, Suso and Ilori who will come back and add depth.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 16, 2014 12:24 pm

I was told the other day by my mate that Aggers missus has settled up with the nursery they use - saying they are moving.

I hate all rumours like this as they are usually rubbish. But the mate was told by someone who works there so seems likely.

It's a shame but not really a surprise given the fact that he hasnt been first choice when fit.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion