A sunday six - Early season questions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:20 pm

1. Torres' against Chelsea. It's been a long time since we've seen that sort of magic up front. Memories of Cisse, Morientes, Baros, Heskey... these vanished when Torres scored that goal. And he's only 23! It was hard to pick something above Stevie's free kick but I expect magic from him. This was Torres' first big chalenge with us and didn't he do well?!

2. Probably Torres again. See previous answer. But for no money, Voronin has been great. Best bit of business we've done since signing Agger.

3. Chelsea was good, so was Villa, but for me, that game against Derby was a classic. We didn't have to score 6, but we did anyway. It showed how our young team has the guts and tenacity, and the mentality, to really run riot in this league. If we'd won 1, 2 or 3-0, everyone would have expected it, but this team is bursting with goals and wants to hammer everyone. The way we were playing, i don't think any team in the league would have come out of that encounter in batter shape than Derby. We sacrificed the Rams, drank ther blood and, quite frankly, oblitorated them.

4. Remember when Hansen said of Man Utd all those years ago "You don't win anything with kids"? You do, and I think we will. This team and squad can only get better and we're already being tipped to win the league by some people. These Benitez Boys will grow into men and they're going to be wearing red shirts while they do it. Lovely.

5. Perhaps another centre half, but not really. Growth is always a plus but there's certinly no rush at the mo.

6. For me, its the classic Stevie/Xabi mix in the middle and Torres/Kuyt up top. But with the strength of the bench we can mix and match as much as Rafa wants and we won't lose any real quality. Kickass.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion