Still early days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:35 am

Wish the doom and gloom merchants would shut up. :glare:
Last season was diabolicle our performances against pompey and fulham to name a few. Alot of the dead wood have been shipped out or sold on and we still finished 4th with that dead wood. All be it 30points behind arsenal, we still got a CL place we cryed out for change, and we got it, so we cant start slamming Benitez for poor performances against bolton ,manure or graz.
Its the likes of kewell who didnt even show up on monday night that should be blammed, what if we never see stevie in the red shirt again? His going off the other night will be our real test of what this team is all about, can they perform and have enough drive to progress in the CL or the prem or any other cup games we play in?
I personally think they can we dont want a Liverpool team based around one or two players Owen was one Gerrard is another. In all our glory days every player was a star not just one singled out. Ok it was embarrising last season when stevie used to run and get the ball from traore as if to say ill do it cause I can do it better.
Last season we were plaiged with injuries Owen ,Baros,gerrard , And we still got 4th place.
Now we have to make do without Gerrard but im sure Alonso and Hamann will do the job maybe better than Stevie, we  shall see because if he goes we have to learn to live without him, and progress further many great players have left this club and we have progressed we shall do the same again.
Nunez is playing tomorrow for the reserves maybe he'll play on saturday against Norwich and then we have our 4 new spanish inquisitions proving the doubters wrong once they get going they are certainly going to be a big hit.
Cisse Ill hold my breath on him till christmas.
Come january id like to see benitez raid valencia for some of his ex colleagues and bring them to anfield.
We are already full of praise for Garcia, Joseme, and Alonso keep it up will will succeed we are patient fans, Benitez hates losing.
Hes been given 5 years to achieve something and he is the right man for the job and we will succeed just be patient and get behind the team and manager.
This is going to be a Liverpool reborn team just wait and see.
Y.N.W.A.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt D » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:08 am

:D  :D good post, i agree - if the worst came to the worst and Gerrard wanted to leave Liverpool, come January (which i am sure wont happen and i hope not because he is mine and probably the majority of supporters favourite player) and we recieved a bid of at least 30m from maybe Real - what would you do? - like you said 1 man doesnt make a team.
This is the time to show what we are really about and to show the spirit we had in the second half against the scum - just imagine come january when the injury list should hopefully be empty with the comeback of Gerrard, Smicer, Nunez, Kirkland and maybe even some buys like Mista, ayala what a squad of players we will have
Matt D

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:11 am

Smicer :D  narr
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt D » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:42 pm

I think i would prefer him on the wing than Kewell and probably Finnan although he has done quite well as a stand in.
I think he is a funny player Smicer, sometimes he can look very good taking on players and giving killer balls and other time he looks quite ordinary - lets wait and see, the injury and arrival of RB may inspire him to be a better player
Matt D

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:44 pm

Matt D wrote:I think he is a funny player Smicer

i know. i watch him and at times he has me in stitches. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:12 pm

why does everyone want rafa benites to raid valencia for players surely there is good players if not better and do we really have 15m to spend on a player in january ???
Last edited by the great one on Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion