Early days but .......... - Predictions for january ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:41 pm

No it's not about transfers  !   :D

Early days yet and hard to really assess form but based on what you've seen so far plus the additions made to the various squads what are your predictions for the leading pack of say eight clubs come jan 1st ?

Mine are roughly .
top two ,Chelsea and Man U
3-5 , Arsenal ,Liverpool and Tottenham
6-8 , Charlton ,Man City, Newcastle .

The first five are probably most peoples choice ,after that it gets interesting . I've gone for Charlton primarily because of their performance so far (P3 W3 GF7 GA1 ) and their mgr is no mug . Man City as I think Stuart "Physco" Pearce is instilling a mental attitude into a club that will keep them playing beyond their abilities ,christ he's probably the mgr i would least like to face after losing a game   :D  . Newcastle , despite their shoddy start they've made some great signings ,apart from the obvious ! Emre and the resigning of Solano will reinvigorate this side and with Owen and Shearer up front goals shouldn't be a problem . Definitely expect them to push on and secure a top 6 finish   come the end of the season .
(Could be them .Spurs and us battling for that 4th spot)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:48 pm

The only 'underdogs' that worry me are Tottenham but we'll see what their capable of next weekend ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:02 pm

It's hard to argue with Woof's assessment to be honest, with the possible exception  of the omission of Everton. They over-achieved last season but will definately still be in the top six in my view, and will contest fourth along with us and Spurs.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:12 pm

i think we will be in third place by january and still going strong in the champions league and recently crowned  winners of the world club champion hopefully :D  :buttrock
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:21 pm

mighty mo wrote:i think we will be in third place by january and still going strong in the champions league and recently crowned  winners of the world club champion hopefully :D  :buttrock

Yeah totally agree - good man :buttrock

1 - Manure
2 - Chelsick of losing in CL semi-finals
3 - Kings of Europe & the World
4 - Ar$ewipes
5 - Man C
6 - Bolton
7 - (Charlton, Borough, Spurs, Brum) dunno really

16 - Barcodes
17 - Bluenose scumsucking slackjawed CL failures
18 - Sunderland or Pie eaters
PhiLFC

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:40 pm

Chelsea are favourites, the only other teams that have a chance of winning the league are Man Utd and Arsenal. I personally think Man Utd will push Chelsea hard this season and end up finishing in the top 2 and Arsenal will be 3rd. But in truth a title challenge from either/both Man Utd and Arsenal depends on their key players being available for 90% of the season.

I think we were 2/3 good players away from having 4th spot firmly in our grasp. A first team centre back, a first team right winger complicated with back up for right wing would have given us a very impressive squad, by far the best outside the top three.

I hope Bolton and Everton get past the first UEFA cup round so that they enter the groups stages and are guaranteed another 3 matches, if this happens I think they will suffer. Tottenham are fortunate in some ways as they don't have any European distractions, and they are on the way to assembling quiet an impressive squad. Middlesbrough have a good first team but they have very little quality in depth. I think Newcastle and Man City will push for a top 6 finish.

My prediction come January 1st:

1 - Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal
2 - Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal
3 - Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal
4 - Tottenham/ Liverpool/ Man City
5 - Tottenham/ Liverpool/ Man City
6 - Tottenham/ Liverpool/ Man City
7 - Newcastle/ Everton/Bolton/Charlton
8 - Newcastle/ Everton/Bolton/Charlton

I know I’ve cheated by selecting a number of teams in multiple positions and offering 4 teams for the last 2 positions, but it’s too hard to eliminate teams at this early stage.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:45 pm

:laugh:
Luke you're the kind of gut who prefers to say "eight out of ten " instead of "4 out of 5 "

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:48 pm

my gut says 36"
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:51 pm

:laugh: 
Lmao , what can I say ?
Vodka and keyboards don't always make the perfect duo .   :D

Sorry Luke ,on the keyboard the T is right next to the Y , no insult intended , unless of course you are a fat mathamatically challenged b'stard .  :D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mikopool » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:00 pm

1.Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Aston villa
7. Charlton
8. Manchester city
9. Everton
10. West Ham
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Alonso14 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:19 pm

Tottenham arnt really underdogs anymore, alot of people have already noticed the potential even some of these no nothing pundits. But will see if they can deal with the presure of expectation considering they got alot of young talent and may crack towards the end when there pushing for a european place (be it champions league or uefa).

I'd put money on 5th and barcodes 6th with middlesboro, charlton and bolton following.

Villa got a outsiders chance with man city. both seem to have decent strikers.

cant c west ham making 10th tho  mikeopool
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Some of you don't know know the definition of the word  "underdogs". Tottenham can not be underdogs if almost every pundit predicts that they will finish in the top five. That's not being an underdog, that's being a favourite or a hyped up London based club.

I don't see Charlton,Villa and Bolton finishing in the top six. Whilst Charlton have a good start they always seem to have a poor finish. Villa have no depth what so ever and in the long run that is going to hurt them. Bolton have a fairly small squad and with the UEFA Cup things will be difficult for them.

Manchester City, Midlesbrough and maybe Newcastle United[if they can get a better manager] to finish outside the top four.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kidder » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:36 pm

1st manure
2nd chel$ea
3rd arsewipes
4th kings of europe
5th bolton
6th tottenham
7th man city

:blues:

Y.N.W.A. DAD
kidder

Postby mikopool » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:45 pm

sorry to sound like a tit, but who are "barcodes" ?
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Afroman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:48 pm

mikopool wrote:sorry to sound like a tit, but who are "barcodes" ?

Barcodes aka Nuke castle aka Newcastle  :p
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion