15-19 points (minimum 3 wins)
20%
10-14 points (minimum 1 win)
9%
0-9 points
3%

Total votes : 66

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 am

Next 10 league games (and last season's corresponding results)

Aston Villa (a) D0-0 09/10 W1-0
Tottenham (h) W3-1 09/10 W2-0
Stoke (a) D0-0 09/10 D1-1
Wolves (a) n/a 09/10 D0-0
Bolton (h) W3-0
Everton (h) D1-1
Arsenal (a) D1-1
Man City (a) W3-2
Blackburn (h) W4-0
Wigan (a) D1-1

08/09 P9 W4 D5 L0 F16 A6 PTS 17 (out of 27)
09/10 P4 W2 D2 L0 F4 A1 PTS 8 (out of 12)

More dropped points against newly promoted sides/relegated sides, a bugbear of our's and Rafa doesn't have an answer to sides we should beat. How many of us would expect us to draw away to Stoke and Wolves yet beat Man Utd and spudz with relative ease (at home) ? Early season we may have lost a few games but (too many) draws are now creeping back into our game and to be frank they are rarely and barely acceptable when we do drop two points - brum (h), Citeh (h), Stoke (a), Wolves (a) and Blackburn (a) we should be getting 13-15 points out of 15 from if we were title contenders. Only Citeh of that lot have comparable or better finances/squad.

We started the sequence of 10 so well, but now we've dropped silly points and given Citeh (and spudz) the upper hand
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:05 am

Just flicked through predictions from whose were clear and most reckon we'll win the next two home games - BigMick, Igor (working on 30 points predicted), Effes, Spion, Bavlondon, Madmax, Roberto and even Dingle. Thinkpad has us down to draw this one, JohnnyBoy reckons the bitters will grab a point at Anfield and repeat last season's head to head results.

Surely we have to win both, dropped points against Stoke and Wolves are bad results when teams around us have more points and/or games in hand. Ahead of two testing away games we need to win our home games against very ordinary opponents, I mean we need to win more home games than we have in recent years - 12, 12, 14, 15, 12, 10, 9, 12, 13 and 11 home wins in the past 10 seasons is not good enough, 15 is just about acceptable for a title challenge if 27 wins are needed to make a proper title challenge
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 am

Next 10 league games (and last season's corresponding results)

Aston Villa (a) D0-0 09/10 W1-0
Tottenham (h) W3-1 09/10 W2-0
Stoke (a) D0-0 09/10 D1-1
Wolves (a) n/a 09/10 D0-0
Bolton (h) W3-0 09/10 W2-0
Everton (h) D1-1
Arsenal (a) D1-1
Man City (a) W3-2
Blackburn (h) W4-0
Wigan (a) D1-1

09/10 P5 W3 D2 L0 F6 A1 PTS 11 (out of 15)

Steady but still showing a tendancy to drop silly points having taken points off 4th place rivals. So the next game is a must-do double for sooooooooooooooo many reasons. We are in our longest unbeaten run in the league this season, and that run showing the value of scoring that second goal with three wins out of three in that run of six unbeaten coming when we scored twice, all four of the dropped points coming when we scored only once (or not at all)

We might still be on for 26 out of the 30 points, unlikely as it is given we've not won at the Emirates under Rafa, BUT one thing is looking certain, even if we win all our remaining games we are unlikely to win the league >>> 41 + 42 = 83 which hasn't been enough to win the league since 02/03. Even though I've drawn comparisons between this season and 02/03, I can't see us making up a double figure gap that could be 16 points if Chelsea win their game in hand
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Dinger wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Dinger wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Dinger wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Dinger wrote:Aston Villa (a) Draw
Tottenham (h) Win
Stoke (a) Win

Might be three games too late to PREDICT those results, you even managed to get TWO WRONG  :upside:  :suspect:  :O

Christ... apparently I forgot to engage brain this morning.
Egg and my face are in alignment.

F'ck off  :laugh:

Thats surely a wind up ?

I wish I could tell you it was but I am that stupid in the morning. More useless than Carlton Palmer.

He wasnt as useless as that mate  :D

And who is that in your avatar ?

John Barnes embarrassing himself outside of a dugout.

so so funny :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:10 am

The next three games are pivitol to our season, we must take min 7 points but 3 of those points must be against City.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 am

Whilst most pundits are mentioning Villa and Spurs as potential 4th place contenders it's Man City who are in the box seat as they have games in hand and have lost the fewest games of any club in the Premier League. Our away game against them in a few weeks time is critical.

We are getting to the business end of the League and we need to put a solid run of games together. On the current form table (last 6 games ) we are currently 3rd so that solid run may well have started already. ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Owzat wrote:
Dinger wrote:Aston Villa (a) Draw
Tottenham (h) Win
Stoke (a) Win

Might be three games too late to PREDICT those results, you even managed to get TWO WRONG  :upside:  :suspect:  :O

:laugh:
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 am

We are on an unbeaten run currently but need to stop dropping points and convert draws into wins. Some of the teams ahead of us are starting to wobble and we need to put pressure on them in order to get into the top four, or even the top three if we can put a great run together, but this improvement and drive forward needs to start asap. Continue our current form through the business end of the season and finish strongly and we should be in good shape.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:29 am

We may still have 14 games left, but if we don't start picking up points, especially against Citeh and the bitters, then we might be just as well gift wrapping fourth for Citeh. I think the bitters will want to stick the knife in tomorrow, they'd be delighted if we didn't finish fourth although some may fear that we'll get rid of Rafa.

After the next three games there will only be 11 left, a win for Citeh over us could be more disastrous than losing to the bitters or Arsenal. We've still to play away to the mancs and entertain chelski so it's not as if we've nothing but easy games thereafter. We found Stoke away tough, teams will be scrapping for every point and thus far this season we've been far from convincing on the road in the league - P12 W4 D3 L5 F12 A15 PTS 15 (out of 36)
Maybe Citeh have been as poor as us on their travels, but their home form is 8-3-0 to our 8-2-2.

If we can go on a long unbeaten run, without too many draws in it, then we should secure fourth. Easier said than done though, we can't get Nando back soon enough
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:47 am

Aston Villa (a) D0-0 W1-0
Tottenham (h) W3-1 W2-0
Stoke (a) D0-0 D1-1
Wolves (a) n/a D0-0
Bolton (h) W3-0 W2-0
Everton (h) D1-1 W1-0
Arsenal (a) D1-1
Man City (a) W3-2
Blackburn (h) W4-0
Wigan (a) D1-1

09/10 P6 W4 D2 L0 F7 A1 PTS 14 (out of 18)

We've not lost our 26th Premiership game of a campaign before, that will be SERIOUSLY tested. We have won five times in the Premiership away to Arsenal, but we haven't won at their's since February 2000 so let's mark the 10th anniversary of that with another win.
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 am

We can keep this run going although we now have two difficult away games, if we can come away from them with 4 points then that will set us up for the rest of the season.
leep33

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 am

It will take some doing to get into the second option of 24-28 points, 10 from the next 12 will be a hard task given our next two fixtures. Even 20-23 may not be a given, two wins over rovers and Wigan might seem simple enough, but we've come unstuck on 'home bankers' before. While we are on a good run, spudz at home and villa away are far from the most difficult to win. While both the mancs and Chelsea have won at the Emirates, I think we'll find it as hard and probably harder than our home games in recent seasons - not beaten the goners home or away in the league since Crouchinho's hat-trick in a 4-1 win in 06/07 and won only two of our last TWELVE meetings in all competitions, losing five and drawing five
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm

It is going to be a tough game to go to the Emirates and look to come away with points but we need to go into the match with confidence that we can get something. This Premier League match preview as a clash "between a seriously wounded Arsenal team and a Liverpool side that are 'winning ugly' of late" and you cannot really argue with this opinion. I fear that Arsenal are going to come out fighting and we need to remain a strong unit, but should take positives by the fact they are short of strikers (but then again so are we). I expect this game to finish as a draw - which would be a good result for us IMO.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby TheLad » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:08 pm

I do believe we will fight for the 3rd place with Arsenal all the way down to the wire.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby DrPepe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 pm

before this run of 10 games, i anticipated ~16,17pts

loss to arsenal , draws with villa and everton

obviously we've done better than i anticipated but tonight is a game i'd bite your hand off for a point right now...  :p

but if given the choice of 1 win and 1 loss in the next 2 games, imo the citeh game is really more important... (and more winnable probably)
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion