New Official Adidas Liverpool Kit - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:39 am

I definately like those kits. Plus theres no crappy sticky badge.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:48 am

red37 wrote:could this be any closer to being the new kit?  looks ok apart from the white corset effect    :Oo:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/138817044?-11194

that link is the same as the shirts johnnymac has posted above... but that link also states:

'Speaking to a fashion designer insider, they told LFC Online that in terms of the design process, adidas would have probably narrowed down its numerous initial design ideas into a final three of four that would have gained the green light to be manufactured into actual test garments. The two shirts found on eBay could be just a pair of a number of other versions of the shirt that exist – and have either been leaked deliberately (perhaps like the design drawings) by adidas officials, or put into the public domain by unscrupulous adidas employees.

Whether these shirts prove to be the real deal, remains to be seen as recent marketing images circulating were exposed as a suspected April Fools day prank demonstrates that you can’t be sure of anything until adidas’ official press release hits the desk.

A spokesperson at addias refused to comment on the images of the strips but be sure to keep your eyes peeled on LFC Online for updates as we will let you know as soon as the official seal is stamped onto proceedings. '

- so we still dont know if this is the chosen one or whether it was one of the top 3 or 4 that were made as test kits.

- imy persaonal opinion is its nice but i do hope that it is one of the ones they rejected in favour of less white.

That shirt would be awesome without the white down the sides - what almost looks like the typical womans hour-glass figure or the sides of a wine glass!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:35 pm

ive just bought that one of j macs off ebay ill but the real one when it comes out but i am very happy to be back with adidas. The yellow kit is :censored: magic. Just like the one i had when iwas a kid with crown paints and 86 double winners around the badge.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:00 pm

Love the new adidas home top.... It would not take much to look better than the plain Reebok home top.  The yellow away top reminds me of the reminates from a big spew on a sunday morning after knocking back 43 drinks of the sponsors product...hmm Carlsberg
PCG77

Postby redmikey » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:07 pm

thank feck for adidas........ stick your :censored: badges up your jacksy reebok

the yellow top is a must
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby flipmode » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:23 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Image

No gold stars above badge?
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:28 am

BOODIDDY wrote:ive just bought that one of j macs off ebay ill but the real one when it comes out but i am very happy to be back with adidas. The yellow kit is :censored: magic. Just like the one i had when iwas a kid with crown paints and 86 double winners around the badge.

got a link for ebay? the only ones i find are the striped spain fakes
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm

The new red kit (if it's the real deal) would be excellent if it wasn't for the crappy white stuff on the front (i like the stripes on the shoulder) I figure the white lines on the front are a concession to Carlsberg as they are very simliar to their logo.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:51 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Image

There is something about these two examples that just screams FAKE to me. I can't tell whether it's the tags on it that look a bit fake (adidas don't normally have such a big logo on the tags like these have). I think it could also be the shape of the badges, if you look closely (especially on the yellow shirt) the badges are the patches that the badges are on are exactly the same shape as the current Reebok one's on the home shirt and last seasons away shirt. Also the yellow badge is a slightly lighter shade of yellow to the rest of the shirt.
This may be the design of the shirt BUT i just have a feeling looking at those pics that the two shirts shown are rubbish quality fakes.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:30 am

I don't think they are real either, anyone else not think it's a bit suspect that they have used an identical shield ( as the Reebok design ) to house the Liverpool crest?

Again, I refuse to believe anything until it's official, although Micheal Yip would be my most respected person to believe!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Michael Yip » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:40 pm

The following two pictures are the actual factory-samples distributed out by Adidas to sporting goods shops. NOT Asian fakes but official sample shirts. We can speculate how our team will look like with this Chelsea shirt. :p

Michael Yip

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:25 pm

Going back to the two samples posted by jonnymac (and others) earlier in this thread and based on the catalogue drawing posted by micky yip  :p  i've slighlty photoshopped the home shirt to create the following to what looks to be closer to the catalogue images for the home shirt:

As you can sewe i've slightly reduced the size of the white bits on the front to what i believe is a more acceptable amount of white.
I've got absolutley no clue whatsoever what the new kit will look like and this is just my impression so don't take it too seriously but i'd be interested to see what kind of feedback it gets.

P.S
What the fook is going on with the collar on that chel$ki shirt. It looks cr@p, it's the worst collar i've seen since that big white effort on our last adidas kit back in '96.
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:27 am

Agreed.. look like dodgy fakes..
PCG77

Postby Michael Yip » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:04 am

These are the next season's club shirts allocated out from Adidas distributors. Once again you can roughly guess the proximity of how our shirts look like from them.

Chelsea home
ImageImage
Chelsea away
Chelsea third
Real Madrid home
Real Madrid away
Reald Marid third
AC Home
Michael Yip

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:04 am

Pretty decent shirts.

Can't say I like the weird collars though