New Official Adidas Liverpool Kit - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Scottbot wrote:
laza wrote:
Feeney wrote:Sound, the three strips on the sleeves are back!!!

Best tops we've ever had had those on em!!!  :buttrock :)

Best tops were the pin stripes, regardless of fashion we won heaps in those   :D

My fave LFC kits were the early Adidas kitas we used during from 85-90 but the pin stripes were classic 80's! I just got me 'classic' bright yellow Umbro retro shirt from the online club shop. It's absolutely disgusting but i've been wearing it to footie training the last 2 weeks. It's so bright the other lads are wearing shades!

how can you say that yellow top is disgusting, it's probably the best away top we've had. Pure quality.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:42 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:how can you say that yellow top is disgusting, it's probably the best away top we've had. Pure quality.

I know it's quality. I love it. It's just VERY bright and it's classic eighties polyester with a big V-neck! A real throwback.

Remember the dodgy skin tight shorts that were all the rage in the 80's!? Digger Barnes only just fitting into them with those tree trunk thighs!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:20 am

Well any word on this, was it an April Fools day joke or what??
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:28 am

?

I hope it was cause that looks shittte
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:29 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well any word on this, was it an April Fools day joke or what??

Yeah It was! Seems the boys & girls over at RAWK were having a BIG laugh at everybodies expense over this - the bastards!  :D
Apparently there were about half a dozen of them in on it even going as far as to say that one of their mates (who works at the Liverpool Echo) said the design was going to be unveiled in the Echo tonight (the Echo won't be as far as I am aware). They were also claiming tha one of the lads on there had designed the shirt himself and had been approached by Adidas as they liked his ideas.
The story appeared to be posted early on friday which is what threw a lot of people  - me included  :lookaround
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:47 am

well thank f*** for that. it looks hangin' . not one of the better photoshop efforts either!

im dreading 'big necks' pinstripes and loads of white everywhere :(

the current reebok imo is one of the best for years! simple and RED. adidas have a lot to do in my eyes to improve the design. quality of material is a different kettle of fish though, where the adidas should at least be an improvement.

the one posted a couple of months ago, with the liverbird and a single flame looked much better. i think that was based on the danish national. though even that had lots of white......

we'll see. in any case my £40 will be spent at the club shop. NOT any ebay or highstreet chav's gaff!

:nod

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:23 am

I never believe anything until its official anyway
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:57 am

nah... I like this seasons' top...

And please.

Cant we get a color other than yellow?

Come on..

How about black?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:44 am

I'm sick and tired of the fooking green in the badge.

It's apparently not enough for Carlsberg to have their company name in large white lettering across the front of the shirt, but they also have their corporate colour inserted into the club crest too.

What next? Will LFC players have to wear Carlsberg hats and drink Carlsberg at halftime while saying "Carlsberg don't run football clubs, but if they did........"

:angry:
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:21 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I'm sick and tired of the fooking green in the badge.

It's apparently not enough for Carlsberg to have their company name in large white lettering across the front of the shirt, but they also have their corporate colour inserted into the club crest too.

What next? Will LFC players have to wear Carlsberg hats and drink Carlsberg at halftime while saying "Carlsberg don't run football clubs, but if they did........"

:angry:

i have to say i agree. bring the OLD crest back  :buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bng89 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:15 pm

They could be a lot worse. I got a question doing with shirts. Why did Gerrard and Beattie have 08 on their back instead of just 8?
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:09 pm

bng89 wrote:They could be a lot worse. I got a question doing with shirts. Why did Gerrard and Beattie have 08 on their back instead of just 8?

It was to promote the fact that Liverpool will be the Capital of Culture in 2008 - hence 08
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:22 pm

We've all witnessed the numerous "new" Adidas Liverpool shirt on this and other forums. We've all got an opinion on which is real and which is fake. I couldn't believe it though when I saw this being sold on eBay :

[url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/liverpool-fc-06-5-star-home-shirt-xl-bnwt_W0QQitemZ8790651639QQcategoryZ123537QQrdZ1QQcmdZ

ViewItem#ebayphotohosting]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/liverpo....hosting[/url]

http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/3e/f1/84_1_b.JPG

A blatant mock up of the new Spanish kit.
Last edited by NiftyNeil on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:20 pm

anti-hero wrote:nah... I like this seasons' top...

And please.

Cant we get a color other than yellow?

Come on..

How about black?

How can  you call for a black away kit; have you forgotten the terrible black effort we had a couple of years back

(FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE:
:angry:  :angry: )

As for the green on the club badge, it may have been inspired by the longterm relationship with Carlsberg (probably the worst tasting lager in the world!) but the green kits arrived a couple of years before carlsberg did. I think the first green kit was this one:

The responsability for the green kits lays firmly at the door of Adidas. I think it all started over something to do with a section of the old Annie road stand that had seats that were the colours of the Italian flag and was known as little italy (i may be wrong  :lookaround  ) i don't know why tough.

As far as away kits go i'd always have white with black shorts like we have this season or alternatively yellow.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:41 am

When I designed my own version of the LFC home kit, I stuck to only red, white and gold as the colours. IMO the badge should only be a Liverbird, but they probably use the full distinct LFC crest for marketing reasons, in that the Liverbird on it's own might not have LFC copyright protection.

So I took that into account.

This is how the badge currently looks now:

And THIS is what I think it should look like:

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion