New kit deal 25m a year - Warrior deal biggest in uk history

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby boodiddy1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:32 am

Liverpool have agreed a kit deal with us based warrior clothing, a subsidiary of new balance, to produce our kits for 25m a year for 4 years.

Not got subscription to times, but Tony Barrett is on it also.

Well done fsg, our new deal is only second to barcas with Nike. They get 26m a year, mancs get 23m a year with Nike.

Show me the money. Get in
boodiddy1

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 am

Warrior clothing? Never heard of them. £25 mil a year though, that's an Eden Hazard/Sanchez every summer
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 am

Where did you hear this? I searched warrior clothing liverpool and that didn't bring up anything at all.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 am

Looked more into it, don't know how this didn't click before, but Warrior is one of the biggest American lacrosse companies, and it's from Boston so that makes sense.  I actually played lacrosse for a while, but it got in the way of football so I had to stop.  My brother played and was VERY talented.  Got a full ride to a private university who are very into lacrosse and he would have gone pro until a drunk lady hit ran a red light and hit him, snapped his leg in half.  He had to stop playing and lost his scholarship, and was about to get sponsored by warrior.

Fantastic bit of business on both sides if you ask me.  We make twice the cash on the shirts with this new contract.  Warrior are the ones who get to make the shirts for all the new signings we will have in the next few transfer windows.  Suarez, Carroll already signed, plus a few more big names.  There are going to be shirts flying out the doors faster than Warrior can make them with the new big names we are expecting this summer, especially if we incorporate ourselves into the Asian market like we seem to be planning.

We make twice as much and Warrior becomes a very, very big part of New Balance.
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:03 am

I only know of Warrior because they make ice hockey equipment.  The thing I'm skeptical of is Warrior getting the distribution right and if they don't, it having a detrimental effect on world wide shirt sales.  Keep in mind, there are retailers who have sold LFC gear in the past most likely because of a relationship with Adidas.  Case in point, Modell's ( a fairly large sporting goods chain in the New york area) Only carries Nkie football shirts, I went in and saw Manc, Arsenal, Barca, USA, and a few others, No LFC, No Chelsea, No Real madrid, I asked why, because they only deal with Adidas on a minimal basis.

Maybe I'm wrong but this seams like a great deal for Warrior, and maybe not so great for LFC.  Warrior will make their investment back without a problem, it brings them into a realm they haven't been in before.  But Warrior may fall short in being beneficial for LFC.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 am

The Good Yank wrote:I only know of Warrior because they make ice hockey equipment.  The thing I'm skeptical of is Warrior getting the distribution right and if they don't, it having a detrimental effect on world wide shirt sales.  Keep in mind, there are retailers who have sold LFC gear in the past most likely because of a relationship with Adidas.  Case in point, Modell's ( a fairly large sporting goods chain in the New york area) Only carries Nkie football shirts, I went in and saw Manc, Arsenal, Barca, USA, and a few others, No LFC, No Chelsea, No Real madrid, I asked why, because they only deal with Adidas on a minimal basis.

Maybe I'm wrong but this seams like a great deal for Warrior, and maybe not so great for LFC.  Warrior will make their investment back without a problem, it brings them into a realm they haven't been in before.  But Warrior may fall short in being beneficial for LFC.

Wouldn't you expect Warrior to expand their operations like crazy tho? I mean it seems part of the deal.  LFC and Warrior sign a contract, Warrior will be getting the shirt orders required to pay back for any new equipment, buildings, workers, etc.  I imagine Warrior will be opening up branches specifically for making only Liverpool gear.

Also, I imagine when the new shirts are released, they will have millions already made before anybody can actually own one.

Another also, I will be shocked if they don't outsource some of their production, especially at the beginning of the contract.

Another another also, Warrior will be producing only one club, so they will focus on one type of shirts.  Nike, Adidas, Puma, Kappa, etc all have multiple clubs, most of them have many clubs and many jerseys to worry about.  We could be selling more jerseys than any other club, but Warrior wouldn't have to produce as near as many as any other shirt maker.

But you may have a point.  There is the possibility that they won't be able to keep up with demand.  I have a feeling both FSG and Warrior understand how much they will need to produce to keep up, and if more shirts are being ordered then they expected, that's only good news.  It just means we are making even more money than we expected.
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:29 am

I don't have worries over production, that I think will be fine.  I'm worried about distribution.  Selling Lax and hockey gear in North America is one thing.  Being able to work with distributors all over the world, while being unknown to them, is where my concern is.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 am

The Good Yank wrote:I don't have worries over production, that I think will be fine.  I'm worried about distribution.  Selling Lax and hockey gear in North America is one thing.  Being able to work with distributors all over the world, while being unknown to them, is where my concern is.

agree with you here. this is the first time i'm hearing of them to be honest. New Balance on the other hand, is a popular brand here in Singapore but Warrior, unheard of.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:19 am

The Good Yank wrote:I don't have worries over production, that I think will be fine.  I'm worried about distribution.  Selling Lax and hockey gear in North America is one thing.  Being able to work with distributors all over the world, while being unknown to them, is where my concern is.

Ahhh I get what you're saying.

Monopoly, anyone?  :D
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 am

Bear in mind this just the kit deal not the sponsorship. The deal is massive.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:11 am

So between Standard Chartered and Warrior thats £45 million a year..and no debts. Good work FSG.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 am

so no more All Day I Dream About Sex? :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Scottbot » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:49 am

I hope the kit is actually new balance and not warrior! Trying to imagine wearing a shirt with the word "warrior" on it, we'll kit the pi..s...s ripped out of us!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 am

I like that Warrior logo and sets us apart from other teams, which as Liverpool fans we rather like anyway  :;): Good work from FSG this, its terrific money and introducing a new shirt brand, happy days.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:18 am

I like Adidas..

:(

Why don't i like the sound of this
roberto green

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion