Gonazlez signs four year deal - At last

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:57 pm

Here is the facts, Gonzalez is a Liverpool player but will remain at his club until next season as Liverpool cannot apply for another work permit for him this season. But in January we can say we want him loaned out to a club in the top flight in spain so he gains better 1st team experiance before he comes to us. Then when the season finishes in Spain Gonzalez will be able to apply for Spanish nationality or passport, thus meaning he will not need a work permit to play for us next season but as these applications for nationality can take upto a few months, he will be givin a temporary work permit till hes application for Nationality is fully processed.

So there you have it, Gonzalez will not be seen in a red shirt till next season.

Once he gets his Spanish passport or Nationality, Chiles status in world football will no longer affect him or who he plays for.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby stoney » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:07 pm

Rafael Benitez is looking forward to the Anfield arrival of Albacete's Mark Gonzalez and is confident the Chilean winger can make a big impact at Liverpool. 
A statement on Thursday confirmed the club have agreed a deal to sign the highly-rated youngster - nicknamed 'Speedy' - on a permanent basis, subject to him meeting the relevant eligibility rules.

"He is a player we want to be able to use as soon as possible but the situation as it stands is that we are still awaiting a work permit for him," says Benitez.

"Ideally, we would like to have him here in January but if that's not possible then we will have to wait until next season for him, when he will have a European passport.

"He's a left winger with pace and skill who is capable of getting to the by-line and providing crosses that the likes of Peter Crouch and Fernando Morientes should thrive on.

"He has had an injury but he's close to finishing his recuperation now and should be ready to start playing again in the next month."
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 pm

I hope all you are saying about him is true. Myself, I don't know, because I only see the very highlights of Spanish Segunda division (YOur Division one) and haven't seen him playing.

Even if he performs well in the segunda division, his performance on a higher league is yet to be seen.

Being Chilean international means little nowadays, Chile is not the difficult team to beat of the nineties right now.

What is quite certain, is that he'll get the Spanish passport soon, because IIRC both Argentina and Chile have a double nationality agreement with my country, which is not quickly observed with common people but it is with this bloody rich lucky b*stards.

At the very least, he'll provide depth to the squad, which is nice.

I don't know if CIGGY will find sexy this one.

He doesn't seem to be that latin, since he was born in South Africa and his second name is Hoffman.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 pm

Hey Sabre, haven't you seen Gonzales play last season when Albacete were in the primera division before he was injured.  ???
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:20 pm

To be honest, I probably did because I saw Real Sociedad - Albacete game, but didn't catch my attention, sorry.

Albacete had a decent start with their striker Manchev making goals, but their second round of the league was awful. I've mailed a friend of mine who sees all albacete games and I'll see what he tells me.

Stoney, I just love football, and see many matches since 1989, not that I'm an expert, just as many of you,I'm just a good supporter :)

Now that I see the stats, 28 games,  4 goals,  3 Assists, well... I won't be too harsh to myself because not knowing him, first season, playing for ALbacete (cr*p) and having one of the most common Spanish surnames I didn't watch him closely :blush:  :blush: :)

Sabre 
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:31 pm

stoney wrote:Rafael Benitez is looking forward to the Anfield arrival of Albacete's Mark Gonzalez and is confident the Chilean winger can make a big impact at Liverpool. 
A statement on Thursday confirmed the club have agreed a deal to sign the highly-rated youngster - nicknamed 'Speedy' - on a permanent basis, subject to him meeting the relevant eligibility rules.

"He is a player we want to be able to use as soon as possible but the situation as it stands is that we are still awaiting a work permit for him," says Benitez.

"Ideally, we would like to have him here in January but if that's not possible then we will have to wait until next season for him, when he will have a European passport.

"He's a left winger with pace and skill who is capable of getting to the by-line and providing crosses that the likes of Peter Crouch and Fernando Morientes should thrive on.

"He has had an injury but he's close to finishing his recuperation now and should be ready to start playing again in the next month."

yeh ive just seen that interview on SSN stoney.

do you agree the implication of gonzalez going straight into the team to be reasonable? judging by the reports from LFC staff. and they seem pretty sure that will be the case.
it certainly sounds the death knell for the returning (rejuvenated?) kewell?

harry kewell must now realise he has the remainder of this season to BETTER rafa's expectations of him or face the door.
it must be as black and white as that...judging by the anticipation of MG's arrival id say they are publically well and truly numbered now.

harry your stage is set......time to do the business. unless you want to end up at villa.

???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:08 pm

Gonzalez looks exciting! Rafa's judgment is very good, and when he talks about player most of the times it is true! i hope Gonzalez become an anfield legend next year!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion