New aquisitions so far...............cr*p - Wheres the world class signing's rafa?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:25 pm

....from a not too happy fan!

New season is Dawning, players back in training , games coming up, but of the signings so far...... Im disapointed on the whole.

We Signed Zenden on a free, so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.
Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me, as I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper. ok he makes an odd mistake, but not that many. If Reina makes :censored: ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great! sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Apart from that, the same squad, that lost about 10 away games last season. We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

Rafa said, they as individuals are the best keeper in spain, the best player in Chile to the press. that is a bold statement, and needs to be backed up on the pitch.

2/3 new players coming soon? according to rafa, the susepense is killing me. Please no more spanish second divison players.
Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

C'mon Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
65-1114725958

Postby dosserboy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Agree with you there, but hope the big signings come tomorrow.  We still have, in theory 30 million to spend, I can understand the cheaper deals being done first to stop other clubs getting them (Trust in Rafa), but shorely there has to be 2 x 12million plus signings!!
dosserboy

Postby liamac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:45 pm

Reina.......considered to be THE BEST  goalkeeper in Spain  nuff said

Zenden.....was offered a new contract but said he wasnt interested , i think he new he already was wanted by us . A lot of Chelsea supporters couldnt understand why  he was allowed to go and was also considered by many to be by far the best player for Buro .

Gonzalez .....considered by many of the worlds media to be the finest player to come out of Chile in many years . Yes was in a team that was relegated but  like many a young player  was meant for bigger and better clubs

Baragan .....a very promising  defender for the future

And dont forget Raffa still is signing 2 or 3 more players  and got rid of a lot of dross  .Dont forget the players that he brought in last season , Alonso  Garcia  Morientes  and ok a couple of  duds   but hey , no ones perfect :p
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:51 pm

Agree with liamac. I'll trust in Rafa. Otherwise I'd be the guv. :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dosserboy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:53 pm

Not knocking the signings made recently as Reina and Zenden are class players that only cost 6 million, but to get off to a flying start this season we just need some more proven class players with the 30 million thats left!
dosserboy

Postby liamac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:01 pm

Well Figo is more or less a done deal  ,  ok he is 32  but Mc Callister was how old ?  34 , 35 ?  and how insperational was he  and lets not forget when he comes here , Figo will be playing for a team and not a circus of individual peacocks .

Still need a centre back for sure  and i also think a defensive midfielder as a squad player or eventual replacement for Didi . Lets not forget  Raffa has let go  Igor  , Smicer , Dio  and Chereu and needs more  players in the midfield role
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:09 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:....from a not too happy fan!

New season is Dawning, players back in training , games coming up, but of the signings so far...... Im disapointed on the whole.

We Signed Zenden on a free, so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.

Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me, as I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper. ok he makes an odd mistake, but not that many. If Reina makes :censored: ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great! sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Apart from that, the same squad, that lost about 10 away games last season. We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

Rafa said, they as individuals are the best keeper in spain, the best player in Chile to the press. that is a bold statement, and needs to be backed up on the pitch.

2/3 new players coming soon? according to rafa, the susepense is killing me. Please no more spanish second divison players.
Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

So is your mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:38 pm

Alonso.....In Rafa we trust mate, were was are world class signings last season but we picked up the big one, no one knew how good alonso was, only when he played we knew how good he was, same with garcia, be patient my friend Chelsea have all the money under the sun and tell me were there world class signings are??? Rafa is a genius and there is nothing to panic about.....although two world class players do sign contracts tomorrow, make sure u look out for it!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:07 am

Garymac who are these  two signings that your on about ?
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:11 am

liamac wrote:Garymac who are these  two signings that your on about ?

Carragher and Gerrard of course, both sign there new deals tomorrow....Thought every 1 knew....or has Gerrard changed his mind again!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:16 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:....from a not too happy fan!

There are so many factual errors in that statement that its hard to take seriously.

Not a happy fan? We're European Champions!  :rasp
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby steven-lfc-forever » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:03 am

well with luis figo theres a huge name....hopefully we get dirk kuyt who has been excellent this season, and hopefully another cb

its early days yet guys.....have patience

i trust rafa can make the right signings
steven-lfc-forever

Postby mike72 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:25 am

It looks like Diao is staying instead of us getting a new defensive midfielder....he was in the photo in the papers of the squad gathering around Rafa when they thought Stevie was leaving....players who weren't there (it may or may not mean anything) were Baros, Kewell, Traore and Cisse.
mike72

Postby laza » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:07 am

Totally agree why cant we be like Real Madrid whose manager obviously plays lots of championship manager and has a team of superstars who won so much....last.....err

Dont worry be happy :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:43 am

Zenden was offered a two year deal but he turned down Middlesbrough. He's a versitile player and he has plenty of Premiership experienced. I rather see Zenden on the wing than Riise, and will do much a better job than Riise has done last season. He will turn out to be one of our major players.

We bought Reina for 6 million pounds not 8. Reina kept over 20 clean sheets, how many did Dudek keep? Whilst Dudek made incredible saves against AC Milan in the second-half, he has made plenty of mistakes in the last two seasons. The blunders against Manchester United, the undecissiveness whenever there is a ball in the box and the fact that he's easily  beaten whenever a player is near the post.

You never seen him play so how can you call him a Nunez signing? Make your judgements on the player after he's played enough games to be judged.

Barragan is highly rated, he's been immense for Spain's Youth team.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion