New aquisitions so far...............cr*p - Wheres the world class signing's rafa?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:49 am

come on guys, the season hasn't even started yet and the transfer window opened only 8 days ago ffs and we are starting on the negativity. we need better mentality. Rafa has crown lfc as champions of europe 2005 against ALL odds. sure they were a couple of duds but at least we are not paying above the odds for the new Zidane or Viera and they did provide some respite in last season campaign for the 1st teamers.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:55 am

yeah totally agree the window has just opened, we have only got a few cheap signings in so far and we still have a lot of money to spend this summer. have faith in rafa he knows exactly what hes doing. if we dont get our quality players in at the press conference today then i am willing to wait longer. rafa will get ther players he wants
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:24 am

Reina is quality for those who seen him play before.

From reports i heard, Mark Gonzales is a very quick, talented and versatile player and the purpose of the loan deal is to evaluate his fitness before signing him next season.

Zenden is a combination of experience, intelligence and talent and the same applies to Luis Figo.

Barragan and Hobbs are great talents. They are still very young and might be the heros of the team in the years to come.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:27 am

overall im happy with rafas signings so far although i do expect a couple of quality first team regulars to be brought in soon
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:58 am

i am happy with the signings so far. rafa has moved on some of the dross and in come some solid squad players. No big name signings (yet) but solid nevertheless.  we have width now and if we acquire Crouchie (i will trust rafa on this) we suddenly have possibilities on those away games with the mid table teams.

last season i thought we were too one dimensional but this season i see immense possibilities.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:01 am

agree but i still prefer having either Dirk Kuyt or Pedro Saviola rather than Crouch.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:14 am

I think RB is looking at the players that fit into his systems . What for if we buy a world class player but it's doesn't fit into his systems.

Look at Chelsea .... some of the players are world class but they doesn't fit into JM plan.
Remember the match between us and Milan . They have a lot of world class players but at the end of the day, we win they lose.

Just like playing chess .... it's not the board but it's how you move and check mate !
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:19 am

i agree . Examples at Chelsea: Veron, Crespo(only back due to lack of big name strikers on the market) and Kezman.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:49 am

Figo's signing was a real surprise to me... that is what rafa means by big signings... we have 30M in hand to spend and they are still negotiating with real madrid that they are only gonna take Figo if there is no transfer fee.. how funny that is... really spend the 30M we have on someone who IS big (note the present tense and no past/futre test) and it is ridiculous how real madrid spent 37M on him and now releasing him on a free...

About other signings.. i believe Rafa should bring in a CB asap... either as a cover for Hypiaa or even using him as rotation with Hyypia... This guy is still good but i dont think he has the physical fitness to take 40 games of premier league + uefa + cups.. AND it'd be better to get another striker as well... seems that our strikers are all pretty injury prone.. and inconsistent..

One more recommendation for Rafa.. play Pongolle more next season... either as RW or forward.. this guy has a lot of talent in him.. and he needs to play (first team not reserves) to help him develop...

Otherwise i believe we have a strong enough team to challenge the top three... oh oops i forgot Everton.. :p
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:56 am

That post Alfonso_alonso wrote is uncannily similar to the sort of threads the Hustler started.

Gonzalez is Chilean btw, and tbh how many world class players did Rafa sign at Valencia? yet what happened? They won the league twice in 3 years.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:00 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:1) We Signed Zenden on a free

2) so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.

3) Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

4) Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me

5) I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper

6) If Reina makes funk ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

7) Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great!

8) sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

9) That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

10) We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

11) Please no more spanish second divison players.

12) Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

What a lueless idiot you are.

I have paraphrased your post, and its shocking to say the least.

1) Exactly, no outlay for a proven Premiership quality player.

2) He refused three improved contracts from Boro, and once the European Champions came in for him there was no chance he would stay there.

3) Form is temporary and class is permanent, but in all honesty Zenden has been Boro's class player and his form has been superb.

4) He cost £6m, but officially it is undisclosed, so where did you get £8m from ??

5) That statement highlights your stupidity.

6) No as a knowledgeable fan I will not, but fickle fool like you might well do so.

7) He was signed from Albecete, who will play in Spain's second tier next term, so you are right on that point, but the fact that he was signed despite an injury is clearly testament to the quality that the lad must have. Van Nostrill hair didnt do too bad after a similar thing. Also if he is injured, then a loan is ideal so our Doc's can assess him and get him to fitness, then we take a close look with no outlay or initial commitment.

8) Nunez was someone Rafa had worked with previously and formed part of a deal for one of our players. Nunez has proved himself an able first team squad member, so if at 21 Gonzales does the same, I will be more than happy if we sign him next close season.

9) Ignorance is bliss isnt it? If you cant be bothered to find out  Antonio Barragan's name, then dont bother to slate the lad. For the record spanish right back Antonio Barragan has arrived from Sevilla's youth team and is seen as a very shrewd capture by Rafael Benitez.

Barragan, 18, is an attacking right back as well as being a good young defender.

Although Barragan didn't make an appearance for Sevilla's first team, he has caught the attention of Anfield boss Rafael Benitez with a series of superb displays for the Sevilla youth side. A highly rated player, Barragan rejected the chance to sign a professional contract in Seville to opt for the new challenge under Benitez at Liverpool.

10) We do not need loads of top class world class superstar big name signings, we need the RIGHT signings. Look at Real Madrid for a good reason why big names do not equal titles/trophy's. Rafa will get it right. We needed another 15-20 goals last season and we would of at elast halved the gap at the top.

11) Why not ? If they are good enough, then it does not matter where they come from. Keegan came from Bournemouth and Rushie came from Chester.

12) Please tell me you are not sitting in the Kop ! All I need is an idiot like you demanding things and getting on the players back at the first misplaced pass.

All in all, your post is a contender for worst of the year.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:05 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:All in all, your post is a contender for worst of the year.

LOL so true.

And a hope we get kuyt rather than crouch.Dont think crouch has much apart frm height.  ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby real fan from abroad » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:19 am

Rafa never were a big name's manager!!
even in valencia he bought good, promising players(no big names, Aimar was unknown at the time) and won La Liga and the UEFA cup!
real fan from abroad

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:26 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:....from a not too happy fan!

New season is Dawning, players back in training , games coming up, but of the signings so far...... Im disapointed on the whole.

We Signed Zenden on a free, so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.
Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me, as I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper. ok he makes an odd mistake, but not that many. If Reina makes :censored: ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great! sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Apart from that, the same squad, that lost about 10 away games last season. We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

Rafa said, they as individuals are the best keeper in spain, the best player in Chile to the press. that is a bold statement, and needs to be backed up on the pitch.

2/3 new players coming soon? according to rafa, the susepense is killing me. Please no more spanish second divison players.
Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

C'mon Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alfonso,  we are just approaching the end of the FIRST week of the transfer market being open!!!  There's another 2 MONTHS (less 1 week!!) to go.  Have a little patience.  NEway, your whole post is complete cr@p, so riddled with errors, it's actually funny!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:40 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:1) We Signed Zenden on a free

2) so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.

3) Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

4) Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me

5) I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper

6) If Reina makes funk ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

7) Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great!

8) sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

9) That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

10) We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

11) Please no more spanish second divison players.

12) Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

What a lueless idiot you are.

I have paraphrased your post, and its shocking to say the least.

1) Exactly, no outlay for a proven Premiership quality player.

2) He refused three improved contracts from Boro, and once the European Champions came in for him there was no chance he would stay there.

3) Form is temporary and class is permanent, but in all honesty Zenden has been Boro's class player and his form has been superb.

4) He cost £6m, but officially it is undisclosed, so where did you get £8m from ??

5) That statement highlights your stupidity.

6) No as a knowledgeable fan I will not, but fickle fool like you might well do so.

7) He was signed from Albecete, who will play in Spain's second tier next term, so you are right on that point, but the fact that he was signed despite an injury is clearly testament to the quality that the lad must have. Van Nostrill hair didnt do too bad after a similar thing. Also if he is injured, then a loan is ideal so our Doc's can assess him and get him to fitness, then we take a close look with no outlay or initial commitment.

8) Nunez was someone Rafa had worked with previously and formed part of a deal for one of our players. Nunez has proved himself an able first team squad member, so if at 21 Gonzales does the same, I will be more than happy if we sign him next close season.

9) Ignorance is bliss isnt it? If you cant be bothered to find out  Antonio Barragan's name, then dont bother to slate the lad. For the record spanish right back Antonio Barragan has arrived from Sevilla's youth team and is seen as a very shrewd capture by Rafael Benitez.

Barragan, 18, is an attacking right back as well as being a good young defender.

Although Barragan didn't make an appearance for Sevilla's first team, he has caught the attention of Anfield boss Rafael Benitez with a series of superb displays for the Sevilla youth side. A highly rated player, Barragan rejected the chance to sign a professional contract in Seville to opt for the new challenge under Benitez at Liverpool.

10) We do not need loads of top class world class superstar big name signings, we need the RIGHT signings. Look at Real Madrid for a good reason why big names do not equal titles/trophy's. Rafa will get it right. We needed another 15-20 goals last season and we would of at elast halved the gap at the top.

11) Why not ? If they are good enough, then it does not matter where they come from. Keegan came from Bournemouth and Rushie came from Chester.

12) Please tell me you are not sitting in the Kop ! All I need is an idiot like you demanding things and getting on the players back at the first misplaced pass.

All in all, your post is a contender for worst of the year.

cant not of put it better myself leon!
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion