New aquisitions so far...............cr*p - Wheres the world class signing's rafa?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:01 pm

this alfonso alonso it not a liverpool fan,the post he started on this thread  just proves it.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:07 pm

Just by the title, it sounds like he wants Rafa to spend his whole summer kitty on Zidane.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:13 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Just by the title, it sounds like he wants Rafa to spend his whole summer kitty on Zidane.

:D
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:He has discovered some of the most coveted players in La Liga to name a few, he was the frist to find Pablo Aimar, Vicente, Mista, Alonso and Luis Garcia.

Sorry bav lad, but he didn't discover Alonso.  If I'm not mistaken, John Toshack was the first to notice how good this lad was, as the previous manager of Real Sociedad had loaned Alonso out to a lesser team.

When Toshack replaced this guy, the first thing he did in the job was recall Alonso from this loan deal because he knew he had a special player on his hands.

I'm I'm wrong, please correct me.  :)
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:18 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:He has discovered some of the most coveted players in La Liga to name a few, he was the frist to find Pablo Aimar, Vicente, Mista, Alonso and Luis Garcia.

Sorry bav lad, but he didn't discover Alonso.  If I'm not mistaken, John Toshack was the first to notice how good this lad was, as the previous manager of Real Sociedad had loaned Alonso out to a lesser team.

When Toshack replaced this guy, the first thing he did in the job was recall Alonso from this loan deal because he knew he had a special player on his hands.

I'm I'm wrong, please correct me.  :)

You are right, it was John Toshack
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:18 pm

jonny mac,you are right and toshack made him captain at 19 -20 years old,when he returned from his loan spell.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:34 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:the referee hadn't given Gareth Barry a foul at Villa Park

Sorry to be pedantic Leon, but I assume you are referring to the Solano FK at Villa park? It was Gavin McCann who was fouled I believe, not Barry.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:48 pm

from my point of view while i think winning the Champions League was a fantastic achievement it does not necessarily mean we are a great sidt yet - clearly the potential is there if you can hang on to the right players and the manager of course - Porto could not do either and disappeared just as quickly as they came from nowhere

so to become a great side, well yes we could spend outside our means and destroy the club for years to come by buying all the big household names possible - if we had endless amounts of money perhaps this would be done. or, we can create a team ethic and make great players out of relative unknowns who have the talent but just it to be harnessed effectively - who made household names of Dalglish, Rush etc, LFC

first thing you do is appoint the right manager to get you there - thats what Rafa is all about - he has a vision for how football should be played, a harsh side to remove players who don't fit that ideal and most of all the commitment to succeed - listening to recent comments from Rafa, Stevie, Didi and Carra makes it clear that the Premiership is the target above all else. The best teams not only do well because they have good players but they have the commitment, desire and passion to win matches - we showed some of these qualities last year in certain matches and lacked it in others - thats the consistency angle Rafa is working on but we'll get there. Remember there was some stat last year when we beat Fulham or was it Man City - cannot remember it exactly but s/thing like the first time we had come from behind to win in 3 or so years to win - Rafa did s/thing that GH and he like could not

Yes it would be nice to have big signings and they may well come in time, but do we definitely need them perhaps not especially with Nando, Kewell, Cisse effectively being new signings for 2005/06 vs 2004/05
red_indian

Postby liamac » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:49 pm

Your right JonnyMac , he was made captain at the age of 19 - 20 and was even honoured with the title of Don Alonso  which is a  genuine mark of respect  in Spain .

Alfonso Alonso  just a word of advise laddy , when you make a post like that  be prepared for  some of  us to  be critical  of it  and give counter arguments  ,but also be prepared for some  to  grab you by the b.*ll*c*ks and give you a Glaswegian handshake for making such a daft  post   ........ cough Leon cough  not that im mentioning any cough names  :p :D :p :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:49 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:1) We Signed Zenden on a free

2) so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.

3) Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

4) Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me

5) I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper

6) If Reina makes funk ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

7) Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great!

8) sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

9) That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

10) We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

11) Please no more spanish second divison players.

12) Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

What a lueless idiot you are.

I have paraphrased your post, and its shocking to say the least.

1) Exactly, no outlay for a proven Premiership quality player.

2) He refused three improved contracts from Boro, and once the European Champions came in for him there was no chance he would stay there.

3) Form is temporary and class is permanent, but in all honesty Zenden has been Boro's class player and his form has been superb.

4) He cost £6m, but officially it is undisclosed, so where did you get £8m from ??

5) That statement highlights your stupidity.

6) No as a knowledgeable fan I will not, but fickle fool like you might well do so.

7) He was signed from Albecete, who will play in Spain's second tier next term, so you are right on that point, but the fact that he was signed despite an injury is clearly testament to the quality that the lad must have. Van Nostrill hair didnt do too bad after a similar thing. Also if he is injured, then a loan is ideal so our Doc's can assess him and get him to fitness, then we take a close look with no outlay or initial commitment.

8) Nunez was someone Rafa had worked with previously and formed part of a deal for one of our players. Nunez has proved himself an able first team squad member, so if at 21 Gonzales does the same, I will be more than happy if we sign him next close season.

9) Ignorance is bliss isnt it? If you cant be bothered to find out  Antonio Barragan's name, then dont bother to slate the lad. For the record spanish right back Antonio Barragan has arrived from Sevilla's youth team and is seen as a very shrewd capture by Rafael Benitez.

Barragan, 18, is an attacking right back as well as being a good young defender.

Although Barragan didn't make an appearance for Sevilla's first team, he has caught the attention of Anfield boss Rafael Benitez with a series of superb displays for the Sevilla youth side. A highly rated player, Barragan rejected the chance to sign a professional contract in Seville to opt for the new challenge under Benitez at Liverpool.

10) We do not need loads of top class world class superstar big name signings, we need the RIGHT signings. Look at Real Madrid for a good reason why big names do not equal titles/trophy's. Rafa will get it right. We needed another 15-20 goals last season and we would of at elast halved the gap at the top.

11) Why not ? If they are good enough, then it does not matter where they come from. Keegan came from Bournemouth and Rushie came from Chester.

12) Please tell me you are not sitting in the Kop ! All I need is an idiot like you demanding things and getting on the players back at the first misplaced pass.

All in all, your post is a contender for worst of the year.

Spot on leon...Tw@t of a topic,Alfonso Alonso, why u picking at are champions league win, WE WON IT. U go on like some chelsea or manc tw@t who is bitter about us winning it, tell me what did u do on the 25th, Celebrate like it was the greatest night of your life or Complain about how lucky we were and didnt deserve it, Give it a rest u boring c0ck, we dont need supporters like you who only want to be there if were playing 'attractive' football......Oh and i dont want you sittin by me either!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:34 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Alfonso , after posting something like this how the fu'ck do you expect any of us to show any respect for your "observations" ?
At least have the wit to do some research instead of just opening you're gob and spouting sh'it .
I'm not sure how old you are ,if you're just a kid then I can only advise you to do your homework before you  get another verbal kickin' in this forum.
If you're not a "kid" then you have no excuse for sounding like a total Fu*king tool.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:13 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:....from a not too happy fan!

New season is Dawning, players back in training , games coming up, but of the signings so far...... Im disapointed on the whole.

We Signed Zenden on a free, so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.
Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me, as I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper. ok he makes an odd mistake, but not that many. If Reina makes :censored: ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great! sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Apart from that, the same squad, that lost about 10 away games last season. We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

Rafa said, they as individuals are the best keeper in spain, the best player in Chile to the press. that is a bold statement, and needs to be backed up on the pitch.

2/3 new players coming soon? according to rafa, the susepense is killing me. Please no more spanish second divison players.
Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

C'mon Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First things first alf. Zenden is quality and Boro did offer him a better deal but it did not match ours and he found it hard to live in the north west. I even know a couple of Chelski fans who would like him back and hate the fact that we got him.

Reina is a waste, eh? Dudek would make your top 10 list of "world class" keepers would he? Get real mate. Dudek had his night of glory and I don't begrudge him any of it. But he was not, and never had the potential to be, a top draw goalkeeper. I still can't believe we got rid of Westaveld, but that's a different issue.

Gonzales is not, as you so elequantly articulated a "spanish dood" being that he is in fact Chilian. And before you make any judgements about second division players, I hope you haven't forgotten what Burnley did to our second string, and what the newly demoted Saints and Palace did to our big boys.

Antonio Barragan is your missing purchase and I must admit to being in a similar way in the dark. What I do know is that while we snuck in the back door and grabbed him, Real and Barca were still squabling over his signature (which could be a possible reason for Real now wanting some ca$h for Luis Figo, but that is pure speculation).

I'm not going to say that I am happy with the situation. I'm a bit annoyed that the purchases of SWP and Aimar look far off now. We desperatly need defenders and some home grown talent is always a plus. But what we all do here is forget two little facts. Firstly, we are not scouts or coaches and we do not have the eyes for talent and the amenities to get to the places where the talent is kept, at our disposal. Secondly, we should remember that the summer is by no means over and we are being linked with everyone. Sissoku, Milito, Juanito, Aimar, SWP, Kuijt, Duff, J. Cole, Vicente, Raul, Tomasson, Essien, Wiltord, Figo, Upson, Hobbs, Owen, Guti, Crouch (please god, NOOO!!!), Luque, Ballack, Hargreaves and Baraja to name but a few. We do not know how many of these will develop or when. I'd be happy with any two from this list and I'm sure Rafa knows exactly which two he would have.

VIVA LOS RAFA-LUTION!!!, DONAR RAFA SU CREENCIA!!!

:pirate  :buttrock  :nod
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm

Ok people i think he gets the message.

summer time in England is always an ancious one and maybe he feels it more than others.
66-1112520797

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:31 pm

Man gwet facts right b4 you mouth off please. All of rafas signing have been fantastic (nunez exception) all ever present (bar injuries) we need to build a squad not buy 1 or 2 overpriced primadonnas, he is signing players who will improve our squad and still have time to improve for the future. So stop moaning and  get behind your manager and shut up.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steven-lfc-forever » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:46 pm

yeh man dont wanna join the slagging band wagging, but do a little research before you run your mouth of....
steven-lfc-forever

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion