Gerrard is not world class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby darwisigila » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:07 pm

If Gerrard play as rm, he's world class player and if he play cm or others position, he's not!!. hehe
So rafa can decide if he want to select gerrard the world class or gerrard the average week in week out..

:D
darwisigila

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:21 pm

Pele may be the second best player ever (Diego number one) but his knowledge of the game isn't that great. I remember him saying that England,Argentina and France would all go far in the world cup in 2002 but if had even looked at thd draw he would have seen that if France got out of their group then they'd play either England or Argentina (if they got out of theirs) :laugh:

SG looks great for Liverpool but I see what you are saying about internationals, hasn't impressed at a tournament with England. This might be because of fat frank or because he plays on the right for lfc.

It is a reasonable question though - I don't know the answer. The media make out that Ashley cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, lampard, Rooney and Owen are all world class. If that is the case how come England never do well in tournaments?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:29 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:That list doesnt surprise me in the slightest so many big names on there based on reputation only.
I thought Frings should of been in there ahead of Ballack, Ballack was poor and almost as wasteful as Lampard.
How Maxi Rodriguez isnt in there is an absolute joke, he was my player of the tournament.
I also actually think that ribery should definately have been in there.
Not one England player can have any complaints with not being in that list and Terry should not be in there either.

Not having that that Ballack was poor. Not at all. Some of his passes and alround play were exceptional.

His awareness of whats around him, invention and ability to pass a ball with two feet aswell as dicate the pace of a game is unbelievable. Great player.
Good Bob

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Ballack played a captains role for Germany - he was world class and i am looking forward to Stevie, Sissy and Xabi showing him exactly how to play in the midfield this season when we play Chelsea!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:09 pm

I don't think Ballack will play more than 20 games for Chelsea next season, he looks injury prone.
Mark 23

Postby hobbes » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:26 am

:censored: ...nonsencical article. Must be from anti Liverpool mentality
hobbes

Postby corsocomo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:18 pm

hobbes mate...It's just part and parcel of being the best football club in the history of club football - Together with RM. But we still command more respect from all quarters of the footballing world than any other team. Fact. So we have to handle these immature anti-lfc mentalities maturely and ignore the negative comments on us as there are just so many sore idiots waiting for any chance to wind us up. :D
corsocomo

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion