Gerrard is not world class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:26 pm

That list doesnt surprise me in the slightest so many big names on there based on reputation only.
I thought Frings should of been in there ahead of Ballack, Ballack was poor and almost as wasteful as Lampard.
How Maxi Rodriguez isnt in there is an absolute joke, he was my player of the tournament.
I also actually think that ribery should definately have been in there.
Not one England player can have any complaints with not being in that list and Terry should not be in there either.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm

With out reading this whole thread, there is definitely an argument for Gerrard not being world class when playing as part of a central midfield 2, because he is weak tactically, but you can argue strongly the other way. Playing on the right he is defiantly world class.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby corsocomo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:29 pm

Gerrard not world-class? ???

Read what Pele has to say::

http://home.skysports.com/worldcu....he+best

FFS!!! Idiots... :O
corsocomo

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:34 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:With out reading this whole thread, there is definitely an argument for Gerrard not being world class when playing as part of a central midfield 2, because he is weak tactically, but you can argue strongly the other way. Playing on the right he is defiantly world class.

Yet for 2 years and feck knows how many threads, all people have been moaning about is when we are gonna sign a decent right winger!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:44 pm

corsocomo wrote:Gerrard not world-class? ???

Pele also said that an African team would win the world cup by the year 2000. Just because you were a good player doesn’t mean you know more about football.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:50 pm

pele does know a lot about penile disfunction tho :nod  :nod
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:53 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:

Pele also said that an African team would win the world cup by the year 2000. Just because you were a good player doesn’t mean you know more about football.

I could be wrong, but I think he said 2010, so it could still happen in South Africa...
:suspect:

Don't put any money on it though!
:no
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:57 pm

2520years wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think he said 2010, so it could still happen in South Africa...
:suspect:

Don't put any money on it though!
:no

My mistake, it was 2010, but he only has one chance left, and would anyone back him up now?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:11 pm

I don't know what happened in this year's World Cup qualifiers in the African zone.  Many of the usual qualifiers like Cameroon and Nigeria didn't qualify, but some previous unknowns like Angola and Togo did.  It's good for football for different nations to experience the World Cup, but you have to wonder where the traditional top teams went wrong.  The African team that are likely to do well in 2010 are the hosts, because they're the hosts, but it's clear now that Pele was being too optomistic.  (The way people gush round Pele gets on my nerves to be honest.  He deserves respect, but you can almost see people dribbling when he's in the room.)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby corsocomo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:pele does know a lot about penile disfunction tho :nod  :nod

ROFL!!! He does I must admit.
But everyone makes mistakes on predictions. So you can't hold Pele to ransom when he gets predictions wrong.
This is a statement not a prediction! And he is stating his own PERSONAL view that Gerrard is best in the world in his eyes!

Even if Stevie isn't Best in the WORLD, I am pretty sure he's world-class!  :talktothehand
corsocomo

Postby Anfield Kop » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:48 am

Are we talking about the same Gerrard or is it former everton keeper Paul Gerrard ?? ??? :D :D :D
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:06 am

Gerrard is World Class.  However his one of only 3 England players that are.  The talk of 7 world class players or 'golden generation' is laughable.  Gerrard, Rooney and Cole are the only 3 I think can be given the term world class.  Lampard defiantly isnt.  Terry is good but he isnt world class as he cant play.  Marquez is far better.  Joe Cole is far from World Class.  Technically England dont have good enough players.  Players which can find space for themselves, have vision and can pass accuratly when under pressure.
kobashi

Postby corsocomo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:13 am

A.Cole isn't world-class imho... ???
corsocomo

Postby clik » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:32 am

and no Torsten Frings?
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:With out reading this whole thread, there is definitely an argument for Gerrard not being world class when playing as part of a central midfield 2, because he is weak tactically, but you can argue strongly the other way. Playing on the right he is defiantly world class.

i'd agree with that. in a 4-4-2 i still have my reservations about gerrard's tactical flexibility, although he has improved this aspect of his game over the last eighteen months. i suppose we're lucky that alonso and sissoko are virtually undroppable now so stevie can continue to cause destruction whilst roaming from the right flank, which is indeed his best position imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion