New aquisitions so far...............cr*p - Wheres the world class signing's rafa?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:53 pm

If the Figo deals go through we have some real options in midfield now. Gerrard, Alonso,Hamann, Figo,Zenden,Garcia and Kewell to mention the main contenders. Aside from that we will have the kid from Chile waiting in the wings behind these experienced pros. We also have Cisse, Baros and Morientes up front, so we are hardly stuggling. No many teams can boast a group of players like that and we have a few more to come in. Cheer up lol  :nod
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:53 pm

mike72 wrote:It looks like Diao is staying instead of us getting a new defensive midfielder....he was in the photo in the papers of the squad gathering around Rafa when they thought Stevie was leaving....players who weren't there (it may or may not mean anything) were Baros, Kewell, Traore and Cisse.

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Oo:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VivaRafa » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:18 pm

The truth is that Liverpool doesn't have the money to spend like Chelsea, Real, Milan...Yes, it is very easy to sign world-class players at any price, like Mourinho. Rafa has a very limited budget for today's standards, and he has to be "frugal" in his deals. Also, he has to thinks of the future and get very young players with lots of possibilities. For me, the best signing Liverpool has made in years is to get Rafael Benitez. He does not have anything to prove, and he has won big trophies before coming to Liverpool. To win la Liga with the likes of Real and Barsa in it, is totally remarkable..and he did it twice, with a team of limited economic resources. So...I would just trust the manager, and support him as much as possible. Don't forget, Rafa is committed to the team, not like other people who don't know if they want to leave or not.
VivaRafa

Postby liamac » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 pm

Agree 100% VivaRafa  , the manager knows when a player is not good enough  if he has signed him  , just look at the way Nunez is in talks about a transfer ........

Celta Vigo have confirmed their interest in Antonio Nunez, and have already begun talks with Liverpool.

Nunez was just a bit-part player for The Reds last season and it seems as though his Anfield career will last just the one year.

Rafa Benitez is trying to re-shape his squad for the coming campaign and with the likes of Luis Figo in discussions to join the European champions, Nunez is one of the men who could make way.

Spanish side Celta Vigo have confirmed they are interested in bringing former Real Madrid man Nunez back to La Liga.

"The coach considers that Antonio could be perfect for our scheme and we have initiated the negotiations," Vigo sporting director Felix Canero told skysports.com.

"We hope for a definitive answer soon."

Celta coach Fernando Vazquez has talked with Anfield counterpart Benitez about Nunez, and he has seemingly agreed to let him go.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:23 pm

what do celta vigo see in nunez,that the rest of the football world does not
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:28 pm

mighty mo wrote:what do celta vigo see in nunez,that the rest of the football world does not

God knows?...but let him go, and throw in josemi for good measure!.. :laugh:  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:43 pm

parchpea wrote:If the Figo deals go through we have some real options in midfield now. Gerrard, Alonso,Hamann, Figo,Zenden,Garcia and Kewell to mention the main contenders. Aside from that we will have the kid from Chile waiting in the wings behind these experienced pros. We also have Cisse, Baros and Morientes up front, so we are hardly stuggling. No many teams can boast a group of players like that and we have a few more to come in. Cheer up lol  :nod

ooh that looks a very strong midfield and attack this season and then we've got these young players brought in to strengthen the squad and give us more options and there are surely a few more names to come in this summer, with the money we have left to spend they should be very good

so far this summer rafas been working to reverse exactly what he saw as the problem last season in the league and that was our lack of options within the squad and weakness with all the injuries so hes been bringing in players on frees (zenden, figo hopefully soon) and on loan first to bulk up the squad, soon we will see him make the big signings of the summer
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:47 pm

The world class signing is possibly rafa himself.

He's already the 'world class' signing for us and the 'world class player' will soon arrive.

No worries. All we need is time. Maybe tomorrow you wake up and rafa hands you - JOAQUIN. Whoa!
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:00 pm

desperado0831 wrote:No worries. All we need is time. Maybe tomorrow you wake up and rafa hands you - JOAQUIN. Whoa!

wow! :(  :wwww what a dream that would be! pity it could never happen  :(
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:00 pm

I really think that some of these supporters want to start looking for another club - As you've seen from the Owen/Gerrard transfer fiascos - you're either with Raffa or against him.
I think Raffa is a bloody sight more important to LFC than the moaning part timers on this site
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:54 pm

JBG wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:....from a not too happy fan!

New season is Dawning, players back in training , games coming up, but of the signings so far...... Im disapointed on the whole.

We Signed Zenden on a free, so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.
Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me, as I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper. ok he makes an odd mistake, but not that many. If Reina makes :censored: ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great! sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Apart from that, the same squad, that lost about 10 away games last season. We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

Rafa said, they as individuals are the best keeper in spain, the best player in Chile to the press. that is a bold statement, and needs to be backed up on the pitch.

2/3 new players coming soon? according to rafa, the susepense is killing me. Please no more spanish second divison players.
Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

C'mon Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many factual errors in that statement that its hard to take seriously.

Not a happy fan? We're European Champions!  :rasp

JBG , please correct me on my factual errors! !

yes we are european champions, but it defys belief!

I bet you were Bawling your eyeballs out at halfitme when we were 3-0 diwn, Stevie having a shocker of a game, and thinking it could have been 5 or 6-0 !

a bit comes down to luck.

my original post was 100% corrrect and factual.
65-1114725958

Postby JBG » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:08 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:
JBG wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:....from a not too happy fan!

New season is Dawning, players back in training , games coming up, but of the signings so far...... Im disapointed on the whole.

We Signed Zenden on a free, so how come Boro didn't offer him a new contract? if he's the "fans " player of the season.
Might have been craking at Barca, he may or may not turn it on at Anfield.

Reina - waste of 8m if you ask me, as I think Dudek is a very good goalkeeper. ok he makes an odd mistake, but not that many. If Reina makes :censored: ups next season, you all gonna demand his head?

Gonzales- Signed a second division spanish dood on a 1 year loan, but he's injured until half the loan has expired! great! sounds like Nunez signing all over again.

That new defender, cant think of his name, but an unknown quantity, an not sure how many first team run outs he will get.

Apart from that, the same squad, that lost about 10 away games last season. We need more, top class signings. as the european champions. Signings to inspire the fans, the worlds best players if we want to close the gulf at the top of the premiership.

Rafa said, they as individuals are the best keeper in spain, the best player in Chile to the press. that is a bold statement, and needs to be backed up on the pitch.

2/3 new players coming soon? according to rafa, the susepense is killing me. Please no more spanish second divison players.
Im gonna go to a lot of home games this season and I wanna be impressed! one touch passing , posession, and class, and goals!

C'mon Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many factual errors in that statement that its hard to take seriously.

Not a happy fan? We're European Champions!  :rasp

JBG , please correct me on my factual errors! !

yes we are european champions, but it defys belief!

I bet you were Bawling your eyeballs out at halfitme when we were 3-0 diwn, Stevie having a shocker of a game, and thinking it could have been 5 or 6-0 !

a bit comes down to luck.

my original post was 100% corrrect and factual.

100% factual?

For a start, Gonzalez is Chilean, not Spanish.

It went downhill after there.

I don't think you are a Liverpool supporter, not a real one anyways.

I second what John Bull said above.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:09 am

Woof Woof, keep your mouth shut! The reason I could'nt remember this guys name is, because nobody has ever heard of him until the press reported he was signing for us! So none of you know how good he actually is.
You To**ers!

As for the name calling etc, save that for when you are on the terraces next season cause you may need your hatefull words then.

No one in this foirum can say we were great last season, even though winning then CL. CAuse I thought we were poor overall.

Stevie G, should have been sold in my book. 32m worth of sulking when you dont know whether you want to stay or go is taking the p*ss.
Just sell anayway, this guy aint fecking GOD! although he thinkks he is.
65-1114725958

Postby Garymac » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:10 am

haha JBG you are to good to get in a argument with this cu*t
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:12 am

Skysport is reporting that Liverpool has just signed Mohamed Sissoko the Valencia midfielder. Apparently Everton were to sign him on Monday...Rafa looks as though he has beaten them to it. This could be a good signing as Rafa spotted him a few years ago and bought him from Auxerre to Valencia. Sissoko is expected to sign a four year deal early next week.

The other news is that the Crouch pursuit looks to be dead in the water...thank heavens!!  :p

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion