NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 pm wrote:No it won’t. As I said all the while FSG are in English football the other clubs won’t be able to relax, they’ve tried 2 coups in the last 12 months already and they are shamelessly hanging on now when anyone with any dignity would have resigned Tuesday night because they see this club as their golden ticket to the Asian market.
Its not just the other 16 clubs they have pi$$ed off it’s Sky, Sky were openly using phrases like it’s a battle for the soul of football about getting our owners out, let me repeat that Sky were openly talking about needing to get rid of our owners for the good of the game, good of their wallets more like but with this proposed super league move FSG instantly made enemies of Sky as well. There’s huge money at stake here and our owners have made themselves a lot of powerful enemies within the game. I’m telling you now they won’t be welcomed back, people may shake their hand but they won’t trust them an inch. With the type of money on the line no way will this be forgotten, you’re fvc.king kidding yourself. John Henry tried to pretty much stitch up the whole of English football, he tried to take away the goose that lays the golden egg.

Resign ? They own the club ffs - they aren’t employees

Sky ?! Seriously - the only thing they cared about what losing the money the big clubs brought to the table - sky started all this off 30 years - and that’s the same sky that wanted to charge £20 a game PPV or did you forget that

There is huge money at stake -what they all know is those big 6 bring in the huge money
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:24 pm

I’m not arguing on behalf of Sky, I’m saying to you you’re fvc.king kidding yourself if you think this will blow over. There’s hundreds of billions at stake and there’s a hell of a lot of people within and around English football who make a fantastic living out of the premier league and English game in general. John Henry and Kroenke et al tried to ruin their cushy little number. Why do you think the backlash was so vociferous. No way will this blow over, things will calm down obviously but this will never be forgotten by those who nearly saw their cash cow torn away.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:At that time I was serving with the military in Kosovo actually and the proposal wasn’t much different - it was closed shop of European competition designed at that time to replace the UEFA competitions - some teams would be founding members and play in each year with others invited to join - there would be no qualifying from leagues - does it sound similar? Are that naive to not see that this has been bubbling around for years - the big clubs wanting a big share of the pie because they bring in the bigger audiences

Are that clueless about modern football to not see that every single owner past future and present would have jumped in with it - our previous owners were part of it in the past , if it wasn’t FSG then it would be whoever owned

Welcome to modern business of football - it’s disgusting but that’s the sport and it’s not going to change , you can either be on the train or be left behind

All then outrage for the likes of Sky , UEFA , FIFA was for one reason only - the thought that their money train was going to out the door - all this faux outrage from them as if they were worried about the integrity of the game - complete ***** - where were they when they wanted ro start charging fans PPV games ? What about when they were given the World Cup to Qatar

The whole sport is full of corruption , from clubs to agents to governing bodies

They all did this for a reason to show UEFA and what a surprise UEFA are already looking at their proposed changes

Have you even bothered to look at that and see how that’s a step towards keeping the CL for the big boys - I bet you haven’t.

Football is a mess and it’s been a mess for 30 years , and it’s going to get messier - people sit there demanding the owners spend this and that but when the owners look at ways to bring in money they scream their heads. Only look at social media now - the likes of

Being in Mbappe or Haaland and all with forgiven
Give the manager £150mil and we will let them off

Modern football - modern fans

Modern fans is apt because you come across as one of them.

You acknowledge the problems in the game but you pour scorn on anyone who wants to see a change. You defend the owners constantly on here to the ridiculous tune of 99.5% of any posts you make. Anyone says anything about John and in you come with erection in hand to defend him. It's not just on this forum either mate now is it.  You slag and belittle fellow fans for wanting to see one of the biggest clubs in the world access some of the biggest players like they have no right to expect that or dream that it will happen.

So rather than actually advocate a change to all the greed and corruption and the inevitable change that you say will come you would rather stick it to fellow fans.  You complain about UEFA like they are the very definition of Evil but know fine well it's the 12 clubs pulling the strings and UEFA falling into line.  Why do sky etc charge through the nose ?. Do you think it could be because said clubs keep looking for more money?. Our lot have shown exactly how fooking low they would stoop to rape the club and game on more than one occasion but that's justified because all the rest are just as greedy.

When this hypothetical ESL train is pulling out of the station you will be on it all kitted out with flag in hand. You will fit quite well on the plastic seat anyway and if some fans should want to run and catch the train before it's gone dont be a sneak and at least help a few get on.

You let on that you are a super supporter but I see through you. Supporting a greedy owner to get as much as they can from the game is everything a liverpool fan should stand against.  You still cant tell the difference between conversations about a super league and actually drawing up fooking contracts and signing them.

I really hope john and CO never get their way so your plastic hole never gets on that train.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:38 pm

What change do you think can actually happen ? The governing bodies aren’t going to change anything that ruins their income - change won’t happen , it’s gone beyond that
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:24 pm wrote:I’m not arguing on behalf of Sky, I’m saying to you you’re fvc.king kidding yourself if you think this will blow over. There’s hundreds of billions at stake and there’s a hell of a lot of people within and around English football who make a fantastic living out of the premier league and English game in general. John Henry and Kroenke et al tried to ruin their cushy little number. Why do you think the backlash was so vociferous. No way will this blow over, things will calm down obviously but this will never be forgotten by those who nearly saw their cash cow torn away.

You do know that the plan was for clubs to get more money than what they get from UEFA - UEFA could have still run their comps , the clubs were still playing in the donestic leagues - there intention it seems was to go at UEFA
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:At that time I was serving with the military in Kosovo actually and the proposal wasn’t much different - it was closed shop of European competition designed at that time to replace the UEFA competitions - some teams would be founding members and play in each year with others invited to join - there would be no qualifying from leagues - does it sound similar? Are that naive to not see that this has been bubbling around for years - the big clubs wanting a big share of the pie because they bring in the bigger audiences

Are that clueless about modern football to not see that every single owner past future and present would have jumped in with it - our previous owners were part of it in the past , if it wasn’t FSG then it would be whoever owned

Welcome to modern business of football - it’s disgusting but that’s the sport and it’s not going to change , you can either be on the train or be left behind

All then outrage for the likes of Sky , UEFA , FIFA was for one reason only - the thought that their money train was going to out the door - all this faux outrage from them as if they were worried about the integrity of the game - complete ***** - where were they when they wanted ro start charging fans PPV games ? What about when they were given the World Cup to Qatar

The whole sport is full of corruption , from clubs to agents to governing bodies

They all did this for a reason to show UEFA and what a surprise UEFA are already looking at their proposed changes

Have you even bothered to look at that and see how that’s a step towards keeping the CL for the big boys - I bet you haven’t.

Football is a mess and it’s been a mess for 30 years , and it’s going to get messier - people sit there demanding the owners spend this and that but when the owners look at ways to bring in money they scream their heads. Only look at social media now - the likes of

You acknowledge the problems in the game but you pour scorn on anyone who wants to see a change. You defend the owners constantly on here to the ridiculous tune of 99.5% of any posts you make. Anyone says anything about John and in you come with erection in hand to defend him. It's not just on this forum either mate now is it.  You slag and belittle fellow fans for wanting to see one of the biggest clubs in the world access some of the biggest players like they have no right to expect that or dream that it will happen.

So rather than actually advocate a change to all the greed and corruption and the inevitable change that you say will come you would rather stick it to fellow fans.  You complain about UEFA like they are the very definition of Evil but know fine well it's the 12 clubs pulling the strings and UEFA falling into line.  Why do sky etc charge through the nose ?. Do you think it could be because said clubs keep looking for more money?. Our lot have shown exactly how fooking low they would stoop to rape the club and game on more than one occasion but that's justified because all the rest are just as greedy.

When this hypothetical ESL train is pulling out of the station you will be on it all kitted out with flag in hand. You will fit quite well on the plastic seat anyway and if some fans should want to run and catch the train before it's gone dont be a sneak and at least help a few get on.

You let on that you are a super supporter but I see through you. Supporting a greedy owner to get as much as they can from the game is everything a liverpool fan should stand against.  You still cant tell the difference between conversations about a super league and actually drawing up fooking contracts and signing them.

I really hope john and CO never get their way so your plastic hole never gets on that train.

Can you tell me how fans expect the club to pay for the best players in the world then ?

Where do the funds come from for the club to spend £150mil plus on a player and give them £500k a week

People expect their clubs to spend spend spend and don’t appear to care where the money comes from - oh that’s it they expect it to come from the pockets of the owners and when the owners don’t spend like oil billionaires the toys go flying out of the cot

Out owners have ***** up a number of times , I remember walking out during a game because of their actions

But then I’m not blind to the fact 11 years ago we were 17th , out of Europe , £200mil in debt , controlled by a bank , shockingly poor team and not many people crawling over each other to buy us out

11 years down the line the club is it a level better than at any other time in the past 30 years , for all the Sh*t choices they make they are also at the front of getting us back to where we belong.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:38 pm wrote:What change do you think can actually happen ? The governing bodies aren’t going to change anything that ruins their income - change won’t happen , it’s gone beyond that

The question is would you support any change ?. I know I would.

You are just going along with everything like this is the way it has to be, a forgone conclusion or something when it is far from it.
I dont have the power or indeed the solution to this but you hardly expected me to say I had now did you.  What I do believe is that the platform for change has now presented itself and as many people as possible should get behind it. Independent regulators with no affiliation to the clubs would be a good place to start dont you think ? .

There is enough fan groups throughout the leagues that can campaign for change and if they unite then that voice will be loud. Loud enough to enact the change that every club minus the 6 wants.

Had they of got this through, do you for one second actually believe them and their cronies would do a better job of supporting the lower leagues than UEFA currently do?.  Do you think they would also respect the premier league by fielding their strongest side in it every week? . They would give every concession they could to get what they want but once they get it it wont be long before they take it back again.

Asking the Clubs or the governing bodies to regulate themselves comes in the form of FFP which has done absolutely fooking nothing but protect the interests of the top clubs who more than likely forced UEFA into it so they can eliminate competition. Rules to prevent a club from getting into debt but does not a single thing to tackle the ones already in debt. Proper financial fair play would see the like of Barca, Real and united banned from european competition until they reduce their debts.

These 6 owners need to be taken to task now before they ruin the game in England and along with their cronies, across Europe as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:30 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:17 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:38 pm wrote:What change do you think can actually happen ? The governing bodies aren’t going to change anything that ruins their income - change won’t happen , it’s gone beyond that

The question is would you support any change ?. I know I would.

You are just going along with everything like this is the way it has to be, a forgone conclusion or something when it is far from it.
I dont have the power or indeed the solution to this but you hardly expected me to say I had now did you.  What I do believe is that the platform for change has now presented itself and as many people as possible should get behind it. Independent regulators with no affiliation to the clubs would be a good place to start dont you think ? .

There is enough fan groups throughout the leagues that can campaign for change and if they unite then that voice will be loud. Loud enough to enact the change that every club minus the 6 wants.

Had they of got this through, do you for one second actually believe them and their cronies would do a better job of supporting the lower leagues than UEFA currently do?.  Do you think they would also respect the premier league by fielding their strongest side in it every week? . They would give every concession they could to get what they want but once they get it it wont be long before they take it back again.

Asking the Clubs or the governing bodies to regulate themselves comes in the form of FFP which has done absolutely fooking nothing but protect the interests of the top clubs who more than likely forced UEFA into it so they can eliminate competition. Rules to prevent a club from getting into debt but does not a single thing to tackle the ones already in debt. Proper financial fair play would see the like of Barca, Real and united banned from european competition until they reduce their debts.

These 6 owners need to be taken to task now before they ruin the game in England and along with their cronies, across Europe as well.

Loved to see things change but it’s near impossible to change things now - just look at UEFA latest “improvements” to the CL - who is going to stop them ?  No one .

The minute City got away with their financial cheating was the day it should have dawned that the power is with them , the only language they all understand is money

We could all stop going to the games but someone will take our place - we can stop buying merchandise but globally people hoover up shirts

The richest teams have been the ones at the top for the past 30 years and even when we went through the 70’s and 80’s we had the cushion of the pools money

Even the German model is a mess for many clubs - it suits the biggest and richest once again

Just look at Madrid and Barcelona - pair of them millions in debt but local governments help them out

It’s not an even playing field and won’t ever will be

We just have to hope we keep find the rough diamonds and the genuis managers to surprise them. But even then the owners know they need to find ways to bring in more money

But I will sign anything or support anything that will change the game because it’s getting close to the day I stop bothering
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 pm wrote:

Can you tell me how fans expect the club to pay for the best players in the world then ?

Where do the funds come from for the club to spend £150mil plus on a player and give them £500k a week

People expect their clubs to spend spend spend and don’t appear to care where the money comes from - oh that’s it they expect it to come from the pockets of the owners and when the owners don’t spend like oil billionaires the toys go flying out of the cot

Out owners have ***** up a number of times , I remember walking out during a game because of their actions

But then I’m not blind to the fact 11 years ago we were 17th , out of Europe , £200mil in debt , controlled by a bank , shockingly poor team and not many people crawling over each other to buy us out

11 years down the line the club is it a level better than at any other time in the past 30 years , for all the Sh*t choices they make they are also at the front of getting us back to where we belong.

Through proper regulation, salary caps, wage caps etc. If this was brought in across the league then problem solved. But they will go to the biggest clubs in Europe instead  :laugh: do you not think if there was a salary cap here the other 3 big clubs in europe wouldnt follow ?. Of course they would because after all wasnt those european clubs accusing the premier league of creating it in the first place by paying ridiculous money to players and their agents.

I dont want the club to be up to its neck in debt and be taken over by a bank but that situation arose because of the global crunch in 08. They didnt have the money to pay their loans and the bank wouldnt accept any more credit. They watered down their position evety time they struck a new deal and lost control in the end. Had they the money to make the payment the bank couldn't have touched them and they would still be here.

The difference between you and me is that I believe we make enough money. Certainly enough to sign better quality players than we do. At the very least enough money that we wouldnt lose a player because the club wouldnt accept the payment terms.
These people employ the best legal and financial they can in order to find ways of reducing the profits. 2 years ago you were insisting they take absolutely nothing out but now concede that they get wages. How much are they paying themselves ? Would it be enough to swallow up any potential profit ?. You know like let's say 30 mil a year on stadium depreciation when you spend nothing to maintain it( like the Glazers). Or dont forget the consultancy fees john is owed for the few phone calls. Do you really think Le Bron got pictured in that jersey for free. How much do you think the club is in debt to them for ? I remember reading a figure a lot higher than I seen you posting elsewhere.

How is the club in the best place in 30 years ?. We still cant compete consistently, still cant afford the top players or pay the top wages. We dont have cash in the bank but we have fantastic owners who are 10 years into running the club the right way and will not defer even slightly from that plan. How is having no money now any different from having no money 30 years ago?. At least the others have the excuse of not having the access to the revenues that this lot have. 

Surely you arent naive enough to believe that they are so honest and not the parasitic leeches that they come across as and have shown themselves to be.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:20 pm

1. Salary caps - never going to happen

2. All the finances and what they earn is available to all in public accounts - all the outgoing and income is there in black and white with the HMRC , unless you think they are falsified

3. Wages - isn’t our wage bill now in the top 5 in football

4. Players - have we not spent more on players in the past  5 years than at any other time including breaking transfer record for the club , CB and GK . Or do you expect us to challenge the likes of PSG for Mbappe and Co ?

5. Have we not consistently challenged over the past 3/4 years - CL finals , CL win ,Title challenge and then win - when did we do that over the past 30 years ?

What club has “cash” in the bank ? What exactly is that supposed to mean . Do we have a brand new stadium to sit in ? New training facilities?

You must be the first person who is looking to find some way to excuse Hicks and Gillette
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Just watched an interview with Melissa Ready and she made a great point about that legacy fans comment, as she said what a disrespectful way to talk about the people who have given these football clubs a soul. Every football club is different with its own culture, songs, flags, banners etc with the fan culture often reflecting the communities these clubs sprang from. As she also said it’s often this culture created by ‘legacy fans’ which attracts these new fans in Asia to clubs in the first place.
It’s not as if FSG have been here 5 minutes, they have been here over a decade yet that’s what they thought of our songs, banners, flags, culture and indeed us ourselves as fans - expendable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 am

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:1. Salary caps - never going to happen

2. All the finances and what they earn is available to all in public accounts - all the outgoing and income is there in black and white with the HMRC , unless you think they are falsified

3. Wages - isn’t our wage bill now in the top 5 in football

4. Players - have we not spent more on players in the past  5 years than at any other time including breaking transfer record for the club , CB and GK . Or do you expect us to challenge the likes of PSG for Mbappe and Co ?

5. Have we not consistently challenged over the past 3/4 years - CL finals , CL win ,Title challenge and then win - when did we do that over the past 30 years ?

What club has “cash” in the bank ? What exactly is that supposed to mean . Do we have a brand new stadium to sit in ? New training facilities?

You must be the first person who is looking to find some way to excuse Hicks and Gillette

1- why not ? Because the big 6 dont want it?  do they not want a level playing field or is that just the spiel they keep putting out ?

2- Are you trying to say I am accusing them of stealing ? is that really where you are trying to go with this. I think they employ people that find loopholes is what I said. I base that off the fact that every other company does it especially the American ones.

3-   :laugh:  you are full of Sh*t mate. This is a team that wont pay top money for players and wont pay top wages. No one gets a lucrative deal here till they earn it hence why every single player that signs for us gets a new deal after a year. The squad is littered with academy players who get paid fook all.  The wage bill is heavilly incentivised for all the players so to get the maximum they have to hit targets. Phillip Coutinhos wages are still on the books because of the amortization and he isnt even here. We have one fooking player on 200k and about 6 more on between 100 to 150k.  If this squad has the 5th highest wage in football then it just proves that they havent a clue what they are at or really understand their own policies they set out in the first place.

4-  :laugh: Have we not sold players for record fees which in turn provided the money to break the clubs record in signing a GK and CH ?. Neither of those players would be here if it didnt come off the sale of coutinho. How many transfer windows in the last 5 years where we didnt spend because we had no one to sell. Maybe this is why we are going cap in hand looking for clubs to accept payment over an eternity.

5- You ignorant Dick.  Do you really think this clubs success is measured in the last 10 years since John came in and you decided to be a fan?.  If I have to point out what we have won in the last 30 years or the amount of times we challenged to you then you are even more plastic than I thought.
Cash in the bank means a business is doing well. Surely that much is obvious. Is it really that much to expect owners who run a business a set way from day one to have something after 10 years.
Building a new stand was more in their interest because its mostly corporate and you want to praise them for that. Its a way of increasing revenues and with a fan base like ours they did the minimum.

Looking to excuse Hicks and Gillette because I pointed out a reason as to why they lost the club  :laugh: Lame attempt mate. They were carpet baggers the same title thats been levelled at the current owners and for good reason.
You always try your best mate and I really hope John appreciates it come bonus time. You should also change your moniker to loop the loop because thats all conversing with you is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:25 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:20 pm wrote:At that time I was serving with the military in Kosovo actually and the proposal wasn’t much different - it was closed shop of European competition designed at that time to replace the UEFA competitions - some teams would be founding members and play in each year with others invited to join - there would be no qualifying from leagues - does it sound similar? Are that naive to not see that this has been bubbling around for years - the big clubs wanting a big share of the pie because they bring in the bigger audiences

Unfortunately most of this is true, additionally we complain about how football has become about greed but we fail to acknowledge that the world has become about greed and greed in football is just a side effect, we will never control greed in football as long as the world is what it is.

Remember the Cold War? It pitted two ideologies capitalism and communism/socialism. Communist said that if the west won, the world will become all about greed, corruption and crime. The west countered that if communism won, innovation, freedom and the rights and tools to excel would be lost.Times have changed and the pendulum is clearly over by blatant capitalism/corruption/greed (I know I am over simplifying things), football now is no different sadly.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:23 am

Maybe we should be thanking the owners after all, the government are saying they will 100% bring in legislation to stop this type of thing happening again and this 50+1 idea is the front runner, it’s even getting lots of support from right wing tory MPs.
As they say 50+1 wouldn’t necessarily level up the playing field or stop one team dominating but what it would do is make radical structural change to the league a long drawn out and difficult process. Everyone would have to be on board, all stakeholders in the game. No more overnight coups like last Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:16 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... s-12284542

Still can't believe we were going to sell our soul to this lot.

Josh Kroenke has admitted the clubs did pay to enter this league but not the amount reported (8mil). He also said they have no intention of selling.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -from-dead

Apparently City was the club in England hesitating.  Perez labelled the Chelsea fans who showed up outside the ground Stooges  :laugh:  These people want to take our clubs purely for their own greed and have absolutely no respect or consideration for the fan. He is even trying to claim the owners arent in it for money, it's because they love sport  :laugh:  He also claims no club can afford players like Haaland or mbappe without this league. When put to him then that real wont be signing them he replies with I didnt say that.  :laugh:

If we dont get change now this league will become a reality next time they push it through which wont be to long.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion