NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:09 pm

There is still a huge difference, The direction might be the same but these swine were taking the game to a place there was no coming back, Taking out the competition element out of the game
is huge,,,
Last edited by Penguins on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:09 pm

We wont get rid of the owners as they have themselves in a position where only a few could afford to buy them out. This isnt about getting them out anyway but forcing through change to how the whole lot of it is run and taking the power away from a minority to ensure it never happens again. You wont overturn UEFA unless all the fans across the federations unite but there is certainly enough momentum here at the moment to force through changes. If it was successful here then the rest would follow.

Start with the agents, this is why transfer fees and wages are so high. They are a stain on the game. Players do need representation for contracts etc but stop them from acting the way they do. Put a limit on the fees they can make from a deal. That situation where pogba agent pocketed over 40 mil from his move should never be allowed to happen again

Wages. Put a salary cap on it full stop. Across the board with all clubs. Doesnt matter what you earn or how big your fanbase is 2 or 300k a week is disgusting and a kick in the face to anyone getting up in the morning and has to go to work.  If every clubs wage bill was not allowed to exceed a set figure then players cant be paid disgusting amounts.

Regulate this to negate the power oil money and endless wealth has in the league. FFP should be abolished straight away because it's nothing but shyte designed to fool muppets into thinking they are trying to regulate themselves.  It does nothing but ensure certain clubs maintain the monopoly.

If any clubs owners really want a level playing field they would support such moves. If no club can pay that money then it wont be long before players adapt because if we wont pay it the likes of Real, Barca and PSG wont pay it either. Fans only want 300k a week players because the clubs that are winning the league have them.

If anything this has kicked up a Hornets nest and something can come of it if these 6 clubs are taken to task and proper regulation is enforced. That way fans should see some reduction in prices or at the very least no increase in what it costs to watch your team.

The league has become a capitalist free for all with no regard for where the money comes from. It doesn't matter at this stage who started it or made the most it's what they do now with the opportunity to enforce proper control  over it. At the end of the day we arent against paying to support our team just against the view of taking every penny of you they can to support your team at any chance they get.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:24 pm

This isn't about getting rid of the owners as that isn't happening.
It is about recognizing them for what they are. They are no saviours, not lovely people or somne other *****.
They are greedy billionaires and have been only interested in one thing since they came. It was a business opportunity and they got the club at a low price and is looking to cash in.
They could care less about the club or the game of footballnd and that is something to keep in mind in the future with this lot....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:34 pm

supersub » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:59 pm wrote:I'm just glad it's all over and we can go back to paying £50 a ticket , not having to take any sons or daughters, not being able to pay high subscriptions to watch games at home, not being able to get a cup final ticket for face value and making sure our players ,wether good , bad or indifferent, are paid their exorbitant wages.....hopefully UEFA will decide to take their heads out the pig trough and make everything fair and equal for the teams and fans and VAR gets f****d off and FFP is re-introduced and adhered too and we get saturday afternoon footy back....and European football returns to BBC or ITV .....and silk scarves are brought back so we can tie then around our wrists ........

Watch this interview with Arsene Wenger, he makes some very good points ref wages and VAR etc.... note it was 2 months ago. The Super League will hopefully cause the FA / UEFA to take this forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7uq4hq ... beINSPORTS
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Thanks for that Reg. Always worth listening to Wenger and we could do with more people like him working for FIFA, UEFA, Premier League, etc.

Football is in desperate need of governance reform but I just don't see who is going to lead it. FIFA and UEFA are rotten to the core. It was only a few years ago FIFA were raided by the FBI. UEFA give more tickets to the their finals to corporates then fans and were happy to give in to Man City when they broke financial fair play rules.

And clubs just spend too much on transfer fees, agent fees, signing on fees and wages. Football needs to find a way to ensure these are all linked to a sensible proposition of revenue, maybe 50%, while keeping competition alive. It needs a big top down reform with all parties involved but I don't think there is chance it will happen.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Regardless of FSG’s ***** ups, and let’s face it the latest one is legendary,  we are probably still in a much healthier financial position than we have been for a very long time. Only a complete idiot would fail to recognise that FSG have done some very good work. The Moores family did not have the resources to take the club forward. H & G simply failed miserably. I’m certainly not happy with FSG’s incredibly naive and arrogant behaviour with regards to the ESL. They have clearly caused themselves a massive trust problem with the fans. Having said that what is the alternative and would it be any better? This is simply a case of be careful what you wish for.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:39 pm

I wouldnt be so sure we are in as healthy a financial position as some people think.
We had to go and find a club willing to accept payment over 5 years last summer and didnt seem to have the money to bring in Davies or Kabak in January without loaning another player to pay for it.

That to me looks like a business struggling to make ends meet.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Eagle » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:14 am wrote:Football is in desperate need of governance reform but I just don't see who is going to lead it. FIFA and UEFA are rotten to the core. It was only a few years ago FIFA were raided by the FBI. UEFA give more tickets to the their finals to corporates then fans and were happy to give in to Man City when they broke financial fair play rules.

This is the biggest concern of all, who regulates the regulators?  FIFA and Uefa's legendary corruption is a free signal for clubs to break the rules, rape and pillage. What Man U and Liverpool did this week amounts to white collar crime and John Henry posts a video on youTube saying 'Sorry' and their attempted smash and grab is forgiven.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Sky are saying that we, United and Arsenal were the ringleaders behind this. Can’t believe they haven’t put the club up for sale tbh, I can’t see how they can continue as owners of this club. Who is going to believe a word they say? If you were the Everton or Leicester or Southampton chairman would you trust them not to pull a similar stunt again?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:24 pm

Any regulators would have to be independent of any of the football clubs or controlling organisations. That is the only way it would work.

The other clubs in the prem Yakka are obviously afraid of them. All they do is accuse them of bullying but dont band together to tackle them.

Anyway the new CL format sneaks in under the radar and it's just as bad. Extra games the managers and players can moan about having to play but more money for the clubs.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:52 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 pm wrote:
eds » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:54 am wrote:It's alright everyone lets forgive and forget.

Henry has so much courage coming out and apologising for his actions. Lion heart, truly a man of the ages, one that we should all look up and aspire to be.

He is taking full responsibility, don't you know, for everything, absolutely everything. What more is there to say.

The confidence in FSG is back, they are here to stay and will protect the sanctimony of our club, its traditions, the fans, our coach and players. Such a good, good man. A decent man....................... [social media bot breaks down at this point]

CRY ME A FU.CK.ING RIVER, PEOPLE ARE SO SO STUPID TO KEEP FALLING FOR THIS GARBAGE.  :no  :no  :no  :no  :no

So whats your big plan then? What are you suggesting? The owners sell up? Who to? Who is going to pay the money they'll want to sell out? They've apologised and that's that.

Dry your eyes and move on Karen.

Ah the old simpleton argument of 'but there is no one better' so let's stick with these pack of lying cun.ts.

I'm surprised you didn't add the racist cr.ap I have been reading about on other forums like "It could be worse we could fall into the hands of the Chinese or Arabs", because you know white men billionaires are so much more trustworthy then these other regimes.........  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Reg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:08 pm wrote:
Eagle » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:14 am wrote:Football is in desperate need of governance reform but I just don't see who is going to lead it. FIFA and UEFA are rotten to the core. It was only a few years ago FIFA were raided by the FBI. UEFA give more tickets to the their finals to corporates then fans and were happy to give in to Man City when they broke financial fair play rules.

This is the biggest concern of all, who regulates the regulators?  FIFA and Uefa's legendary corruption is a free signal for clubs to break the rules, rape and pillage. What Man U and Liverpool did this week amounts to white collar crime and John Henry posts a video on youTube saying 'Sorry' and their attempted smash and grab is forgiven.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.

But most of us aren't really surprised about this Reg we all know what they are. They are hear to make billions off the club, they don't give a sh.it about us or the sport.

The most shocking thing out of all this is that there are so many morons (some on here) willing to forgive them and move one, with some even having further delusions they will bring in players worth hundreds of millions to "account for this". Seriously its the way a five year old thinks......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:33 am

red till i die!! » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm wrote:Any regulators would have to be independent of any of the football clubs or controlling organisations. That is the only way it would work.

The other clubs in the prem Yakka are obviously afraid of them. All they do is accuse them of bullying but dont band together to tackle them.

Anyway the new CL format sneaks in under the radar and it's just as bad. Extra games the managers and players can moan about having to play but more money for the clubs.

It’s all starting to come out now mate. Sky and their famous sources are saying City and Chelsea joined this late and were expecting it to be a professionally run operation but they were shocked by how incompetent the whole thing was, when all the negative press started they were expecting a representative of somekind to hold a press conference to explain the breakaway clubs position and reassure people but all they got was a rambling incoherent half drunken bar-fly impression from Perez on a fringe late night tv show in Spain.
Sky said City and Chelsea realised pretty quickly that they’d made a terrible mistake. What made it worse was that they’d kept it secret from a lot of their own club executives and on Monday morning they all started streaming into the club saying what the hell are you doing, have you lost your marbles etc which made the owners feel even worse.
They were pointing the finger at our mob as well as the Glasers and Kronke as being the ringleaders behind this. Sky said they fear they will try again but next time they’ll have a more well oiled operation in place, When I say well oiled I mean like a machine running smoothly, I don’t mean like Perez’s half pi$$ed golf club bore impression on late night Spanish tv.
Apparently John Henry has his fingerprints all over that failed ‘project big picture’ fiasco a while back as well so in effect this is FSG’s second coup attempt within 12 months, Sky were saying this is a battle for the soul of the game, looks like they are trying to rile our fans up to get the owners out to me.
Don’t know what to think anymore, our owners are obviously carpetbaggers just like the last lot of yanks we had, they deffo were out to ruin the English game which is crossing the Rubicon imo, don’t want to become pawns of Sky though either. Heads wrecked with it all tbh, just a few months ago I was calling for the club to put a statue of John Henry up next to the Shankly one outside Anfield, now it turns out he’s been behind more coups than that Irish nutter who was always in the news in the 60’s and 70’s, the Wild Geese fella, Mad Mike or whatever his name was.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:24 am

Not surprised at all that we are one of the ringleaders in this. Both apologies by Glazer and Henry were pathetic and laughable. After 10 and 15 years of ownership they come out with that  :laugh:
That CL deal that was signed runs from 24 till 33 so expect the same shenanigans then. This attempt was years in the making and a full on power grab for the lot.

They want to boot Werner off the premier league board  :laugh:  He is every bit as bad as Henry imo. A total buffoon of a man. We have the money to match anyone in football is as bad as a spade in the ground in 30 days.

Not a hope of getting them out either. Liverpool F.C is their best asset and they wont give it up. FSG will still exist long after Henry and Werner are gone. Both are in their 70's and Like Glazer did they could hand running of the business over to the kids.
Getting the other 2 out was completely different as the bank had them by the balls. Different situation here with this lot.

Mad Mike  :laugh: He was actually a British Dude!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:32 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion