NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:40 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:38 am wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fsg-bid-rejected-henry-23974917

Says the owners rejected 3 billion from the Middle East for the club. They bought the club for 300 million, that’s ten times their investment. They should give Klopp a very huge salary.

I think if FSG had been offered £3bil they would have sold. Forbes estimate we are worth around £2.8bil but even that's just a paper value which they'd unlikely get. They'd probably sell closer to £2bil.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Anyone paying £3bil clearly isn't a football fan, the numbers simply don't work. In fact we don't want someone to pay that because you know that once again we the fans are going to get fleeced to help them make a profit.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:46 pm

3 billion my hole. Not one shred of credibility in that mirror article. Mirror Sport can reveal what it wants but without a quote or source it's fake news. They think a bid originated in the middle east  :laugh:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

Came across this yesterday and if its accurate then it could explain why a few are off the boil.
Tsimikas, Davies and Kabak all earning more than Robbo  :laugh: . Salah gets 100k a week more than Mane while Firmino gets 80k more.  :oops: If that's not bad enough Keita and Ox get more than him as well. Curtis Jones on 7.5k  :lookaround .

I know their deals are incentivised but they would probably have to win stuff or hit personal bests to achieve them.  It just seems random who gets offered what and no way should a lad on loan and one that will never play for us be getting more than a lad who won a CL and PL with us.

Why would we give Davies a deal like that when he probably will be out of here in the summer ?.  A championship/league one defender and they put him on a wage like that.  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:39 pm wrote:Anyone paying £3bil clearly isn't a football fan, the numbers simply don't work. In fact we don't want someone to pay that because you know that once again we the fans are going to get fleeced to help them make a profit.

There is talk today of the lad who owns spotify along with a few ex players like Thierry Henry willing to purchase Arsenal.  Think the spotify lad is a fan.  If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be loving that prospect.

Just for being in the league you are guaranteed at least a few hundred million for showing up. That's without getting a penny out of the fans  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:24 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:53 am wrote:I'm not sure I buy all of this anti-american rhetoric.

European super league talk has been going on for 20 odd years. And back then Moore was all in favour of it. I think we'd have thrown our hat in the Super League ring regardless of who was in charge.

I'm also not in favour of running FSG out of town. They have done a lot of good for LFC and replacing them with morally dubious middle eastern owners would be a terrible thing, in my view.

The 6 clubs didn’t table a proposal on Sunday night for a European Super League where the pro’s, con’s and wider implications could be thoroughly debated and analysed, they announced a fait accompli, a done deal. It was in effect a hostile takeover of English football and it wasn’t even a takeover that had the best interests of the game at heart and we know this because the arrogant so and so’s had the temerity/bare face cheek to tell us so.
Even if you believe in the concept of a European Super League and I don’t, this certainly wasn’t the way to go about it. This proposal would have destroyed English football and European football with it, as Ozil said the reason why games against Barca and Real are special is because they are rare, no matter how special a thing is if it becomes the norm it loses its appeal, the same handful of clubs locked in a footballing Groundhog Day would have quickly had fans turning off.
The breakaway clubs didn’t sit there and think okay let’s start a new league but how can we do this and protect other area’s of the game, they went full scorched earth and these aren’t stupid people they knew exactly what they were doing, they probably calculated that domestic league’s and in particular the prem would be a rival to their new league and not just in terms of attracting fans but also advertising revenue and sponsorship money etc so they deliberate set out to fv.ck the prem up because let’s face it that’s what businesses do, they try to drive their rivals out of the marketplace,
6 people set out to ruin the English game and their lust for money would have ruined the world game within a decade as well because their super league would have quickly become boring. Apparently they were farsighted enough to understand this themselves and it’s rumoured that they were floating idea’s like reducing the length of games etc to try an keep people interested. They would have turned it into a farce, probably have cheerleaders and circus acts riding around the perimeter of the pitch standing on the back of horses and all sorts of tacky sh.1t.
They basically tried to ruin football to line their own pockets.

Good Post Yakka.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:17 am

I'm amazed that the Echo has resumed its normal service of non-stop made up BS linking us with Sancho, Mbappe etc... My belief in the club has been shaken to the core in the last week with the owners super league smash and grab and on the field by the teams inability to defend a lead yet again despite the dire need for points. We need to cut out the BS, return to respectful journalism and actions coming out of the club. The club needs to realise how badly they have screwed up and upset the long term fan base and demonstrate their remorse through actions, not words. No more loud talk, action on the field and off it. It's the only way to apologise.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:07 pm

In the last few years the Echo has become a rag fishing for clicks to rubbish content. That and the FSG propaganda machine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... 473228.amp

How our wage bill really compares to man citys  :laugh: All it says is it has increased from 310 mil to 325 mil and Citys is 351mil.  :oh:

Does anyone know what that figure includes. Just the squad ie: players, manager, coaches ?.  Or does it cover U.23, Academy etc.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:25 pm

The wage bill for Liverpool is covered in the house accounts - it’s the whole club including directors and casual staff etc

The latest accounts show the level of loss from Covid at around £40mil for just the first three months - expected another £80mil on top of that . The losses will be soaked up with the club and going to affect the transfers in the summer

We won’t be chasing the likes of Mbappe etc
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:The wage bill for Liverpool is covered in the house accounts - it’s the whole club including directors and casual staff etc

The latest accounts show the level of loss from Covid at around £40mil for just the first three months - expected another £80mil on top of that . The losses will be soaked up with the club and going to affect the transfers in the summer

We won’t be chasing the likes of Mbappe etc

Cheers, wasnt sure what that included.

We would never be chasing the likes of Mbappe or Haaland even if covid never came about. Think everyone pretty much knows that at this stage.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 am

The club won't even by a premiership player anymore unless they sell or pay in 10 year installments....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:08 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:11 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:50 pm

One thing we can now say for certain is we are not a selling club. The owners could have cashed in on a number of our top players and made hundreds of millions but they didn’t. Suarez and Coutinho both insisted on leaving but the rest of the players sold were less than what we had and were replaced with better.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:10 pm

We can also say they are not a buying club and will never spend money unless players are sold first....
And when the players get into their mid 30s there won't be 3-400 million to built up a new team.....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Penguins » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm wrote:We can also say they are not a buying club and will never spend money unless players are sold first....
And when the players get into their mid 30s there won't be 3-400 million to built up a new team.....

I suppose we will see
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion