NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:39 pm

Penguins » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm wrote:We can also say they are not a buying club and will never spend money unless players are sold first....
And when the players get into their mid 30s there won't be 3-400 million to built up a new team.....

I suppose we will see
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:41 am

Yes, we will....
And no, I'm not counting 30-40 million every summer on 5 year installments....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:58 pm

I have not posted here for ages, but what is happening? Does klopp not want players? or Are FSG hogging the cash?
The Raven

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:03 pm

The Raven » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:58 pm wrote:I have not posted here for ages, but what is happening? Does klopp not want players? or Are FSG hogging the cash?

More the latter I should imagine mate, can't see many managers not wanting new players. To be fair Covid must have hit not just us but all footy clubs revenue streams hard.
Welcome back btw.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:27 pm

The Raven » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:58 pm wrote:I have not posted here for ages, but what is happening? Does klopp not want players? or Are FSG hogging the cash?

Hogging what cash - the club made a loss of £40mil last accounts and it’s going to be a bit more last year so the club it seems aren’t willing to get loans to buy players like others are doing
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:40 am

The Raven » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:58 pm wrote:I have not posted here for ages, but what is happening? Does klopp not want players? or Are FSG hogging the cash?

That is THE PROBLEM. There is NO CASH!
Those idiots won't sell any players that would bring in real cash so they can't buy any.
With the model they're running you MUST sell players at 28-30 before their value plummet otherwise there will be little to spend.
Even a 3rd grader can grasp that concept and that was the ONLY reason the club could get Alisson, VVD etc when they sold Coutinho.
But have they learned? NO
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:00 am

Penguins » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:40 am wrote:

That is THE PROBLEM. There is NO CASH!
Those idiots won't sell any players that would bring in real cash so they can't buy any.
With the model they're running you MUST sell players at 28-30 before their value plummet otherwise there will be little to spend.
Even a 3rd grader can grasp that concept and that was the ONLY reason the club could get Alisson, VVD etc when they sold Coutinho.
But have they learned? NO

We didn’t get the likes of Mane , Salah , Gini , Jota , Fabinho , Konate , Robertson , Firmino by selling big players

It wasn’t long ago that people were throwing the toys out because we sold our best players

You don’t need to sell players to bring in players - the club needs to have a full season of commercial and match day income to give the manager decent budgets

Top players will only leave if they want too - club won’t sell them
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Once again the club's spokeperson speaks out again....

What is it that you don't get?

Without the 200+ million for Suarez and Coutinho there would be no VVD, Alisson, Fabinho etc.
And without the sale of a couple of Firmnho, Sane, Salah etc etc there will be no new big signings coming in.

You can try as much as you want, but there is no way you will be able to convince me "a full season of comercial and match day revenue" will all of a sudden mean that the club will spend big money.
IT WON'T HAPPEN!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Penguins » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:00 pm wrote:Once again the club's spokeperson speaks out again....

What is it that you don't get?

Without the 200+ million for Suarez and Coutinho there would be no VVD, Alisson, Fabinho etc.
And without the sale of a couple of Firmnho, Sane, Salah etc etc there will be no new big signings coming in.

You can try as much as you want, but there is no way you will be able to convince me "a full season of comercial and match day revenue" will all of a sudden mean the club will spend big money.
IT WON'T HAPPEN!

what does Suarez have to do with the current squad ? That money had nothing to do with buying the likes of Fabinho

Since Klopp arrived we have spent £550mil on players

Coutinho sale was £150mil

That’s £400mil spent on multiple players without selling players

And why we we have to spend “big money “

We have bought many players without spending big money
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:33 pm

It’s not about spending money, it’s about winning and we have been. We don’t have an old squad but some of our key players are aging but we don’t need an overhaul, just a couple of tweaks every year and we have been doing that. Corona has confused things but still, onwards and upwards. We are not City but the owners have been good to the club so far.

We are still an exceptional team but not necessarily an exceptional squad, I can live with that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:39 pm

To be fair a few of the youngsters and one or two of the fringe players have put their hands up recently which may have muddied the waters a bit, are the likes of Musialowski, Elliott, Gordon, Bradley etc ready to be fixtures in the first team? Of course not, but they are showing enough promise to make the club think twice about spending money it might not have to.
Musialowski in particular is being spoken of as a potential world star. I think the reason we didn't see him this pre season was yes he was injured but I also think the club are trying to protect him from the hype.
Plus players we may have written off like AOC, Naby and Tsimkas are showing signs that they might actually come good and are starting to genuinely push for a place in the starting XI on merit. AOC in particular looks in amazing shape, he's still only 27 and if the AOC of 2018 is back he literally would be like a new £100m signing.
Early days yet of course but you can see why the club may be thinking it might be worth holding our horses here for a minute.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:39 pm wrote:To be fair a few of the youngsters and one or two of the fringe players have put their hands up recently which may have muddied the waters a bit, are the likes of Musialowski, Elliott, Gordon, Bradley etc ready to be fixtures in the first team? Of course not, but they are showing enough promise to make the club think twice about spending money it might not have to.
Musialowski in particular is being spoken of as a potential world star. I think the reason we didn't see him this pre season was yes he was injured but I also think the club are trying to protect him from the hype.
Plus players we may have written off like AOC, Naby and Tsimkas are showing signs that they might actually come good and are starting to genuinely push for a place in the starting XI on merit. AOC in particular looks in amazing shape, he's still only 27 and if the AOC of 2018 is back he literally would be like a new £100m signing.
Early days yet of course but you can see why the club may be thinking it might be worth holding our horses here for a minute.

Spot on
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:08 pm

I disagree slightly, AOC is injury prone, it’s just a matter of time before he misses a big chunk of the season and loses his level. We need to use this time as a shop window and I think that last friendly was that. We need to sell Shaq, Origi, Minanino and AOC (we have too much invested in Keita to sell him and I do think he is a good player) as they should generate a good amount we can use for another top player. He’s in good form and we need to get as much as we can for him and same for the others.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:52 pm

We have a big squad so just piling up bodies makes no sense and making new signings just to give the fans an endorphin rush would be a negligent way to run the club. I think a lot of our fans underestimate the quality in our squad. Even with the worst injury crisis in recent history we finished 3rd in the league last year. I doubt many squads would have done what we did in the end. This is probably the best squad we’ve had since the start of the Premier League and I really think it’s about making slight adjustments and also leaving a pathway for some of our brilliant youngsters. There will be a time when the squad will need big changes as some of our brilliant players come towards the end of their careers but right now it’s a little early. Smart signings like Jota and Konate that are able to contribute right now but are also the future of the club are the right ones for us at the moment. But again, we can’t just stockpile these players and expect them to be happy sitting on the bench unless we have major injuries or until the senior players leave/retire.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion