Maybe le tallec has a future at liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:50 pm

Perrin hopeful on Le Tallec

Sochaux coach Alain Perrin has renewed optimism that he may be able to snare Anthony Le Tallec from Liverpool.

Perrin announced last week that the deal had fallen through due to complications, but he now believes that Reds boss Rafa Benitez will allow him to head out to Stade Bonal.

Benitez is looking to loan the French starlet out for the duration of the season, but first wants assurances that Le Tallec would play regularly.

Sochaux are struggling badly for attacking options, and Perrin has insisted that Le Tallec would be given a key role.

"Today I have just one experienced forward, Alvaro Santos," Perrin explained. "The others are all under 20.

"We must reinforce our attack.

"I will just have to show Benitez the list of my players to prove that Le Tallec would play regularly."

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....+Tallec

If this deal were just about getting him off the wage bill because we couldn’t find a permanent buyer for him, why would Rafa be so insistent that he should play first team football?

I remember last season Le Tallec saying that he made a mistake about asking to be loaned out because he never knew “Rafa was relying on him”. Basically it seemed Rafa rated him and saw some sort of future for him at Liverpool but he never knew this and made a bad first impression buy asking to go out on loan.

Maybe the plan is for him to go out and play a season of first team football in France and then fight for a first team spot next season. I don’t know really, but its interesting that Rafa is insisting that he will only let him go if he is guaranteed first team football.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 pm

interesting point.

I really don't think he will have a future at liverpool because of our midfield players we have right now. Maybe if Rafa decides to sell zenden next season Le Tallec may have a future at Liverpool and would give us necessary depth in the attacking side. He is a very talented player, but he has an attitude problem. Its up to Rafa too see if he does have a future and also its up to Le Tallec to work hard, change his attitude to impress Rafa.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:02 pm

I guess he could be kept here in the future to be used as a back up player but he wont be anything more, should really move on
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby ALONSO » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:05 pm

Has never impressed me but you can never be sure if he puts in the effort maybe he has got some real talent, I just haven't seen it. I rate FSP a lot more, think he could well have a bright future.
ALONSO

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:52 pm

From what I've seen, I think the lad can play.  Just my opinion. 

If he applied himself a little bit more, and changed his rather large attitude from being a selfish idiot to someone who realised what a gift he has and the fact he plays for the best team in the world, he might carve himself a career.

All's we've heard though is the fact he wants first team football.  He needs to earn it.  Arrogance might be an emotion he needs to rid himself of, and he may need to learn a bit about humility.

I'll be honest, Le tallec comes across as an arrogant tit.  I'd like him to have a successful career at Liverrpool though.  If it doesn't work out, it's fair enough, he hasn't exactly applied himself, but he will be remembered forever I suppose for his part in the build up for Luis Garcia's 25 yard strike against Juventus.
jonnymac1979

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:01 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:From what I've seen, I think the lad can play.  Just my opinion. 

If he applied himself a little bit more, and changed his rather large attitude from being a selfish idiot to someone who realised what a gift he has and the fact he plays for the best team in the world, he might carve himself a career.

All's we've heard though is the fact he wants first team football.  He needs to earn it.  Arrogance might be an emotion he needs to rid himself of, and he may need to learn a bit about humility.

I'll be honest, Le tallec comes across as an arrogant tit.  I'd like him to have a successful career at Liverrpool though.  If it doesn't work out, it's fair enough, he hasn't exactly applied himself, but he will be remembered forever I suppose for his part in the build up for Luis Garcia's 25 yard strike against Juventus.

agreed with you jonnymac
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:46 am

Cheers mate, I agree with me as well.  I'm off to bed. I've been drinking for the last four days.  I'm a sick bastard. :D
jonnymac1979

Postby jkop » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:34 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Cheers mate, I agree with me as well.  I'm off to bed. I've been drinking for the last four days.  I'm a sick bastard. :D

A man of your stature could go a week on drink enjoy your kip. :buttrock
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:54 pm

He hasn't done himself or the club justice with his screwed up attitude and arrogance.....
Pity really as he has the talent... Better applied he could've been a real star...

Needs a swift kick up the @rse IMO..... too much money too quickly and insufficient guidance and advise from the people round him I reckon. Either that or he's too damn thick....

Still..... it'll be a shame to let him go seeing as his abilities promised so much and all that untapped potential underneath it all....
ConnO'var

Postby jkop » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:16 pm

Le tallec should go we have enough quality players and i think he would find it hard to get a first team place. I think Rafa has his players and as we have seen he has been chopping and changing to get the perfect mix so i couldnt see a place for Le tallec. better of going to a team were he will get more first team good luck.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Astek » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:45 pm

HI!! I'm french and a fan of the french team Sochaux.
I come to see you to have more information about Le tallec because he seems to be about to sign in our team a loan with a option to buy him at the end of the season if we think is good enough...

Sochaux fans are quite worry about Le tallec quality and more about his state of mind.
For us, he seems to have a bad mind...

So can you give some informations about him?

PS : excuse me for my bad english, i hope you could unterstand me enough

EDIT: i forgot to say that Le talles will have to fight to have his place in the sochaux squad because we have already 3 players and 2 youngs from our football school. Moreover, it seems that we will have another new player with Le tallec
So we will have 7 players for 2 places
Last edited by Astek on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astek

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:48 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:From what I've seen, I think the lad can play.  Just my opinion. 

Spot on Jonny.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:51 pm

Astek wrote:HI!! I'm french and a fan of the french team Sochaux.
I come to see you to have more information about Le tallec because he seems to be about to sign in our team a loan with a option to buy him at the end of the season if we think is good enough...

Sochaux fans are quite worry about Le tallec quality and more about his state of mind.
For us, he seems to have a bad mind...

So can you give some informations about him?

PS : excuse me for my bad english, i hope you could unterstand me enough

Not sure we'll be much help, mate--we've barely seen him play either!  :D

To be fair, he did put in some decent performances during the 2005 run-in, after a poor loan spell at St. Etienne (if memory serves).  He was Sunderland's top scorer while on loan last season but believe when I tell you that's not saying much.  I think he may have scored five goals for them.

The consensus on him is that he has decent talent and could grow into quite a footballer.  There are huge question marks about his attitude, however.

I don't know anything about Souchaux but if you need a good linking striker and are prepared to gamble on the attitude, he might do a job for you.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:01 pm

He is still very young and will mature (as you do). From what I have seen he looks a decent player and worth the chance. This bad attitude thing is relative.

I say loan him out another year then give him a shot.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Astek » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:18 pm

thanks for your answers!!! :)
Astek

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion