The future is bright.....the future is red - Youth team success. highlights included

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1174245250 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:56 am

stoney wrote:
Ladeulcateg wrote:Ronaldo could be the best playin in the world right now if he cut the :censored: out of his game. He's got the ability to do the simple thing aswell as Ryan Giggs. If he could do that he'd be unplayable.

But he doesn't, so he isn't. Basically. :)

I

So are you saying the reason why Ronaldo isn't/cant be the best player in the world because he does stepovers to get players off balance and go past them? Sounds ridiculous that. Also I recall Zidane doing many stepovers in his time. Not as much as Ronaldo but he still done a few. Probably would have done more if he played on the wing all the time.

Ronaldo does step overs to get players off balance? :laugh: He stands there like a tit doing them then passes it or he often does it when theres a simple pass on. He doesn't have the brains play the simple pass like Giggs. He'd rather be a stupid fancy dan show pony.

Zidane used step overs alot differently. He done it at the right time to beat players. Not to show off. Zidane wasn't a show off he was an atist, he didn't do stupid things trying to be clever. He just done it and looked amazing and it very rarely if ever was to do show off. Everything he done had a reason behind it.

Ronaldo is a great player don't get me wrong but the cockyness and pointless step overs do my head in and take away from his game rather than add to it.

What impresses me is his run against Fulham that resulted in his goal. Direct, no :censored: or showing of. Just sheer class. What doesn't impress me is stopping the play to do stupid stepovers when a perfectly good five yard pass to an overlapping full back would be the better option. If he ever gets that right he could be the best player since Zidane.

If someone done that on the same pitch as me though, i'd kick them 20 feet in the air.
76-1174245250

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:07 am

Well done lads hopefully these players will do the same in the senior stage
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:18 am

Fantastic to see the youth in the final again, hopefully i can get to the match at anfield.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:23 am

Ladeulcateg wrote:
stoney wrote:
Ladeulcateg wrote:Ronaldo could be the best playin in the world right now if he cut the :censored: out of his game. He's got the ability to do the simple thing aswell as Ryan Giggs. If he could do that he'd be unplayable.

But he doesn't, so he isn't. Basically. :)

I

So are you saying the reason why Ronaldo isn't/cant be the best player in the world because he does stepovers to get players off balance and go past them? Sounds ridiculous that. Also I recall Zidane doing many stepovers in his time. Not as much as Ronaldo but he still done a few. Probably would have done more if he played on the wing all the time.

Ronaldo does step overs to get players off balance? :laugh: He stands there like a tit doing them then passes it or he often does it when theres a simple pass on. He doesn't have the brains play the simple pass like Giggs. He'd rather be a stupid fancy dan show pony.

Zidane used step overs alot differently. He done it at the right time to beat players. Not to show off. Zidane wasn't a show off he was an atist, he didn't do stupid things trying to be clever. He just done it and looked amazing and it very rarely if ever was to do show off. Everything he done had a reason behind it.

Ronaldo is a great player don't get me wrong but the cockyness and pointless step overs do my head in and take away from his game rather than add to it.

What impresses me is his run against Fulham that resulted in his goal. Direct, no :censored: or showing of. Just sheer class. What doesn't impress me is stopping the play to do stupid stepovers when a perfectly good five yard pass to an overlapping full back would be the better option. If he ever gets that right he could be the best player since Zidane.

If someone done that on the same pitch as me though, i'd kick them 20 feet in the air.

Ronaldo DOES do stepovers to get players off balance and beat them however I would agree that he also does the pointless stepovers too near th corner flag before then playing a 5 yard pass.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion