The future of liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sbs3em » Thu May 13, 2004 7:52 pm

What can i say, but as a liverpool supporter this year has hurt, due to the fact that we did not compete at all for the title but nevertheless im glad we clinched 4th spot and i believe we must stick with houllier. I believe he is and honest man who has respected by many in the european community who's football knowledge is immense and yet he is a man. He has made mistakes and he himself has acknowledged that but all liverpool supporters must support him as i believe it will all turn out good at the end. with this in mind i am glad to hear that they have rejected the proposed bid from morgan who i believe is simply hoping to be chairman in the future and who wants to get rid of houllier, he is in power trip and i believe we should stick with the current board and take the thai proposal, which itself has many benefits.

with champions league looming, money in our pockets and the likes of cisse (awesome) and mexes coming at the least next year will hopefully better but i believe we still need a right hand side midfielder to give us width as diouf has not been doing it yet (maybe in time though). Lets be optimistic, arsenal and man utd stuck with their managers for a long period of time before they actually started winning anything but houllier has already done much in five years and i believe will do even more, just give him time, he is no fool and i believe he is commited to the cause as anyone is, as liverpool fans we must stand with him not simply call lfor someone's head on something goes wrong. stay optimistic. we are LIVERPOOL FC after all!!!
sbs3em

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 13, 2004 7:56 pm

great post mate...

but...

We are in the 6th year of a 5 year plan...lol
As eveyone knows what i think, we will support him even if we dont agree, this is the last year he will have though unless something rpetty darned mad happens next season (id love it if ti did)
so we will cheer and scream and shout and laugh and everything else coz wearing the shirt means as much to us as it does to the players
walk on!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 13, 2004 8:11 pm

Fookin outstanding post, and your first post, I hope you post many more like it.

God Bless You.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 13, 2004 9:24 pm

for me the future looks a lot more optimistic than it did 3-4 weeks ago. after two lame performances against charlton and fulham it looked like it would be us who missed out on the champions league.

the summer now becomes the most important in liverpool's recent history. i hope the takeover bid is sorted out quickly and gerard houllier can then concentrate on improving the team for next year. i am almost certain that owen will sign a new contract aswell which would be great news.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 9:39 pm

What can i say ?
I've promised not to slag Foolier until the second week of next season. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!! Somebody STOP ME !
:D  :laugh:  'ere we are again 'appy as can be
all good friends and
stoned again  :p  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu May 13, 2004 9:42 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I've promised not to slag Foolier until the second week of next season. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!! Somebody STOP ME !

yeah wait till then. we'll officially be out of the title race by then anyway. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby THEBARON » Thu May 13, 2004 9:48 pm

Given that we have now secured 4th spot then it would appear that Houllier has secured his position.
We have to stop looking back at the last ****** 2 years and hope that he gets it right finally. Like a lot on this board I don't believe that he is the right person in charge but given that his position his secure  we have to accept it.
His dealings in the transfer market this summer will be crucial. Yes he has bought some melons in the past but he has also made some excellent signings as well. He should look at younger British talent rather than unproven expensive imports from the French league.
Equally as important he should get rid of much of the deadwood in the squad.
Steve Morgan was 100 percent spot on when he questioned the pasion and commitment of much of the squad.
This surely will be Houllier's last chance.........
THEBARON

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:18 pm

IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT THE BOARD COULD REJECT BOTH OFFERS???
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Thu May 13, 2004 10:20 pm

I doubt it - money talks.
THEBARON

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 10:22 pm

And bullsh*t walks
cya  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 14, 2004 6:28 am

sbs3em,
good point of view.
we've been also through times where fortune hated us. Unfortunes must be now leaving for lucks to take its turn with a little help from the Chairman Mao.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:00 pm

This first post sounds strangely familiar 6 years later!

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:This first post sounds strangely familiar 6 years later!

Agreed.

It's like De jevu.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:21 pm

You're right, football is cyclical.

Its only when you get into the groove - Whiskeybreath, Wenger, Abramovich's money or the Glory Period LFC that you break the mold. Otherwise its 100% cyclical.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion