The future is bright.....the future is red - Youth team success. highlights included

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Great to see the youngsters in another youth cup final, that will be 3 in the last 10 years or so.
The only disappointing thing was the crowd, just 4,000, any ideas what stands were open and what the tickets cost ?

I went last night ace ,with me lad. They only used the kop last night and it seemed pretty full , £4 ADULTS AND £2 KIDS great value. First half was pretty poo with Newcastle on top for the most.
Second half we were much better and are passing and movement was great to watch. One or two stood out.
No9 LINFIEILD looks pretty sharpe, defo fox in the box type and No11 didn't catch his name was very comfortable on the ball and ran at there right back all night. No 8 swedish lad looked very comfatable on the ball until he was sent off. :)

Thanks mate, i havent had the chance to get my lad over to Anfield yet, he is 8 nine the end of April so getting to the right age.
Might see if i can get over for the youth cup final, ease him in gently.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:37 am

stmike, i wouldnt exactly say carson graduated to melwood, was he ever at the acadamy?

i thought he was already a first choice at leeds when we bought him
112-1077774096

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGuQUpvupQ&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

Some highlights from Adam Hammill, who is doing well in Scotland while on loan, the goal agsint Celtic was class.  Hope to see the likes of Hammill, Guthrie, Anderson, Lindfield, Hobbs, and Peltier from last years fa youth cup championship as well as the international youth of El Zhar, Besian, and Astrit.  The thing is our first team is also pretty young, so it might be a while before any of these players can break through, especially if we are continuously adding world class talent to the needs positions in the transfer window.  Thats why I think it would be cool for the reserve team to play in one of the lower leagues, it would provide twice as much football for me to follow, and all the players could train together with the best facilities instead at other smaller clubs.

BTW that Jimmy Ryan has one heck of a long range shot.
JoeTerp

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:48 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Some highlights from Adam Hammill, who is doing well in Scotland while on loan, the goal agsint Celtic was class.

Hammill is definitely doing well at the moment.  I work in Scotland and have a few mates that are Dunfermline fans, they've been very impressed with him.  I personally think that out of all our non-first teamers he's got the best chance of making it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:11 pm

john craig wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Some highlights from Adam Hammill, who is doing well in Scotland while on loan, the goal agsint Celtic was class.

Hammill is definitely doing well at the moment.  I work in Scotland and have a few mates that are Dunfermline fans, they've been very impressed with him.  I personally think that out of all our non-first teamers he's got the best chance of making it.

I havent had the chance to see anything of him since he has been up there and thought it an unusual choice of club, but if he is getting games and doing well then great.

I remember garymac i think it was on here ages ago saying he looked the most promising of the kids before i had even heard of him, so will look forward to seeing a bit of recent footage of him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:27 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
john craig wrote:

I havent had the chance to see anything of him since he has been up there and thought it an unusual choice of club, but if he is getting games and doing well then great.

I remember garymac i think it was on here ages ago saying he looked the most promising of the kids before i had even heard of him, so will look forward to seeing a bit of recent footage of him.

I thought it was an unusual choice of club too Ace, but he seems to be enjoying it and is getting plenty of games.  I read a few quotes from him in a Scottish paper not long ago and he was saying that he was enjoying it there more than reserve team football and that he felt he was improving his game.

Having said all that I think the SPL is a worse standard overall than the English Championship and he'll still have to step it up to make it in the Premiership.  I think he has a chance though.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:41 pm

PERESOU I see what you are saying but the fact of the matter is that are acadermy is failing to pruduce the type of quality we need and the people who run the show down there need to be able to spot the talent a youngster has.
grayghost

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:47 pm

john craig wrote:I thought it was an unusual choice of club too Ace, but he seems to be enjoying it and is getting plenty of games.  I read a few quotes from him in a Scottish paper not long ago and he was saying that he was enjoying it there more than reserve team football and that he felt he was improving his game.

Having said all that I think the SPL is a worse standard overall than the English Championship and he'll still have to step it up to make it in the Premiership.  I think he has a chance though.

How physical is it up there ?

I would imagine the pitches would be demanding to play on, as would the conditions in alot of the games.

From the one time i seen him in last seasons youth cup final he looked small-ish although quite stocky i suppose.

The point i am sort of getting at is, is it more physical there, and might that be a reason he has decided to give it a go there....sort of to develop the other side to his game.
As he obviously has the skills and flair side already.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
john craig wrote:I thought it was an unusual choice of club too Ace, but he seems to be enjoying it and is getting plenty of games.  I read a few quotes from him in a Scottish paper not long ago and he was saying that he was enjoying it there more than reserve team football and that he felt he was improving his game.

I would imagine the pitches would be demanding to play on, as would the conditions in alot of the games.

From the one time i seen him in last seasons youth cup final he looked small-ish although quite stocky i suppose.

The point i am sort of getting at is, is it more physical there, and might that be a reason he has decided to give it a go there....sort of to develop the other side to his game.

It's definitely a physical game Ace, whether it's more physical than the English leagues I'm not so sure.  One thing I'll say is it's a more frantic league - no time on the ball whatsoever, if you want time on the ball you have to make it for yourself.

Hammill looks much the same to me now as what he did in the reserves - he's not that tall but is stocky, looks like a strong bugger.  But he's got pace and a trick.  His deliveries aren't bad either.

What he actually said in the interview was that he's had to learn to be more of a team player up there.  He said when he was in the youth team with us he'd think he always had to try and do things himself because he was often the star man on the team, but in the first team with Dunfermline he's learned to be more of a team man and he thinks it's improved him overall as a player.

I like the look of him, he can carry the ball and he's hard to knock off it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:03 pm

youth cup semi final second leg highlights:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video....31-nufc
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:18 pm

nice one st mike

linfield looks like a poacher , like the way he is on the move every time some one shoots
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:36 pm

john craig wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

It's definitely a physical game Ace, whether it's more physical than the English leagues I'm not so sure.  One thing I'll say is it's a more frantic league - no time on the ball whatsoever, if you want time on the ball you have to make it for yourself.

Hammill looks much the same to me now as what he did in the reserves - he's not that tall but is stocky, looks like a strong bugger.  But he's got pace and a trick.  His deliveries aren't bad either.

What he actually said in the interview was that he's had to learn to be more of a team player up there.  He said when he was in the youth team with us he'd think he always had to try and do things himself because he was often the star man on the team, but in the first team with Dunfermline he's learned to be more of a team man and he thinks it's improved him overall as a player.

I like the look of him, he can carry the ball and he's hard to knock off it.

Well we could certainly do with someone who can carry the ball and beat a man, obviously he is nowhere near the first team at this point but i would love him to be given some sort of oppurtunity pre-season like Linfield Guthrie and a few others were last year.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:34 am

Liverpool winger Adam Hammill played 90 minutes for England Under-19s as they beat Turkey 1-0 on Wednesday.
The 19-year-old was the only Liverpool player involved in the friendly, which took place at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium.
JoeTerp

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:45 pm

The lads fairly quick but tries to many step overs. Christiano Ronaldo wannabe I reckon. He lacks the pace, depends how he developes physically over the comming year or two I would say. Definately a decent player. As to weather or not he'll make the grade, between now and next summer would be his defining year. If he doesn't brake through next year I doubt he ever will.

Ronaldo could be the best playin in the world right now if he cut the :censored: out of his game. He's got the ability to do the simple thing aswell as Ryan Giggs. If he could do that he'd be unplayable.

But he doesn't, so he isn't. Basically. :)

I hate the fancy dan stuff that gets you nowhere like the stupid step overs and dances. Zidane never done it and if one of our lads ever did i'd be embarressed to watch him.
76-1174245250

Postby stoney » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Ladeulcateg wrote:Ronaldo could be the best playin in the world right now if he cut the :censored: out of his game. He's got the ability to do the simple thing aswell as Ryan Giggs. If he could do that he'd be unplayable.

But he doesn't, so he isn't. Basically. :)

I

So are you saying the reason why Ronaldo isn't/cant be the best player in the world because he does stepovers to get players off balance and go past them? Sounds ridiculous that. Also I recall Zidane doing many stepovers in his time. Not as much as Ronaldo but he still done a few. Probably would have done more if he played on the wing all the time.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion