Maybe le tallec has a future at liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shanks » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:29 pm

i will say this in 1 sentence about le tallec staying at liverpool, i fecking hope he dos'nt i would ship him back too froggy land were he come from end of...
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:09 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:From what I've seen, I think the lad can play.  Just my opinion. 

If he applied himself a little bit more, and changed his rather large attitude from being a selfish idiot to someone who realised what a gift he has and the fact he plays for the best team in the world, he might carve himself a career.

All's we've heard though is the fact he wants first team football.  He needs to earn it.  Arrogance might be an emotion he needs to rid himself of, and he may need to learn a bit about humility.

I'll be honest, Le tallec comes across as an arrogant tit.  I'd like him to have a successful career at Liverrpool though.  If it doesn't work out, it's fair enough, he hasn't exactly applied himself, but he will be remembered forever I suppose for his part in the build up for Luis Garcia's 25 yard strike against Juventus.

That's pretty much spot on from where I'm sitting jonny. Le Tallec has given a very good masterclass in the gallic art of throwing your toys out of the pram in a big way. His outburst last season about Rafa not wanting him at the club was an attempt to manufacture a permanent move away from the club and whose to say that if we did keep him on and he wasn't getting regular football he wouldn't start to do it again and cause friction in the dressing room. All if's and but's I know but I do think we've got more than enough quality young talent to allow him to move on.

I'll give the lad his due though, he has been quoted recently as saying the incident last year was all a misunderstanding but I still don't think he's worth the money to widen all the doorways at Anfield and Melwood to allow him to get his head through as it continues to get bigger!!  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dxavier » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:34 pm

I am personally not a Le Tallec fan, but because of his age, there are still people in football who believe he will turn into something better. Benitez is not for one second saying that he is going to be a great player but by loaning him out to a team for the whole season where he will definately get first team football, we can always see whether he will amount to anything. If he doesn't, he will be let go and if he does turn in some amazing performances, he is still on our books to draw him back in. All bases covered really.
dxavier

Postby Astek » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:40 pm

dxavier wrote:I am personally not a Le Tallec fan, but because of his age, there are still people in football who believe he will turn into something better. Benitez is not for one second saying that he is going to be a great player but by loaning him out to a team for the whole season where he will definately get first team football, we can always see whether he will amount to anything. If he doesn't, he will be let go and if he does turn in some amazing performances, he is still on our books to draw him back in. All bases covered really.

if he makes a good season in Sochaux, he will stay because we will have an option to buy him  :nod but i think that doesn't matter you... :laugh:

But it's hard for me to believe that his loan in our club will be a succes
Last edited by Astek on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astek

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:49 pm

I think that most people are being harsh on Le Tallec. Most here are of the opinion that Pennant and Bellamy deserve a chance and that they made mistakes when they were younger and they will mature (which I fully agree with), but they are unwilling to give another young player another chance and he's only crime is to want to play regular football. Remember he is still young.

Frankly that is an admirable quality considering we have some on the books that are quite happy not to play as long as they take their fat pay cheque (I will not mention names but he shares his wife's hair stylist and finishes every sentence with "mate")
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spion » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:11 am

Le Tallec is one of the few reminders left of the Frenchmans reign. Benitez is building a new empire. One that few of the Houllier buys can muster or manage to compete. Le Tallec will leave & I'm sure a number of parting shots will be fired at the new messiah.
spion

Postby akumaface » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:56 pm

If Le Tallec is good enough, he would have played for us already. The fact that people will take him on loan meaning they are still skeptical and is kind of in a wait and see mentality. If he performs, then there will be buyers. On the other hand, I think if Rafa wanted to sell Sinama-Pongelle, he can as I'm sure there will be many takers because he had performed quite well in the limited chances he got. Le Tallec would be a different story though.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Astek » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:08 pm

Foot - Transferts : Le Tallec prêté à Sochaux

Barré à Liverpool, Anthony Le Tallec cherchait une porte de sortie. L'international Espoirs a trouvé et va être prêté une saison avec option d'achat à Sochaux. L'attaquant de 22 ans va passer vendredi une visite médicale et doit signer son contrat dans la foulée.

Formé au Havre, Le Tallec a très peu joué à Liverpool en trois saisons. Il a notamment été prêté à Saint-Etienne lors de la saison 2004-2005 avant de partir en prêt la saison passée à Sunderland, relégué en mai dernier. Champion du monde des moins de 17 ans en 2001, il a été le meilleur buteur des Bleuets durant les qualifications à l'Euro 2006, durant lesquelles il a inscrit sept buts en neuf matches.

It's close to be official now that Le tallec goes to Sochaux for 1 year
Last edited by Astek on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astek

Postby GunGod » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:02 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:"I will just have to show Benitez the list of my players to prove that Le Tallec would play regularly."
[/quote]
I like this quote  :D
GunGod

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:51 am

If he plays regularly, he'd get the plaudits if he plays especially well so that we can really cash out, otherwise, he'd simply run down his contract and we will get nought in transfer fees. I believe this is some of the reasoning behind Rafa's insistence that he plays regularly.

Look at the joker billed as "the next Zidane" who did not get much playing time back on loan in France and I think he left for nothing.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Astek » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:06 pm

azriahmad wrote:Look at the joker billed as "the next Zidane" who did not get much playing time back on loan in France and I think he left for nothing.

You talk about Meghni ?
Sochaux take him for a loan from bologne next year...he was always injured and didn't make anything...
he went back to Bologne in serie B

It seems that the price of Le tallec, if Sochaux wants to buy him after his loan is between 3M€ and 4M€
Last edited by Astek on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astek

Postby Astek » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:28 pm

Le tallec scored 2 times this week end... :cool:
Astek

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Astek wrote:Le tallec scored 2 times this week and... :cool:

he's still :censored:...................
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kop11 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:45 pm

ye i think he has a great rare tallent but when he was out on loan at sunderland he didnt really seem to do anything there. ok his attatuide isnt great but yet again we didnt see any front page stuff from his loan spell at sunderland

i think he would have to proove himself alot before becoming a liverpool squad player. iam just not sure he will ever become a regular first team player! but yet time will tell
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby Paul C » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:18 pm

The lad isn't good enough, simple as!!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion