The future is bright.....the future is red - Youth team success. highlights included

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:14 am

Liverpool's under-18's team reach the FA Youth Cup Final again.

Well done boys.

Official Site

:cool:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:37 am

i notice the bar codes ahve this player Kazenga Lua-Lua, must be related to the other lua lua.

heighway is doing a good job, i wonder if its time for him to move upwards or if he is happy doing what he is doing
112-1077774096

Postby red_guy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 am

Well done. The future is bright , indeed. :)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:06 am

peewee wrote:i notice the bar codes ahve this player Kazenga Lua-Lua, must be related to the other lua lua.

heighway is doing a good job, i wonder if its time for him to move upwards or if he is happy doing what he is doing

I heard or read somewhere that Heighway may be off after this season. I'm not totally sure but I heard a murmur that he had a disagreement with Benitez.

Can someone set that straight ?
66-1112520797

Postby bigxchris » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:48 am

Bamaga man wrote:
peewee wrote:i notice the bar codes ahve this player Kazenga Lua-Lua, must be related to the other lua lua.

I heard or read somewhere that Heighway may be off after this season. I'm not totally sure but I heard a murmur that he had a disagreement with Benitez.

Can someone set that straight ?

This was all I could find on him leaving, good old Wikipedia:

Steve continued his successes with the Chargers, and in 1989 was asked to rejoin Liverpool to run their youth academy, bringing promising youngsters up through the system until they were ready for the professional game. Among Heighway's successes are Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Dominic Matteo, David Thompson and Michael Owen. He remains in this role today until May 2007 when he will retire.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:54 am

Great to see the youngsters in another youth cup final, that will be 3 in the last 10 years or so.
The only disappointing thing was the crowd, just 4,000, any ideas what stands were open and what the tickets cost ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Linfield looked good.

Holds up the ball well, can finish. Quick over ten yards, works hard, decent in the air. I'd say he's about as good as Anichebe or Vaughan. Shame he's not in a sh#t side, so he won't be given as much of a go.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:00 pm

well done lads

how many look like they might make the step up ? i haven't seen anything of the youth team

and what has happened to anderson who looked like he was going to play games this term
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Yes the youth team are doing well but are there any decent players who could make the breack through. Not just a break in to the first team like Warnock but is there a Owen,Robbie,Gerrard,Carra, in the team i don't think so. Why is it that Liverpool let players like Ronney and Nugent go. The striking problems could have been so diffrent if someone could have spooted the talent that was looking at them in the face.
grayghost

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

redmikey wrote:well done lads

how many look like they might make the step up ? i haven't seen anything of the youth team

It's hard to tell at this stage.

Out of the players who graduated to Melwood, the following are on loan:

Antwi
Hammill
Idrizaj
Carson
O'Donnell
Smith
Martin
Guthrie
Peltier

Obviously they're out on loan to see if they can cut it in competitive football and toughen them up. Out of that lot I've got hopes for Idrizaj, Carson, Hammill and Antwi. Guthrie's not a bad player but reminds me a bit of Welsh at that age.

Out of the others still at Liverpool the following look promising atm:

Lindfield
Ajdarevic
Jimmy Ryan
Hobbs
Paletta
Anderson
El Zhar

So there are a fair few decent young un's. I think the fact that Rafa has sent so many on loan shows that he really believes that the reserve team football thing is not competitve enough to blood young players. A lot of these kids would probably have a better chance of establishing themselves in professional football at smaller clubs where they'd be given a chance at first team football.

I know some people say that if you're good enough you'll break through, but if you look back on the likes of Gerrard when he came through, it wasn't due to the fact that he was a great midfielder, it's just that he could play a ball, could tackle and we had problems at right back at the time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:25 pm

stmichael wrote:Linfield looked good.

Holds up the ball well, can finish. Quick over ten yards, works hard, decent in the air. I'd say he's about as good as Anichebe or Vaughan. Shame he's not in a sh#t side, so he won't be given as much of a go.

I read fairclough's column on the official site, he described lindfield, and to me he, based on my readings he is similar to fowler and a natural goalscorer, maybe he can breakthrough the ranks in 2 year time?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:27 pm

grayghost wrote:Yes the youth team are doing well but are there any decent players who could make the breack through. Not just a break in to the first team like Warnock but is there a Owen,Robbie,Gerrard,Carra, in the team i don't think so. Why is it that Liverpool let players like Ronney and Nugent go. The striking problems could have been so diffrent if someone could have spooted the talent that was looking at them in the face.

Those things happen.  Marseille let Zidan slip through there fingers, Eto was pushed out of Madrid, Rangers turned down KENNY DALGLISH.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:34 pm

metalhead wrote:
stmichael wrote:Linfield looked good.

I read fairclough's column on the official site, he described lindfield, and to me he, based on my readings he is similar to fowler and a natural goalscorer, maybe he can breakthrough the ranks in 2 year time?

In a way yes. By that I mean that at times he looked irrelevant but then he popped up with 2 goals which is the type of striker I like!

It's good to see that he's filled out a bit in the last 12 months aswell. He was very rangy a year ago and struggled to cope with Micah Richards' power when he came back in for the 2nd leg of the Youth Cup Final.

He will definately play for someone in the future, hope he makes the grade for us. However next season, I think a loan move to a lower league side would do him the world of good.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Great to see the youngsters in another youth cup final, that will be 3 in the last 10 years or so.
The only disappointing thing was the crowd, just 4,000, any ideas what stands were open and what the tickets cost ?

I went last night ace ,with me lad. They only used the kop last night and it seemed pretty full , £4 ADULTS AND £2 KIDS great value. First half was pretty poo with Newcastle on top for the most.
Second half we were much better and are passing and movement was great to watch. One or two stood out.
No9 LINFIEILD looks pretty sharpe, defo fox in the box type and No11 didn't catch his name was very comfortable on the ball and ran at there right back all night. No 8 swedish lad looked very comfatable on the ball until he was sent off. :)
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:No 8 swedish lad looked very comfatable on the ball until he was sent off. :)

Astrit Ajdarevic. I think this boy is gonna be a star. It looks like he has a bit of a temper but that is no bad thing.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion