Maybe le tallec has a future at liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:00 pm

Paul C wrote:The lad isn't good enough, simple as!!!

someone"s made sense at last ! he"s gone for good i hope. his attitude stinks,expects another chance forget it le tallec go & play in a league that deserves your alround talent [no where near as good as the EPL]
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby mikopool » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:16 pm

His only performence I remember not getting frustrated with is against Juventus at Anfeild, he looked like a good supporting striker/midfeilder, had lots of good pace and intelligence, but never really looked (aside from that match) like he wanted to play. I hope he gets settled with a club because loaning him out to a new team every year is a waste of everybodies time.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Astek » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:53 am

Hello,
excuse me for digging up this topic but i'd like to know one or two things about letallec...

As you can see on my avatar, i'm a french fan of Sochaux, the club where Letallec was loan this season...

Despite a hard start in Sochaux, Sochaux fans are quite happy of Lettalec. It is said in newspaper that he could be tranfer in Sochaux but Liverpool asks for too many money (4M€)

Have you got any informations about the case "Letallec" ?
Since today, Jacques Crevoisier, a former Liverpool assistant trainer of Houiller, is our new "sporting director" (i'm notsure it is the good word..sporting director is for me the person who is in charge of the recruitement and negotiation about transferts)
Do you think, that's good be a good thing for Letallec in Sochaux ?

Thanks for your answer
Astek

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:26 pm

Astek,
You've probably seen more of Le Tallec than we have .I dont think he's played more than about 20 games for us since we signed him. He hasn't played for Liverpool for more than two years now .

He does have some skill , it just never happend for him at LFC . Probably good for Sochaux and Le Tallec  if the move to France was permanent.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:42 pm

4m Euros is around £2.7m, which sounds about right to me. That's nothing at all in the English game at the moment.

I always quite liked Le Tallec, but he just didn't develop enough physically to make an impression over here. He is a talented lad though, no question. I think Jacques Crevoisier was involved in bringing Le Tallec and Pongolle over to Liverpool, so I definitely think the two linking up at Sochaux could be mutually beneficial.

It's always a shame when a player gets frozen out Liverpool's plans, and then loaned out year after year. If Sochaux are happy to have him permanently, I really hope that a deal can be reached.

Getting Cisse and Le Tallec off the books this summer would be pretty much the full stop on the Houllier era. The last of those that didn't make it over here. Holding out for more money than anyone is willing to pay is just pointless at this stage - the players are losing value every year.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Astek » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:05 pm

But no rumor at Liverpool about his future ?
Astek

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:42 pm

I don't think Le Tallec has a future at Liverpool because of his attitude, too many times he's spat his dummy out, the only game I think where he had a good game for  Liverpool was against Juve in the CL, he's not good enough and even struggled at Sunderland, when he's on the pitch he sticks out like a saw thumb (not for good reasons).

Le Tallec isn't half as good as his cousin Pongolle and you know what happened to him  :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:00 pm

i personally think le tallec is really good. i saw him at a young age and he is one of those players which you get frustrated at for wasting a talent

he clearly has so much potential but he doesn't seem to put in that extra effort and lacks determination off the field to get himself good enough for liverpool or any big team.
i think if he changed his mentality and grew up quick then he could still have a future with us but he would have to start working soon because i can't see him staying with us at the moment
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby Astek » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:04 pm

He made a good second part of season when we (Sochaux) signed Sebastien Grax, an other young striker

Grax and Letallec played very often in the under 21 french team and that's make sparks at the end of the seasons in Sochaux when they were associated

i hope Sochaux will be able to re-build this pair!!!

but Liverpool have to be less greedy because Sochaux has not a lot of money...and 4M€ is too much..not far to be all the money we have to recruit this year...so it is very expansive..

moreover, i know, because i had the chance to speak with him (before the end of the season after a training) that Letallec wants to stay at Sochaux because he feels good in the team, in the Sochaux area and with Sochaux fans... 

so i hope..
Astek

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:37 pm

He has no future with us simple as that..

There is a big difference playing well for Liverpool and playing well for Sochaux!

4 million and he is your and thats another one of Houlliers "gems" gone!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Astek » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:03 pm

Dundalk wrote:There is a big difference playing well for Liverpool and playing well for Sochaux!

i know that but for 4M€, he's still at Liverpool for one year... :laugh:
Astek

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Can't see it personally. Maybe he could be a late bloomer. I'd just ship him out, but then, I'm not Rafa.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I seem to remember we paid a couple of million for him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:43 pm

I think it was six, for him and Pongolle. "I tell you, these two are gems" said our manager at the time. Hmmm. I personally think Pongolle was the better player of the two and he wasn't good enough. Le Tellec is better than Bruno Cheyrou, I'll give him that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:47 pm

bigmick wrote:I think it was six, for him and Pongolle. "I tell you, these two are gems" said our manager at the time. Hmmm. I personally think Pongolle was the better player of the two and he wasn't good enough. Le Tellec is better than Bruno Cheyrou, I'll give him that.

we payed 3 million for the pair
duk

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion