MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 pm

:laugh:

Probably mate.

Now have a beer and enjoy the 3 points lad.  You can scrutinise the performance tomorrow! !
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Needs to be the first one out this summer, how many mistakes does he have to do before he gets dropped? liability
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:33 pm

metalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 pm wrote:Needs to be the first one out this summer, how many mistakes does he have to do before he gets dropped? liability

Rumours abound that City are interested and I'd snap anyone's hand off with a 10+ million offer. He's too inconsistent and error prone to help us to the next level, but has he been any different during his time here?  I've always labelled him as average, but think our years in the duldrums have excused him.

Sakho should be back next week...get him in ASAP.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:36 pm

What a feckin... joke this guy is becoming...

Why isn't anyone coaching him not to defend like that? He's a liability... the way he defends, putting his hands around opponents, pushing them down... etc...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:39 pm wrote:Why do you always have to make things look worse than they are, Stu? I agree that Skrtel shouldn't be our starter but to say that he can "be replaced by half the center halves in the league"

In what possible way is that an exageration?

Do you not think there are other centre backs in the country who are better than he is? ???

The point is he's worse than alot of the centre halves in the league and I wouldn't say he's any better than most. The likes of Delaney and James Collins and the likes are first division players, but there is at least one centre half in every team in the league better than him and there is in a lot of cases two.

You're clearly one of these that puts Liverpool players on their own little pedastal.  Lucas, Skrtel and Johnson... could all be replaced by at least half of the players in their position in the league and we'd be better or at least no worse off. Until we can't say that about any of our players we'll never win a league.
in your opinion. Not most other sensible supporters.

Again he continues to be first CB choice under Rodgers and I would not be surprised if that rumoured Man City bid comes in this summer.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:40 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:33 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 pm wrote:Needs to be the first one out this summer, how many mistakes does he have to do before he gets dropped? liability

Rumours abound that City are interested and I'd snap anyone's hand off with a 10+ million offer. He's too inconsistent and error prone to help us to the next level, but has he been any different during his time here?  I've always labelled him as average, but think our years in the duldrums have excused him.

Sakho should be back next week...get him in ASAP.

ridiculous errors time and time again, today the equalizer was his fault, the way he had to dally the ball and take so many touches in the end he loses it and commits a clumsy challenge, then scores an OG  :laugh:  The penalty, instead of challenging for the ball he challenged the man and tugged him. He should thank our lucky stars that we have players like Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez, Henderson and Coutinho, who are on form
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:41 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:38 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:39 pm wrote:Why do you always have to make things look worse than they are, Stu? I agree that Skrtel shouldn't be our starter but to say that he can "be replaced by half the center halves in the league"

In what possible way is that an exageration?

Do you not think there are other centre backs in the country who are better than he is? ???

The point is he's worse than alot of the centre halves in the league and I wouldn't say he's any better than most. The likes of Delaney and James Collins and the likes are first division players, but there is at least one centre half in every team in the league better than him and there is in a lot of cases two.

You're clearly one of these that puts Liverpool players on their own little pedastal.  Lucas, Skrtel and Johnson... could all be replaced by at least half of the players in their position in the league and we'd be better or at least no worse off. Until we can't say that about any of our players we'll never win a league.
in your opinion. Not most other sensible supporters.

Again he continues to be first CB choice under Rodgers and I would not be surprised if that rumoured Man City bid comes in this summer.

I'll drive him to Man City myself, he is a very very average defender
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:51 pm

All several supporters seem to concentrate on is Skrtel's mistakes. Just how many shots on goal has Luis missed recently? ONLY A MANIAC would drop Luis from the team because his overall contribution is fantastic. Everybody seems to have the ability to assess Luis's overall performance. Why is it so difficult to do the same with Skrtel. The lad gets castigated regardless of wether we win or lose. Is it too much to ask for a balanced view. A lot of credit should also go to Swansea. They made our lives very difficult.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 pm

All several supporters seem to concentrate on is Skrtel's mistakes. Just how many shots on goal has Luis missed recently? ONLY A MANIAC would drop Luis from the team because his overall contribution is fantastic. Everybody seems to have the ability to assess Luis's overall performance. Why is it so difficult to do the same with Skrtel. The lad gets castigated regardless of wether we win or lose. Is it too much to ask for a balanced view. A lot of credit should also go to Swansea. They made our lives very difficult.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Skrtel for all his faults is probably still the most reliable of our CB's, Toure and Agger are right out of sorts and Sakho looks good but always seems to be unavailable or injured.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:16 pm

I don't think Skrtel is playing any better or worse than he has throughout his LFC career. However, as we're improving and rising the bar, his inadequacies are becoming ever more glaring. In fact, I have doubts about Agger too, but he doesn't appear to be as bad as Martin.

Hopefully the return of Sakho next week will improve the defence somewhat.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 pm wrote:I don't think Skrtel is playing any better or worse than he has throughout his LFC career. However, as we're improving and rising the bar, his inadequacies are becoming ever more glaring. In fact, I have doubts about Agger too, but he doesn't appear to be as bad as Martin.

Hopefully the return of Sakho next week will improve the defence somewhat.

I'd rather have Skrtel in there than Agger ATM, Skrtel makes the odd error but his general defending is okay, Agger on the other hand just looks way off the pace full stop.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm the last to defend Skrtel (Aka the goat rapist) but it's not as if he is being tested by the rest of our CB's ,he is of the "enforcing" type CB ,aggressive ,no silly games ,strong on the ball with his leg or head no joke, one purpose which is get the ball or get the opponent's legs. I guess Toure would be his competition however he is having a pretty shaky season with some astounding meltdown moments ,Agger and Sakho are the "other" type CB ,more calm ,good ball control with the ability to get the ball forward. Leaving Skrtel in the driving seat for bad or for worse depending how much oxygen is flowing through his brain. Guess Martin will have to do till the end of season but in no shape way or form can he be a regular Starter for Liverpool.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:19 pm

The more I see that penalty the more I am annoyed with him, there was absolutely no need for him to do that boney wasn't going to get anywhere near the ball.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:The more I see that penalty the more I am annoyed with him, there was absolutely no need for him to do that boney wasn't going to get anywhere near the ball.

he's been doing it all season...the only thing that surprises me is the time its taken a ref to deal with it.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion