Mark gonzalez...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Sabre wrote:Bah. You don't show too much respect between you, I'm just another one, I don't need an extra dosis of respect.

I do ask though, that every player on a red shirt should have a decent amount of respect here. And while Stu's comment, right or wrong, stick to football, some comments doubting about Gonzo's commitment and making jokes about the hair do not show a proper respect. Stick to footie.

I'm not calling for respect out of sentimentality, Sabre.  You've had more opportunity to watch Gonzales play than virtually everyone else on here.  You've seen him play live (I presume), you've seen him train (I know)...most importantly, you've seen him play when he had confidence--something he's distinctly lacking at the moment.  As such, I think your opinion of the lad should count for something given that you've seen things in his game that some of us have yet to see from him. 

Because that's the issue: is there more to his game than what he's showing?  Stu and many others say that there isn't and that he's simply not good enough.  Based on what he's shown to date, that opinion carries weight.  You, however, seem to be saying that he has qualities that haven't yet been displayed at Liverpool.  I, for one, hope that you're right and that we see much more from the lad very soon.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:48 pm

I've seen him all the games live (Anoeta) and TV in the games away. He has indeed played badly so far in LFC. Bad decissions, bad passings, nervous, anxious, almost. A bad form, of a very young player, foreign player is enough to say he's not good enough? I don't agree that, sorry.

Rafa didn't line up Gonzo at the start of the season. He preffered to play Gerrard for the dismay of many, and LG there on the left wing. That's because Rafa didn't see he was ready yet, obviously.

But it seems to me, that if Rafa lines up Gonzo against Manchester United, that means he has some faith on him. Important faith I'd say, as I'm sure he didn't want to lose in there.

I think that if he's appearing more, is because Rafa starts to think he can be useful for the team. That's an important step. Next step is that he shakes his nerves out of him and start displaying some of the stuff he has. And forget about that old bóllocks "EPL is a different league, won't cut to this league". Football is football everywhere, and I know what's good stuff.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bellamy17 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 pm

mark is world class
Last edited by Bellamy17 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bellamy17

Postby 83-1165214211 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 pm

At what?
83-1165214211

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Bellamy17 wrote:mark is world class

Oasis, you plank, get a life.  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bellamy17 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:02 pm

STR_18+5 wrote:At what?

football.
Bellamy17

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:03 pm

sabre... have i insulted u or been remotely rude once??!

if disagreeing with your opinion on a player is against the rules of this forum then i apologise, i'll take ur word for it.

btw, i'd love to pointed in the direction of some of these videos where gonzalez has got u all convinced he is king. i banged his name in you tube - came across his 3 liverpool goals (all good finishes, but then again i would expect my granny to finish them bar the free-kick), a badly deflected free kick (VERY badly deflected) and a 40 yarder (bad goalkeeping, simple as) ...i've seen no pace no nothing, just tap ins and a couple of free kicks.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:08 pm

and if it is the case that we should show sabre the respect he deserves by accepting his word that gonzalez is a quality player, i suggest u all stop criticising cisse (who's name you all used to chant when warming up to come off the bench) as steven gerrard's opinion is that he is a quality player who didnt get the chances he deserves as he didnt get on with rafa
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 pm

Not at all, mate. I just wanted to tell Bad Bob that I do not deserve more respect than any of you. No problemo.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bellamy17 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Sabre wrote:

Not at all, mate. I just wanted to tell Bad Bob that I do not deserve more respect than any of you. No problemo.

name a spanish poet, any spanish poet a poet or an author, a spirtiual, you have 10 minutes before i call you a rotten manckyyyyy!
Bellamy17

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:21 pm

Spanish poet? which century? I could name a few from the XII century. Due to his deep understanding of the tragedy of the civil war, and Spanish essence, I'd pick Antonio Machado and Federico Garcia Lorca

My nationality is not fake Oasis, your Spanish is just copy and paste :D

Oh I see you mispelled spiritual. In that range I'd talk of the ones like el Arcipestre de Hita, Bartolomé de las Casas and Santa Teresa de Jesús.

:D
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bellamy17 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:25 pm

any century, name me some french and german poets with the wit and intelligence of the legendary oscar wilde, no sabre hes not a manc! he is irish, no he not roy keane, but he is the one, maybe not neo, but wilde is the one.
Bellamy17

Postby Bellamy17 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:28 pm

thank you sabre, your manc-spanish, well you're not from spain but basque, that's almost france. thanks alot, say hello to leon for me, hes a famous french artist.

i saw fly off into the shadows of dungbeetle hall.
Bellamy17

Postby mrs-mark-gonzalez » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:10 am

gonzalez is the best....itz good that rafa signed him to liverpool if not it will be a waste! :p
mrs-mark-gonzalez

Postby Marianne » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:22 pm

Smeg wrote:He's shi*e.

erm..hello he's not :censored:! He's a young lad who is going to mature and he's already shown us a glimpse of what is to come!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion