Mark gonzalez - Be a red with in 2 weeks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:07 am

Lando I think Gonzalez has a Spanish passport now and Chile have gone up in the rankings.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:13 am

The passport was what we were waiting till the summer for. I distinctively remember a member on here (Wooly, I think) stating that the DEP had refused to review the permit situation in Jan.

I hope not though!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:17 am

Maybe he won't play for us in the summer, I remember reading that Gonzales would join us but wouldn't be allowed to play until the summer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:42 am

Thats what I thought. A massive pity that is.

Thick b*stards at the DEP. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:53 am

Lionheart wrote:I think we need to temper the enthusiasm with a note of caution here too guys. How often have we heard rave reviews only to see things fall flat on their faces...can't settle in the EPL, homesick, different game tempo, etc.?

Don't get me wrong, nothing would please me more than to see the young lad do well on debut but rather than be snowed under by expectation, just to enjoy himself and to play well for the Reds.   :)

I think we might be seeing Cisse on his way out in January though.

I know what you mean Lionheart , but then again how many of these rave reviews were of Houllier saying  things like the next Zidane etc etc

nearly all the rave reviews were of Houlliers  era  , and nearly or if not all ,were proved horribly wrong like you mentioned
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:27 am

Yeah, point taken liamac.

If/when Cisse goes which players remain in the current squad that were originally bought in by Houllier??

Houllier was linked to the Australian team prior to Guus Hiddink coming on board. What a potential disaster that could have been.   ???

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:24 am

Good morning to everybody. Another great win last night!
First, I must say that I have no idea who this guy is. He plays for a Second division team in Spain; by the way they are in the relegation places that lead to the third Division (2 B).
I read he has just recovered from a knee injury. Saying that he can be the next Ronaldinho is not being realistic. I cannot see him improving what we have at the moment. If we had plenty of money to sign a good player I doubt this Mark Gonzalez would be the first option; but unfortunately our bank account does not seem to be so good as our performances in the pitch. Greetings, and please let us not get too excited abuot this player.
Erica

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:51 pm

Erica wrote:Good morning to everybody. Another great win last night!
First, I must say that I have no idea who this guy is. He plays for a Second division team in Spain; by the way they are in the relegation places that lead to the third Division (2 B).
I read he has just recovered from a knee injury. Saying that he can be the next Ronaldinho is not being realistic. I cannot see him improving what we have at the moment. If we had plenty of money to sign a good player I doubt this Mark Gonzalez would be the first option; but unfortunately our bank account does not seem to be so good as our performances in the pitch. Greetings, and please let us not get too excited abuot this player.

Yes they are in the 2nd division now but they wernt last year and he was supposed to be here by now anyway. This is indeed good news. He seems to me like a South American version of Arjen Robben and some of the clips ive seen of him of Sky Sports and the La Liga in the past really made me sit up. Hes got great pace, i mean this guy can race down the flanks all day long and he also knows where the goal is also. I think he score 5 or 6 for Albacete last season.

People may not be that impressed by which league Albacete but make no mistake, those of you who have seen past players like Marcelo Salas and Ivan Zamorrano know that any player who is lables 'the best player in Chile' knows were are potentially signing a future star. I just hope he stays injury free.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:04 pm

The remaining Houllier signings (inc Cisse) are as follows:

Hyypia
Traore
Hamann
Riise
Finnan
Cisse
Dudek
Kirkland (loan)
Diao (loan)
Cheyrou "
Le Tellac "
Pongolle
Kewell
Carl Medjani (loan).

There may be a few more in the U18's, but I believe that these players are the remaining links to GH.
There's more than I thought to be honest.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:06 pm

I hope Gonzalez hasn't lost anything but time through his injury.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm

My understanding was that we had to wait 12 months until we could apply again, Rafa did say though that he was hoping we could get him in January, but I haven't heard anything more than the article on SSN, nothing on the website but if he's quoated as saying he is going to be here in January then their must be something in it.
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:14 am

Erica wrote:Good morning to everybody. Another great win last night!

If you have no idea who he is, why are you talking $hit about him? Don't make generalisations about how he plays, watch him play, then make a decision.  :angry:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 am

Erica, Gonzalez was the first option. That was before we were linked with Figo,Simao,etc.... Benitez rates him and he will give Zenden,Kewell,Riise a run for their money on the left flank.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:28 am

A bit harsh AB and Stinger. Erica's post is a sensible one, it would be unwise to place too much expectation on Gonzalez. I offer you this, if this kid can walk from the Spanish second division into our first team and make the transition then it is a fantastic piece of scouting by Rafa and the boys.
It's no shame for her to admit she hasn't seen the kid play. If Sabre's team were about to sign a bloke fom Brighton, it would be reasonable to advise him that though you hadn't seen the bloke play, you would be surprised if he could make the step up to La Liga. Go easy.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:33 am

He's not walking from Second Division. He played in La Liga last season when his team was promoted to La Liga. Imo my comment wasn't harsh, I didn't insult here in any way did I?
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion