Mark gonzalez - Failure or there's still hope

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kunilson » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Just a little further on what Ace Ventura brought up about his first touch....its does seem to be too heavy at times but don't u think that has something to do with his confidence level?
Prime example being our very own Kuyt, when he first started playing for us he couldn't put a foot wrong but ever since the new year ive noticed his first touch especially being a bit off....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:57 pm

I'd echo what Ace and CHL have said about his deficiencies, unfortunately.  I don't think the lad will be anything more than a squad player for us, especially if Kewell returns.  My hope is that we can loan him out to a Premiership side next season to help him adjust to the league and build his confidence.  Long term, though, I am not terribly optimistic.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:07 pm

He's one of the worst wingers i've seen in a Liverpool shirt since Mark Walters.  Utter Pap and a total rip off when you consider how much we spent.

Gonzo is nothing more than a poor mans Ronaldo and i hope he's cleared out with the likes of Zenden in the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:51 pm

Aldo is absolutely panning him on radio city, saying he is miles off the pace and that when he is trying to get back he is that slow its as if he has a parachute on his back.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:56 pm

7_Kewell wrote:He's one of the worst wingers i've seen in a Liverpool shirt since Mark Walters.  Utter Pap and a total rip off when you consider how much we spent.

Gonzo is nothing more than a poor mans Ronaldo and i hope he's cleared out with the likes of Zenden in the summer.

Agreeing with me this time so you can't be laughed at when you get it wrong?

Wise move... :cool:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:18 pm

not quite stu..its called having an opinon of your own.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Says the man who latched onto Nigel Worthington's opinion and slagged me for not agreeing with that... priceless... :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Says the man who latched onto Nigel Worthington's opinion and slagged me for not agreeing with that... priceless... :laugh:

actually no, i was giving examples of the fact that i wasn't the only guy who didin't rate Fowler.

and now Rafa agrees with me!  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:22 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Says the man who latched onto Nigel Worthington's opinion and slagged me for not agreeing with that... priceless... :laugh:

actually no, i was giving examples of the fact that i wasn't the only guy who didin't rate Fowler.

Rafa said he was the best finisher at the club, hardly a statement to suggest he doesnt rate him.
Just admit you got that one wrong, Robbie can still do it, and proved it last season, and in the little time he has played this season.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:24 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Rafa said he was the best finisher at the club, hardly a statement to suggest he doesnt rate him.
Just admit you got that one wrong, Robbie can still do it, and proved it last season, and in the little time he has played this season.

3 goals in 13 league games and ALL OF THEM were from the spot. He's not good enough and shouldn't be given an extended contract.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:53 pm

still not sure about him,yes i feel a bit let down by him but at the same time i can see that he could be a very good player but i am just not sure he will do it for Us.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:57 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

3 goals in 13 league games and ALL OF THEM were from the spot. He's not good enough and shouldn't be given an extended contract.

This is a Gonzalez thread so this is the last is the last i will say on this.
How mant starts has he had, and how many goals ?
How many goals per minutes on the pitch does he have.
The only reason its not worth giving him a new contract is because Rafa is underusing him.
If it was based on ability or chances converted then he would be sticking around for much much longer.

YOU WERE WRONG, Get over it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kalos » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Gonzalez is an utter liability , will be given 1 more season by Rafa simply because he's stubborn and will then be sold .

Diarise it.
kalos

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:00 pm

Although even if he is given another season i hope Rafa still buys someone creative for the left. Kewell is great if he can stay injury freee but im sick of saying that.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:10 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

This is a Gonzalez thread so this is the last is the last i will say on this.
How mant starts has he had, and how many goals ?
How many goals per minutes on the pitch does he have.
The only reason its not worth giving him a new contract is because Rafa is underusing him.
If it was based on ability or chances converted then he would be sticking around for much much longer.

YOU WERE WRONG, Get over it.

why can't he get in the first 11?

Why is he being given a free transfer in the summer?

i'm not wrong...Fowler isn't a Premiership quality striker and he hasn't been for a while now.  His fitness is poor, his workrate is poor and his goal scoring this season is poor.  3 goals from 13 prem matches?  he's not good enough, get over it.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion