Mark gonzalez...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:58 pm

gonzalez aint lfc standard, simple as.

i cant believe wat im reading - sabre, you are trying TOO hard to defend him and it seems u've lost a grasp of reality. u compared alonso's atributes as a player to gonzalez... HELLO - alonso's atributes are PERFECT for a central midfeilder... gonzo is a winger with none of the desired qualities.

man utd buy players like ronaldo for £7M - and we sit here saying 'give gonzalez a season, he'll come good' - bulshit... sometimes u have to realise a bad investment, and cut your losses!

Do not think that I just have low standards of what LFC needs. When I saw Josemi, I didn't need much time to know he wasn't good enough for Liverpool. When I think about average player and not good enough players, I think of Nuñez, for instance.

I don't know if I defend too much GOnzalez. I defended Morientes and asked more time for him, and I admit I was wrong, this wasn't just the club for him. I defended hard Crouch in the big drought of yesteryear -many said he wasn't a striker- because I thought he was a very good player. In that case I was right. I don't know if I'm going to be right or wrong this time, but I defend him not differently than I defended other players.

I've lost the grasp of reality? teach me then. What are the desired qualities for a winger and for a striker? Dribling? I've seen players who can dribble 3 players but cannot put a cross. Crossing? I've seen players that are able  to cross perfectly but never get past their defenders. Gonzo is not a dribbler not a crosser, but in his worst form, has scored 3 goals. Gonzo has pace and make good runs, letting aside the last game, look who was expecting the ball inside the area when we were counterattacking. Should Kuyt didn't have the need of scoring against Tottenham, he should have given Gonzo a sitter, because Gonzo made the right run, and fast. He knows positioning well.
I also think that our LB has suffered less when GOnzo played in the left, than when LG did, for instance.

I admit though his decission taking and passes have been AWFUL. He's in a bad form. But I have to be honest with myself, if I think I must defend his class I must do it. Alonso had a month or two that he wasn't and his best, then he improved. Crouch had a terrible drought of goals yesteryear, then he scored. I don't know why it's out of reality thinking that the lad is just nervous and can't cope with the pressure so far, but he'll get better.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:28 am

A footballer who can't pass is like having a clown who can't juggle.
83-1165214211

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:57 am

STR_18+5 wrote:A footballer who can't pass is like having a clown who can't juggle.

He does pass Stu. Just to the wrong team  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 am

PabloAimar wrote:gonzalez aint lfc standard, simple as.

i cant believe wat im reading - sabre, you are trying TOO hard to defend him and it seems u've lost a grasp of reality. u compared alonso's atributes as a player to gonzalez... HELLO - alonso's atributes are PERFECT for a central midfeilder... gonzo is a winger with none of the desired qualities.

man utd buy players like ronaldo for £7M - and we sit here saying 'give gonzalez a season, he'll come good' - bulshit... sometimes u have to realise a bad investment, and cut your losses!

Ronaldo cost about 12-13 million.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:08 pm

chelski bought drogba for 24m (correct me if im wrong)
it took him 1 season plus to settle down
arsenal bought henry and took wenger about 2 seasons before he became an icon
although gerrard has been here since puberty, how many seasons exactly did he endured to become the player he is today?
gonzo and pennant are no josemi or nunez. They may not be excellent players today but i'm sure they'll improve time after time.
If i'm wrong, just ship them off! What's the big deal. We have loads of money:laugh:
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:06 am

...true, not a big deal - he cost nothing
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:25 am

dont think anyone on this thread is on about selling him... he obviously has a market value of 0 atm! hehe

no seriously, i think what most of us are trying to say is that he doesnt have enough quality to be a first team player quite yet... loan him out.. play him in the reserves... throw him in the bench...whatever.... not good enough for the first team though !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sissoko_22 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:26 pm

he has all the attributes to be a success in the premiership (pace, bravery etc.) he will need at least a season to adjust. he has played in spain for most of his career and will need to adjust. he is still very young and sometimes lacks composure on final ball.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. you must believe that you are the best and then make sure you are.in my time at liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in mersyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"  - Bill Shankly
sissoko_22

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:41 pm

he needs to spend less time on his hair and more time learning how to dribble
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:54 pm

Back in San Sebastian, when his aim was to recover form from injury, he trained with intensity, and then he VOLUNTEERED to train himself even harder with the phisios after the regular training session.

Meaning his attitude was professional and committed.

Meaning your comment about the hair is utter bóllocks. Not to mention it has nothing to do with football. Perhaps you need to look more to his football and less to his hair, Pablo.  :talktothehand
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Sabre wrote:Back in San Sebastian, when his aim was to recover form from injury, he trained with intensity, and then he VOLUNTEERED to train himself even harder with the phisios after the regular training session.

Meaning your comment about the hair is utter bóllocks. Not to mention it has nothing to do with football. Perhaps you need to look more to his football and less to his hair, Pablo.  :talktothehand

a lot of those qualities are what rafa values highest as well

hard work, putting the team first, natural pace and a will to win which  speedy has

sabre ,  alot of so called fans now get there opinions from there girlfriends, the back pages of st!te newspapers and a bloke down the pub, so let them mention hair all they like mate they are plebs

people even questioned gerrards commitment at the start of the year because every one likes a scape goat

crouch,garcia,kewell( i am guilty there)

there is a difference between supporters and an audience
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:51 pm

redmikey wrote:
Sabre wrote:Back in San Sebastian, when his aim was to recover form from injury, he trained with intensity, and then he VOLUNTEERED to train himself even harder with the phisios after the regular training session.

hard work, putting the team first, natural pace and a will to win which  speedy has

sabre ,  alot of so called fans now get there opinions from there girlfriends, the back pages of st!te newspapers and a bloke down the pub, so let them mention hair all they like mate they are plebs

people even questioned gerrards commitment at the start of the year because every one likes a scape goat

Good points mate but at the same time none of our players are above criticism. As long as it's well thought out and constructive.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:49 pm

redmikey wrote:

condescending and rude !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Haven't had much of a chance to see any of the lads play recently, let alone Gonzalez (stupid Canadian tv) so I'll reserve comment.  I would like to say, though, that some of you might show Sabre a bit more respect.  Our Basque friend knows his football and has had more opportunity than most of us to see Gonzales play on a weekly basis over the past year.  If Sabre's convinced he's got more in his locker than what he's shown in Red thus far, I'm prepared to be persuaded. :nod
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:34 pm

Bah. You don't show too much respect between you, I'm just another one, I don't need an extra dosis of respect.

I do ask though, that every player on a red shirt should have a decent amount of respect here. And while Stu's comment, right or wrong, stick to football, some comments doubting about Gonzo's commitment and making jokes about the hair do not show a proper respect. Stick to footie.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion