Mark gonzalez - Failure or there's still hope

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Says the man who latched onto Nigel Worthington's opinion and slagged me for not agreeing with that... priceless... :laugh:

actually no, i was giving examples of the fact that i wasn't the only guy who didin't rate Fowler.

and now Rafa agrees with me!  :D

Rafa said he was the best finisher at the club, hardly a statement to suggest he doesnt rate him.
Just admit you got that one wrong, Robbie can still do it, and proved it last season, and in the little time he has played this season.

3 goals in 13 league games and ALL OF THEM were from the spot. He's not good enough and shouldn't be given an extended contract.

This is a Gonzalez thread so this is the last is the last i will say on this.
How mant starts has he had, and how many goals ?
How many goals per minutes on the pitch does he have.
The only reason its not worth giving him a new contract is because Rafa is underusing him.
If it was based on ability or chances converted then he would be sticking around for much much longer.

YOU WERE WRONG, Get over it.

Ace, don't fall into that trap mate. I done that. He's never been to a Liverpool game in his life and if you look at all his "arguements" they consist of... wheres his 25 goals? Or, he's to slow, or he's not upto it...

He can't back up anything he says as he hasn't got an ounce knowledge of the game/vocabulary to write down his thoughts. I'm not quite decided on which one it is yet. :D

We both know the score at the end of the day.

Whats even more funny, he slags off Fowler's goalscoring record... :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Right I've got the moderator hat on now and this is a warning to both Stu and Kewell here, not in PM but out in the open so theres no secret agendas. STOP HIJACKING THREAD AFTER THREAD WITH YOUR OPINIONS ON FOWLER!! I know I was guilty of joining in on the Mascherano thread but leave it out. Start a Fowler thread FFS if you just want to abuse each other.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MARK GONZALES.

My opinion FWIW is that he seems to have quite a good shot. I also think that if somebody comes in over the Summer and offers us some money for him we should take it, quickly.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:08 pm

bigmick wrote:Right I've got the moderator hat on now and this is a warning to both Stu and Kewell here, not in PM but out in the open so theres no secret agendas. STOP HIJACKING THREAD AFTER THREAD WITH YOUR OPINIONS ON FOWLER!! I know I was guilty of joining in on the Mascherano thread but leave it out. Start a Fowler thread FFS if you just want to abuse each other.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MARK GONZALES.

My opinion FWIW is that he seems to have quite a good shot. I also think that if somebody comes in over the Summer and offers us some money for him we should take it, quickly.

nice swift change of subject there mick :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:14 pm

stmichael wrote:nice swift change of subject there mick :D

:D Yeah I'm not getting heavy with either of 'em St, it's not my style. They can slag each other till the cows come home for all I care just as long as they start a Fowler thread and do it in there.
Like I said, there's been no bookings it's just like the ref pulling them to one side and having a quiet word in their shell-like.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:16 pm

Gonzalez is shite!

Simple.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:40 am

To sum up, IMO he is not good enough, especially in this league. I like the kid but there is no room for sentiment and as bigmick said, if a decent offer comes in in the Summer we should get rid. Of our two much talked baout wingers, Pennant is definitely the one to keep. He's got talent and if he sorts his mental issues out then I think we have an excellent player on our hands.   

Gonzo I think will be given one more season by Rafa though, I hope he proves us all wrong. He's got a lot of work to do in the sumemr if that's going to be the case.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 am

Haven't been too impressed with Gonazalez so far, probably because of all the hype. Still, I would give him a chance to improve. Past few games, he has been showing signs of improvement, and he is only 22. But if indeed Rafa has been given 40M pounds to spend, then I would worry if I was him. We have a large enough squad already, and any first class acquisitions will need to be followed by some not quite first grade clearouts.
alxy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion