Interview with: - Mark gonzalez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby martygogo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:42 pm

RedBlood wrote:mattygogo   ur a bell-end if u really beleive that

i really believe,what?? exactly?
martygogo

Postby RedBlood » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:43 am

you said gonalez is one of the worst players we have had for 9 years and he's rubbish

that is why i think ur a bell-end
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:57 am

red37 wrote:
STR_18 wrote:
red37 wrote:MG although only on for a short period (and despite his well taken free-kick) today. Has started to adopt the 'look' he had about him, when he went on that confidence inspiring run late on for RS. At least he appears to have come to terms with his 'lot' a little better.  Despite not exactly setting any fires recently, both his general demeanor and his overall efficacy would appear to have had a much needed boost from somewhere. This can only bode well for the future and im certain he is about to enjoy a similar 'purple' patch in the upcoming weeks. Not by a long chalk is he yet firing at more than 60-70% capacity of his potential....but at least he seems to have the reconciliation of a man intent on seeing his mission through, of which im in no doubt as to the eventuality of which, finding its successful conclusion before the seasons end. Perhaps the uncertainty surrounding Kewell's future at the club has helped his 'settling' in process coming to fruition (almost) by way of the undoubted opportunity the lad would be a fool to fail to capitalise on during the blighted Aussie's abscence...'out of sight-out of mind.....' and all.  It certainly presents itself as a real chance to gain a foothold of concrete proportions. A decent 'muscle strengthening' programme, down at the gym, along with a continuous path clear of injury. Even allowing for a fit Harry Kewell's return, id suspect, provided things go to plan. is all thats required i feel for Mark gonzalez to finally 'arrive' at Liverpool, almost 2 years after his announced capture. Lets hope so.

Yes what a wonderfull idea, lets bulk him up and make him stronger and he'll lose pace, agility and balance.

Brilliant thinking. So clever. I mean his pace isn't that much of an asset is it really...

:no

Im almost certain you can distinguish a difference between 'Strengthening power' as opposed to where 'gaining mass' is concerned.   Iam not discussing the merits of skeleto/muscular hypertrophy through progressive overload here. What i did suggest was a 'strengthening' regimen designed to maximise the existing structures already in place.  Stronger muscles improve posture, provide better support and vitally reduce the risk of injury which is quite apart from the field of Bodybuilding and its perceived theories, which is where you appear to have been misled Stu. There is a significant difference, when discussing the benefits to a sports athlete who relies on acceleration/pace etc..(look at your average runner- they arent the size of a house- all of them will do some form of this exercise)  OK thats an ambiguous analogy, though in any case im sure the club already employs such programmes in training.  The same requirements were levelled at the likes of Garcia/Agger etc... it seems to have done little to affect them detrimentally, they certainly havn't suddenly developed extremes.  Look how often Bellamy 'shields' himself from defenders and is usually able to retain possession, he isnt a man-mountain either. Yet has kept all his full attributes intact.  Besides, im sure you knew exactly what i meant, you're being a bit pedantic if you ask me.

Gonzalez acquiring increased 'strength' has more to do with the ease with which he either fails to hold onto, or is knocked off - the ball. It has nothing to do with bulking him up...there is a difference up to a point where, clearly 'overdoing' it will add to the overall weight of his muscles.  Im on about him 'toning' them further - ie upping their O2 recycling capabilities rather than any protein/carbohydrate retention, or the increased weight of them at least. Then again, there are cases of players built like an ox, still retaining their full compliment of  both 'pace and balance'... to say nothing of stamina and anaerobic fitness as a result. All factors equally as requisite in making a successful player in the Premier league. In the fever pitch rough and tumble of the English game, you need to be both stronger and resilient. This is a key area for improvement in MG's game. Not so much of an asset, more of a requisite id suggest.

Excellent post.  You can bulk up and still be fast!

Look at every 100m sprinter

I agree, a bit more meat on the lad would more than likely prepare him for the Premiership
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby red37 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:23 pm

i also feel its only right that he rejoins his national squad in order for the developing process to be helped along. (despite the ambiguous manner with which his departure came about) Any young, ambitious player regards playing for his National side a worthy marker of note.  Gonzalez wont be any different.. the thought must have been preying on his mind that the opportunity to appear on the world stage might never hold any reality for him after the somewhat acrimonious, if not altogether unnecessary fashion in which their ways became parted. The obvious 'bugbear' for Liverpool will be the time spent in transit between here and Chile/Rest of the globe during international duty and the required recovery needed, the reason why its a squad based game nowadays...  I nearly mentioned Harry Kewell then, but ill leave that discussion for another day.....if there is to be one!  Overall though im made up for 'Speedy' and it will be a triumphant day when he progresses up to the standard of first team definate, along with the likes of....Agger/Paletta/Carson/Martin/Lindfield/Roque/El Zhar/Hobbs/Hamill/Anderson/Peltier/Antwi/Sissoko/Guthrie etc etc.........you get the picture?  Rafa has quietly gone about amassing a decent support structure underneath the first team, one which will come to fruition at about the same time, hopefully - just dont tell Alan Hansen eh?                   The futures bright..the future is RED people   :buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:49 pm

an article from the offal today:

SPEEDY: THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM
Jimmy Rice 13 December 2006 

Liverpool winger Mark Gonzalez insists his 90th minute free-kick against Fulham was not a one-off. 
The Chilean hopes Saturday's corker will push him up the Anfield pecking order when it comes to dead-ball situations.

"I practice those kinds of free-kicks a lot," he said.

"When I was at Real Sociedad I took free-kicks from further out than where I was when I scored against Fulham.

"This goal was totally different, so I think it shows I'm improving if I can score from free-kicks in different ways."

Gonzalez returned to the Liverpool side last weekend following two weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

"It was really pleasing first of all to be fit again quicker than I thought, and secondly to be part of a good win on Saturday," he said.

"When I was injured I thought I'd be out for a bit longer than it's proved. To come back with a goal made me happy.

"It was frustrating for me to pick up an injury just at the moment I was playing continuously. I thought I was doing well, but now I have to start again.

"I think the second half of the season will be a lot better for me because I will have adjusted to England.

"It's normal for this to happen. Many things are expected from me which hasn't been easy to show straight away. I definitely will be different in the second part.

"I know what I can do and I have to have confidence in myself."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion