Mark gonzalez... - First impressions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Houllier=LFC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:53 pm

stmichael wrote:To be honest, he's very similar to Riise in that he has a hammer of a left foot, pace to burn but is not the archetypal left winger. From what I've seen he doesn't go to the line enough but he has fine touch and good skill, he's also decent in the air.

He's young but he's already had a serious knee injury if I'm not mistaken. I'll give him till christamas before making a decision on him.

Thats what i thought too, he is pretty similar to Riise from the past few games that i had seen. Powerful left foot, plenty of pace but too 1 dimensional with the running. Still waiting for him to make an impact, although im starting to miss kewell.
Houllier=LFC

Postby seandundee » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:22 pm

I also am starting to miss Kewell (luckily he may be back for the derby  :D so we may have a repeat of THAT goal). For me he will the 1st choice LW simply because of the form he showed last season and he knows the Premier League. I really hope speedy can do the business as well though because a great team needs a great squad and we waited so long to question him after 4 games
seandundee

Postby Raj_Xedos » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:55 pm

seandundee wrote:I also am starting to miss Kewell (luckily he may be back for the derby  :D so we may have a repeat of THAT goal). For me he will the 1st choice LW simply because of the form he showed last season and he knows the Premier League. I really hope speedy can do the business as well though because a great team needs a great squad and we waited so long to question him after 4 games

is harry injured??when is he due back??
Raj_Xedos

Postby PabloAimar » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:15 pm

he's not as technically good as kewell... i'd pick kewell everytime
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:23 pm

PabloAimar wrote:he's not as technically good as kewell... i'd pick kewell everytime

Give him a chance, he's only been here 5 minutes. He'll come good.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby joko » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:27 pm

kewell is good, but he won't be better, and he's an injury prone
mark still lotsa space to explore, and he works harder than kewell IMO, and also more pacy

kewell when being at his best is better, but he's rarely being at his best

so i choose gonzales
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Varekai » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:18 pm

Hello liverpool fans!

I'm from chile so i've seen Mark playing for a while now, and I just want to say that you have yet to see the best of him. His teammates need to "use" him in the right way, though. He wont be really dangerous if he has to dribble too much..

anyways, i just noticed my soccer vocabulary is not long enough to tell you more about him ahahha :D
Last edited by Varekai on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varekai

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:23 pm

He wasn't at his best today but he did have one bursting run that showed a good deal of promise.  He picked up the ball around the halfway line with a West Ham player in pursuit and looking odds on to track him back and then Gonzales turned on the jets and glided away.

More of that, young Mark, and less passing the ball straight to opponents in your own half, if you please! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:09 pm

I haven't seen enough of Mark to make a judgement, he is showing signs that he will be a good player for us, but I'm not getting carried, they are just signs at the moment. It will be interesting to see who will get more games out of Mark and a fully fit Harry Kewell.
48-1119859832

Postby 5 stars » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:55 pm

I remember watching Mark Gonzales play against Madrid last season. That performance really opened my eyes, he is a class act. It will be interesting to see him in 3-4 months, when he has had time to get used to the Preimership. :D
5 stars

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:17 pm

cant pass judgement on him far too early probley by half way through the season he should be showing signs of settleing in but what i have seen of him hes not doing to badly....
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimenez » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:55 pm

I've seen Mark play in Universidad Catolica, Albacete and Sociedad. In my opinion he's been kind of lackluster in Liverpool. He played pretty good against Maccabi Haifa and Lincoln City, but other than that, he hasn't impressed me too much. Mark CAN do better than that. But I think he will get used to the premiership in a few months time.

For now though, Kewell should be in the starting 11, no doubt. And this is coming from a chilean BTW.
Jimenez

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Gonzalez looks really nervous on the ball at present ... I think he wants to impress so much its affecting his game, Give him a month to settle in and we'll have a world beater on our hands!
*_Ruthless_*

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion