LOSING THE FAITH

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun May 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Joe Allen is the new Le Tallac
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Joe Allen is utter ***** and way out his depth.  Midtable fodder suited to the likes of Swansea, West Ham, Bitters etc
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 17, 2015 8:49 pm

i wouldn't call Joe Allen utter shyte but we do need a serious upgrade in the centre of the park, the likes of Henderson, Milner, Allen and Lucas aren't going to be a good enough MF unit to get us back into the top 4.
Never mind the top sides I'd argue that the likes of Southampton (Schneiderlin, Wanyama etc), Everton (Barkley, McCarthy etc) and Spurs (Dembele, Mason etc) have better CM's than us, even with Milner.
No matter how good your flair players are they cant do much if they are spending most of the game chasing the ball, you need to give them a platform to play from.
If we start next season with those 4 as our midfielders then don't bother getting your hopes up. The season will be over before it starts.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 17, 2015 9:59 pm

I just don't get Allen as a player at all. What exactly does he excel at? It's as though some random has been plucked out of the crowd and given a shirt to make the 11 because every one else is injured.

Water carrier and midtable and below standard of player at beat. Sick of seeing these sub standard jokers turning out in our kit. Half of our summers work is going to be trying too get rid of clowns like Allen, Balotelli etc.  I'd add Lovren to the list as well.  Sometimes looks like he is playing the game for the first time. £20M for the oa,  what an absolute joke
Doeboy

Postby mramo » Thu May 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sun May 17, 2015 5:23 pm wrote:Joe Allen is the new Le Tallac

Dundreamin, were you assigned into this group as director of randomness??
mramo

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri May 22, 2015 3:25 am

Mramo how did you know? Have you got Physic abilities
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri May 22, 2015 6:07 pm

I know its G Neville, but he has hit the nail on the head in this article...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 am

Doeboy » Fri May 22, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:I know its G Neville, but he has hit the nail on the head in this article...

He makes some good points and some sh'it ones. The thing is, will just changing the manager make the difference he is talking about?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 9:07 am

Thommo's perm » Sat May 23, 2015 7:02 am wrote:
Doeboy » Fri May 22, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:I know its G Neville, but he has hit the nail on the head in this article...

He makes some good points and some sh'it ones. The thing is, will just changing the manager make the difference he is talking about?
???

Chelsea and City just got lucky, Chelsea were minutes away from going bust when Abramovitch took them over, that's how well run they were, and City were perennial relegation dodgers.
In a way United got lucky too, from the 1880's to the 1980's they had won a grand total of 7 league titles and they were incredibly fortunate to enter the most successful period of their 100 year history just as money flooded into the game.
You can't legislate for that, you can't just say oh there's money in the game now so we'll be successful, it doesn't work like that. Every club is trying to be successful all the time, they just got lucky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 24, 2015 1:33 pm

We have been also ran's for a very long time now and by that I mean top clubs compete for the league EVERY year and sign BIG players
EVERY window.

I will always maintain the football club started to slide when it sold to G & H, a big mistake and then to FSG, another error.

If we had got the initial ownership right I believe we would be in a very different place now and furthermore FSG was the wrong selection the
second time around, safe hands but not enough ambition or financial muscle to feed the desire at this football club.

Until we are sold again and GET IT RIGHT we may as well forget it, same mediocre shyte every season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 pm

parchpea » Sun May 24, 2015 12:33 pm wrote:We have been also ran's for a very long time now and by that I mean top clubs compete for the league EVERY year and sign BIG players
EVERY window.

I will always maintain the football club started to slide when it sold to G & H, a big mistake and then to FSG, another error.

If we had got the initial ownership right I believe we would be in a very different place now and furthermore FSG was the wrong selection the
second time around, safe hands but not enough ambition or financial muscle to feed the desire at this football club.

Until we are sold again and GET IT RIGHT we may as well forget it, same mediocre shyte every season.

Spot on captain
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 pm

The only 'mistake' we made was not finding some oil soaked arab or russian to buy us. Our owners are normal, not a corrupt oligarch or a silver spoon arab with an obscene amount of oil money falling out of their pockets like small change. In that respect, our owners are clean, what you're asking is we go find moraless money men with dark secrets to hide. No thanks, thats not the Liverpool Way.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 4:36 pm

This lad's worked up a head of steam:  https://twitter.com/michaeltnevin
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sun May 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 2:24 pm wrote:The only 'mistake' we made was not finding some oil soaked arab or russian to buy us. Our owners are normal, not a corrupt oligarch or a silver spoon arab with an obscene amount of oil money falling out of their pockets like small change. In that respect, our owners are clean, what you're asking is we go find moraless money men with dark secrets to hide. No thanks, thats not the Liverpool Way.

Such a pity they hired the wrong guy. :(
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Bermenstein » Sun May 24, 2015 3:47 pm wrote:
Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 2:24 pm wrote:The only 'mistake' we made was not finding some oil soaked arab or russian to buy us. Our owners are normal, not a corrupt oligarch or a silver spoon arab with an obscene amount of oil money falling out of their pockets like small change. In that respect, our owners are clean, what you're asking is we go find moraless money men with dark secrets to hide. No thanks, thats not the Liverpool Way.

Such a pity they hired the wrong guy. :(

I'll get started typing my 180 page dossier as we speak...time to get a new bird and cleaned up my teeth. I'll be taking over next  :rasp
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion