This "blip" we're having - Keep the faith

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:00 pm

Fair points Bigmick and Woof..

The system we now play basically revolves around Crouch being in the side because of his skills at retaining the ball. So in that sense it's more important to have his style of player rather than Owen, but my point is solely that with Michael Owen playing next to him we would have another dimension.

I dont think you can argue that, yes with Owen next to Crouch we'd have an extra option, one that will score goals. While I remain to be convinced about Owen the man (thats another discussion though) he would undoubtedly be exactly the sort of player required. But like Woof says, what worries me about Owen, is his fitness. Do we want to spend 12m on a player we know will miss part of a season ? Maybe I shouldn't worry about that and just look at his scoring ability, but after all the ho ha about Owen and the regularity with which his name is mentioned in connection with us here, it remains true that he has so far played just 10 games for Newcastle and that for the next few months he wont be of any use to anyone. Do we want to spend all that money on a player who may miss half the season ?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby al fan since sixties » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:57 pm

The only problem as we all know is scoring regularly; the defence and midfield are comparible to with anything in Europe. Let's just hope Rafa conjures up a system where we can kick-start the forwards scoring again.

Remember in 95% of our games this season we have been the better team; that includes our two recent games against Man Utd and Chelsea.

YNWA
al fan since sixties

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion