Help me - Trying to find the faith

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:13 pm

as some on here know i have been finding it hard to trust old RB over the last year but when we won Champions League i posted that he was a great european manager but needed to shape up in the Premiership but i was sure he would look back on last year and see were he got it wrong.

but it looks like he has not, i need you to give me a kick up the *** and tell me it all going to be all right and he is doing the right thing in buy the spanish players, and that we will do better in the Premiership than last year and we will stop playing 1 up front and 5 in midfield, and that this year he will take the FA cup seriously.
I ask you for you help, i am now 33years of age i had to give up my season ticket a few years ago due to work(I was just better to give it up to some that could make all the games)

We are still a great team....but help me
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:19 pm

lakes10 wrote:as some on here know i have been finding it hard to trust old RB over the last year but when we won Champions League i posted that he was a great european manager but needed to shape up in the Premiership but i was sure he would look back on last year and see were he got it wrong.

but it looks like he has not, i need you to give me a kick up the *** and tell me it all going to be all right and he is doing the right thing in buy the spanish players, and that we will do better in the Premiership than last year and we will stop playing 1 up front and 5 in midfield, and that this year he will take the FA cup seriously.
I ask you for you help, i am now 33years of age i had to give up my season ticket a few years ago due to work(I was just better to give it up to some that could make all the games)

Lakes we've played 2 premiership games this season and we have 4 points

Tommorow we are odds on to reach the group stage of the Chamions League, as reigning champions

Steven Gerrard has committed his future to the club

Cheer up fella :Oo:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:20 pm

Woollyback you make a good point but when i look at man u  and the and that russian blue team it just gets to me
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:24 pm

lakes10 wrote:Woollyback you make a good point but when i look at man u  and the and that russian blue team it just gets to me

you and me both but the only way is up, think about how the sh!te felt all the way through the 80's when they couldn't even come close to us, then look what happened in the 90's

Look at what Benitez achieved in La Liga (arguably the best league in the world) with a tiny fraction of Madrid's megabucks

chin up mate :nod
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:27 pm

A few of us will be concerned if the strikers we have dont start scoring, and if Baros is not replaced.
but what you have to remember is chelsea played all last season with one upfront, chelsea have won there last 2 games 1-0, as did the bitters last season all 1-0, a lot of teams in the prem are doing the same now.
I would prefer 2 upfront at home we all would, but we havent got a right winger yet so rafa had no choice really other than play Luis or Cisse on the wing, but hopefully we will get one this week and pongolle can rotate there.
We conceded an awful lot of goals last season and so far we havent been beaten(touch wood).
Last season we where complaining about clean sheets, well so far so good, we should all be very happy that other teams are not getting shots on goal, ok we havent played anyone to cause us real danger yet, but its looking better than last season in that department.

If we get a classy right winger in, Kewell comes back from Portugal fully recovered, Cisse, Morientes and crouch, maybe Owen or Kuijt are brought in and start finding the back of the net.
And 2 defenders.
We will be a better team than last season and certainly a better one than we have seen for the last 5 years.
You have to crawl before for you can walk, and I am sure rafa will get it right in the end.
Keep the faith first trophey of the season on friday :;):  carra as captain to lift it :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:28 pm

thats even a better point, one of the best games i was ever at was the 9-0 CP game, i rember standing in the kop thinking it just dont get better thab=n this, somtimes i feel that on that night liverpool hit the top and it was going to be all down hill from there on. but we are eropean champions again now
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:30 pm

first trophey of the season on friday ....that will be so good, thanks
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:34 pm

"GOING OFF TO BED DREAMING OF 9-0 victories "
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:38 pm

there you go lakes, you can go to bed happy now, like you've just had a cup of cocoa and been tucked in by your ma :;):

el futuro es brillante, el futuro es rojo :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:38 pm

lakes10 wrote:"GOING OFF TO BED DREAMING OF 9-0 victories "

:D I think youve drowned your sorrows over Milan leavin meself lakes :nod
No more spanish players will be bought by the transfer deadline, rafa will buy what he thinks is best for the club, he hasnt won 2 european compititions or two la ligas for nothing you know :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Lakes we've played 2 premiership games this season and we have 4 points

You may also want to point out that is 1 more than another title challenger by the name of arsenal.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red or dead » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:47 pm

i was at that 9-0 game what clinical finishing, thats what is missing now we are making the chances but cannot put a few more in to finish these teams off
red or dead

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:48 pm

Mate don't get down, Rafa has it in control, he's starting to mould the team into his own and I'm sure come October we'll see the team doing the business, look at Man U teams of the past, they have always started slow but been uo their from December - May :;):

Don't worry mate Rafa will bring the good times back in the EPL :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:58 pm

[quote] We are still a great team....but help me

youve just said it lakes, you dont need help..... you just need to go back to around half eight 25/05/2005.  then remember how shitty life felt...................remember how you couldnt face all the mancs/the bitters/ the chelski's next day at work... :(

then, count forward about half an hour.......................................................see  :)

im in my thirties too. ive been there through 99% of it with yer....and i always will be there with you and all the rest of us.

that night all of us grew up from our dusty memories and in someways you know its almost like we HAD to suffer that bittersweet night in order to exorcise the old ways we were so very used to.

its needed a leap of faith by all of us to come to terms with modern liverpool football club, the ups the downs......the changes, the new stadium etc... and its all bewildering stuff.

but if you encapsulate those giant sized emotions of istanbul. and hold on to the SPIRIT of them, and use that when times WILL get hard. then i dont think lakes you could ever possibly doubt ANYTHING                                                         :)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:06 am

red37 wrote:

youve just said it lakes, you dont need help..... you just need to go back to around half eight 25/05/2005.  then remember how shitty life felt...................remember how you couldnt face all the mancs/the bitters/ the chelski's next day at work... :(

then, count forward about half an hour.......................................................see  :)

im in my thirties too. ive been there through 99% of it with yer....and i always will be there with you and all the rest of us.

that night all of us grew up from our dusty memories and in someways you know its almost like we HAD to suffer that bittersweet night in order to exorcise the old ways we were so very used to.

its needed a leap of faith by all of us to come to terms with modern liverpool football club, the ups the downs......the changes, the new stadium etc... and its all bewildering stuff.

but if you encapsulate those giant sized emotions of istanbul. and hold on to the SPIRIT of them, and use that when times WILL get hard. then i dont think lakes you could ever possibly doubt ANYTHING                                                         :)

Good post mate, thats what I like to see, thats what makes our fans/club so special, were not fickle like a lot of the other clubs and always back our team.

:bowdown
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion