LOSING THE FAITH

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 am

Dundreamin is back » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:11 am wrote:When I started this thread, I must admit I felt a bit guilty that I was putting the boot into the club I have loved since I could remember. In the back of my mind there was a little hope that things would change for the better before the end of the season.

Am afraid I was clutching at straws. after tonight's debacle any faith I have left has truly gone. So who's to blame for this? FSG, maybe but I remember when they bought us I was so happy because was were heading for total meltdown and possibly administration due to them 2 legalised gangsters, who I hope they both die a very slow and panics death KARMA.

So I think FSG after saving us, don't have a clue to how a English football club is run. They are partly to blame. Rodgers YES this Billy bulls.iter after getting lucky last season he thought he was untouchable. This season he has been found out and basically he is well out of his depth 22 million spent in the summer on WHAT?

The player's YES apart from Gerrard, Coutiniho and Sturridge are a bunch of overrated, overpaid useless b.astards. Something is seriously wrong when a 20 year old thinks he can hold the club to ransom after being offered 100k a week is taking the proverbial. If it was up to me I would put him in the Ressies until the summer and sell him to the highest bidder he won't be missed. The rest of them must have no self respect whatsoever. And the next time I hear "I was a boyhood LFC fan" bulls.hit I will scream. Shankly must be turning in his grave

It's hard not to feel down mate, especially after the recent result to Hull.

The crazy thing is that in all of this we can still salvage something in the following transfer window.

As Reg and Yakka have mentioned it really will only take 3-4 genuine world class players to turn the ship around and make us a force again.

Imagine if we bring in a superstar CM to replace Gerrard and/or a superstar ST to bang in 20-30 goals for us next season.  Immediately our starting XI and spine will improve and we will have actually have a chance of beating any of the top 4 when we play them.

The problem is that we have a lot of factors that are currently stopping us from doing this. Whether it's Rodger's inexperience and profile, Ayre's ineptitude, our owner's reluctance on investing their own money into the squad or a virus the Mancs uploaded onto the transfer committee's computer none of us clearly know where the road blockers are. All we know is that it has gone t.i.ts up and it needs to be rectified. Quickly.

The great thing about this club is that we don't settle for mediocrity, bs artists or swindlers. Rodgers is on borrowed time and must only have a few weeks left now. And don't you worry if we stagnate again over the next season or two, the wheels of discontent will slowly start turning towards Henry and Werner. There won't be enough profit and loss statements, sustainability reports or moneyball books in the world to save them from getting their collective ar.s.es booted back across the pond.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:14 am

eds » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:32 am wrote:The problem is that we have a lot of factors that are currently stopping us from doing this. Whether it's Rodger's inexperience and profile, Ayre's ineptitude, our owner's reluctance on investing their own money into the squad or a virus the Mancs uploaded onto the transfer committee's computer none of us clearly know where the road blockers are. All we know is that it has gone t.i.ts up and it needs to be rectified. Quickly.

The great thing about this club is that we don't settle for mediocrity, bs artists or swindlers. Rodgers is on borrowed time and must only have a few weeks left now. And don't you worry if we stagnate again over the next season or two, the wheels of discontent will slowly start turning towards Henry and Werner. There won't be enough profit and loss statements, sustainability reports or moneyball books in the world to save them from getting their collective ar.s.es booted back across the pond.

If I was the owner - whoever that person is because John Henry is only a part owner, I'd do the following:

1. The owners need to redefine what is required to run a CL winning club. I'd commission a study by a top sports pro and focus on what Chelsea, Ure and Citeh are doing that we don't. No rocket science there.

2. I'd put Apollo 13 up the transfer committee's arzes because their decision not to replace Suarez has been massively wrong in terms of momentum, income and reputation.

3. Ayres. The scourge of Rafa. If he's a good commercial manager, keep him. Take away his input on the football side. John Smith never claimed to know a football from a billiard ball and it should be kept that way. Sign the cheques.

4. BR. Assuming the Suarez spending was not his direct decision, give him a good dressing down for his inability to motivate the team and get him to STFU. If we don't replace SG then next season is his last any way (fired or resigns). Ferguson was in the same position and he turned it round. Put him on 12 months notice. Remember, Rafa rotated, played lads out of position and did a lot of spookie stuff - BR is cleaner in that respect.

Failing that, if the club thinks the problems were sufficiently BR's fault to sack him, bring in Rafa on a two year deal to settle the ship whilst making the club a more attractive prospect for a top drawer manager. Personally I would like to see this because I don't think BR has the character to dominate the way Rafa did. Rafa carried the fans, BR seems to have some kind of invisible barrier round him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:03 am

Right at this moment Rodgers is in a no win situation. This has been caused partly by himself, the owners, the players, Ayre, the officials and luck.
He is damned if he doesnt and damned if he does. He played Gerrard last week when he shouldnt have and didnt play him last night when he should. He plays Stirling and Balotelli when he shouldnt, but if he didnt he would be accused of not playing his best players. He has maneuvered himself into this position through his actions and words and he is in for one hell of a bumpy ride with these last few games if they play as bad as they have been and he carries on with the bullsh'it talk.
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:45 am

Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:Obviously most of the players have skills. We know this because we have seen them at various times through the season, although not always together at the same time.
It looks like the manager has lost the players as there was nothing on that pitch tonight, no heart, no belief, no passion, no balls. I cant wait for the season to end now and hopefully when Gerrard, Balotelli, Johnson and Stirling are gone he will be able to mould his own team who believe in him.
At the moment they dont give a shiny sh'ite
:no

So what thommo ? let him have a another fortune and replace a whole team again ? Would you be really comfortable with him being charged with getting better players than what he has ?.

All he will build here is a team full of people who should not be here, More allens, lllama's, lamberts and borini's because thats what buys into his bullshyte. No top players do and thats proven by his inability to attract one in 3 years. Even his words about getting quality in this summer is hollow just like they were this time last year and all we ended up getting is a ball of excuses.

All the players he has signed have been slowly seeping into that team and lowering the quality down and thats why he is still playing players who won't be here next season. Those 4 you mentioned will be replaced and we will be weaker for it and all you will be listening to is, next year  :nod

Replace a whole team just so he can do it all again  :laugh:  The only thing he should be getting is his P45  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:48 am

eds » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 am wrote:

This  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 pm

If I was a member of FSG on the board I would be very reluctant to let Rodgers spend £20 let alone £20 million. It's like giving your missus your credit card last summer because she made you feel fantastic last April (Ooh Matron) then she proceeds to max your card out at Lidi and poundland on absolute s.*i*e when she could of gone to M&S and bought quality even though there would be a less amount. Now it's April again and the missus not being daft starts to be very nice again.

Don't fall for it, tell her you've got a headache, AIDS anything cut your card up.Just say NO
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Dundreamin is back » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:00 pm wrote:If I was a member of FSG on the board I would be very reluctant to let Rodgers spend £20 let alone £20 million. It's like giving your missus your credit card last summer because she made you feel fantastic last April (Ooh Matron) then she proceeds to max your card out at Lidi and poundland on absolute s.*i*e when she could of gone to M&S and bought quality even though there would be a less amount. Now it's April again and the missus not being daft starts to be very nice again.

Don't fall for it, tell her you've got a headache, AIDS anything cut your card up.Just say NO

It's JUST like that :nod
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Been supporting LFC since as a 7 year old my Dad took me to a game on a thoroughly cold and wet November Saturday afternoon in 1954, a day that I've never forgotten.

Ironically it was against Hull and we won 2-1.

I say "Ironically" as last night against Hull for the first time EVER in 61 years following and suporting this magnificent institution from CL finals in Europe too World Club Cup finals in Japan I made no attempt to view the match or even check on the result.

Watched a bit of TV and went to bed at around 10pm , couldn't be arsed too find out how we got on, figured I already knew it would spoil a good nights sleep.

Been through a lot with this club, as have many others in here, but personally I don't think I've ever viewed our future as bleak as I see it now.

I've never felt completely comfortable about our future since Rafa's departure but this season in particular has got me afraid that unless we quickly sort things out we could eventually end up as a Leeds (league champs) or a Notts Forest (league and CL champs). I still remember (with relish) seeing even Man Utd being demoted to the second tier.

Despite our "history" if clubs of the pedigree mentioned above can "fail"  we shouldn't assume that under the present "leadership" (management and owners) it could never happen to us.

Doom and gloom I know, I guess you could say that after all this time I am finally "Losing Faith" .     :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Feel Totally the same way Woof. What we are watching now is abysmal. Woeful defence, NO HEART and clueless in the final third its the most frustrating Liverpool side ive ever seen.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

68!??? Feck me, I thought you were like 45 or something!! You really are an arl fart!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:44 pm

fivecups » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 pm wrote:68!??? Feck me, I thought you were like 45 or something!! You really are an arl fart!!

I thought he was well older than that!
:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 am

I think many fans are being a bit too dramatic. We've had a poor season and fair enough, many will call for the manager's head as a result of that. To be perfectly honest, I'd much rather we drop from the Europa league spots than have to compete in that rubbish competition especially given the fact we'll most probably not put in an effort to win it.

I think Rodgers will get another season (if I was the owner, I'd only sack him if a fantastic manager was available and willing to join), and I think how next season will pan out will be decided before a ball is kicked with our transfer dealings in the summer.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:22 am

aCe' » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 am wrote:I think many fans are being a bit too dramatic. We've had a poor season and fair enough, many will call for the manager's head as a result of that. To be perfectly honest, I'd much rather we drop from the Europa league spots than have to compete in that rubbish competition especially given the fact we'll most probably not put in an effort to win it.

I think Rodgers will get another season (if I was the owner, I'd only sack him if a fantastic manager was available and willing to join), and I think how next season will pan out will be decided before a ball is kicked with our transfer dealings in the summer.

The fan's that want him kept Ace are being a bit deluded and hanging on to some notion that everything will be corrected in the summer. None of his signings are working out, they don't even suit what it is he say's he wants to do. He will also have plenty of excuses when what he does buy goes the same way as his previous ones.

Seriously a 7th place finish ?    Thats not acceptable even though the europa league is a distraction. If he moves us up one place given the resources he has had then its complete failure and he should get the DCM.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:41 am

fivecups » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm wrote:68!??? Feck me, I thought you were like 45 or something!! You really are an arl fart!!

its dog years, don't forget

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 am

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:22 am wrote:
aCe' » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 am wrote:I think many fans are being a bit too dramatic. We've had a poor season and fair enough, many will call for the manager's head as a result of that. To be perfectly honest, I'd much rather we drop from the Europa league spots than have to compete in that rubbish competition especially given the fact we'll most probably not put in an effort to win it.

The fan's that want him kept Ace are being a bit deluded and hanging on to some notion that everything will be corrected in the summer. None of his signings are working out, they don't even suit what it is he say's he wants to do. He will also have plenty of excuses when what he does buy goes the same way as his previous ones.

Seriously a 7th place finish ?    Thats not acceptable even though the europa league is a distraction. If he moves us up one place given the resources he has had then its complete failure and he should get the DCM.

It's not 1975 anymore mate it's 2015 so I don't know why you keep going on about Rodgers's signings as if he has complete control over our transfer policy. He doesn't, Kenny didn't and the next man in won't either.
As Rodgers said himself the other day FSG have a way of working that has brought them a lot of success in a lot of ventures (both sporting and business) and they aren't going to change their approach for anyone.
Who knows, they could be right, mathematical models work in a lot of other instances so maybe in a few years time we will have a great side on our hands but I have to say I am sceptical myself.
I tend to agree with the last line of Ace's post, I think you basically know how a season is going to pan out by the business you do in the summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion