LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:14 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Well, I just stomached a Manc forum long enough to get a sense of their probable line-up.  In fact, given the general consensus in Manc-land, it seems like we'll have a much better chance predicting their team than our own. :D  We will probably face these on Sunday:

Van Der Sar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Anderson
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

Lots of danger there, of course, so our defense will need to be air tight.  I think there's an opportunity to boss the centre of the park and get Torres into dangerous positions.  Starting to really look forward to this one! :nod

I will be very surprised (and delighted ) if thats the team they put out this weekend. I would have expected either Fletcher or Carrick in to bolster their midfield.

I think the mancs would willingly accept a draw this weekend, as obviously a draw will be much more of a blow to us than them.

I agree, they usually throw in the heel kickers for the big games, where they know they are likely to be outplayed. I expect two of Fletcher, Carrick, Hargreaves to play.
They'd love a draw.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:51 pm

dont underestimate anderson here fellas. he is not afraid in getting stuck in and has superb vision.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:48 pm

in all honestly man utd have a better team than us

we need to work extra hard to beat them, i really hope we do but it will be tight and i hope we are clinical
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:02 am

I think Man Utd will "sit back" and defend, they will play counter attack. We have to take the game to them.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:45 am

LittleHobo wrote:in all honestly man utd have a better team than us

we need to work extra hard to beat them, i really hope we do but it will be tight and i hope we are clinical

I disagree. We have a better keeper (reina), we have better defenders (Carragher, Agger, Finnan), we have world class midfielders (Mascherano, Gerrard, Alonso) and Torres ! Whoever plays up front with Torres will look effective. United have decent individuals but a few times this season they havent looked a better team than us.
4-1 Liverpool.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:11 am

I cant wait for this game! bring 'em on!
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:15 am

I agree with  Kharhaz, but it's not about who has the better player , it's about how well they work together as a team.  I would say both teams right now are about on the same level.  They rely on Shrek and Ronaldo to get them results and we rely on Torres and Gerrard.  But I am very confident we will win on Sunday if we play like we did on Tuesday.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby lio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:31 am

To contain their strike force of Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo with Giggs is no bloody joke lets face it. Stopping them in their 'on' days, their opponents needed not a bus but two military tanks. Cos given tired and ageing legs defenders, they can go round go under a bus easily.

Therefore attacking them is the best form or defense. So please Rafa, don't mess around with a winning combo lineup that took Marseille by surprised inside the first few mins. A combo that did moved swiftly the ball up and scoring goals looking just like it was for fun. Yet our back four only got to stop at the middle of the field for quick response to counter attacks which will surely happen.
lio

Postby Rush Job » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:19 am

Kharhaz wrote:

I disagree. We have a better keeper (reina), we have better defenders (Carragher, Agger, Finnan), we have world class midfielders (Mascherano, Gerrard, Alonso) and Torres ! Whoever plays up front with Torres will look effective. United have decent individuals but a few times this season they havent looked a better team than us.
4-1 Liverpool.

If you really think 4~1 you should get a tenna on, havent checked the odds but if you do a scorecast ( with FPTS ) you would be looking at around the 500 mark. Going 3~1 Gerrard meself, pay's more than any other bar 4 and above. Best of luck lad eh. :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:31 am

Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

4-1 Liverpool.

If you really think 4~1 you should get a tenna on, havent checked the odds but if you do a scorecast ( with FPTS ) you would be looking at around the 500 mark. Going 3~1 Gerrard meself, pay's more than any other bar 4 and above. Best of luck lad eh. :)

Get paid tomorrow so i may just do that. Aside from ronaldo I really dont see any united player a threat as to what we have. Getting a result against us as long as rafa doesnt change the players position which i cant see happening, is unlikely. The new players are really getting an understanding with each other and the players that were already here are adapting well to the newbies. The last few champs league games have shown that when results are needed the team performs and rafa, when he is fielding his strongest formation and line up, are pretty damn impressive.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:38 am

Bad Bob wrote:Van Der Sar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Anderson
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

Lots of danger there, of course, so our defense will need to be air tight.  I think there's an opportunity to boss the centre of the park and get Torres into dangerous positions.  Starting to really look forward to this one! :nod

Kewell looks like he will be crucial for this game, as him vs. Brown might be our biggest miss match.  Sucks that Finnan wont play.  Looks like Xabi will be fit, but I would keep him on the bench, (wouldn't if he had played against Marseille). How much could Kuyt or Crouch offer to the team if we played two strikers?  Would it just be for the sake of not leaving Torres on an island? I know Kuyt offers a lot in the running around department, which might serve its use in a game like this one. I am now leaning slightly towards the St. Mick Babel up front against the Mancs conspiracy theory, or a 4-5-1 with Yossi supporting and Gerrard right and Lucas(maybe Xabi and Mascherano holding).  Who would you want at LB, knowing some of their main duty will be Ronaldo, Aurelio or Riise? I vote Aurelio.  I think with the two holding mids, Masch, can cheat to Ronaldo a bit more and help with when he cuts inside, ad well as disrupt Rooney AND/OR Tevez link up play.
JoeTerp

Postby mungi » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:14 am

whoeva is in the full back roles must do a vital job for us to win on sunday. they need to keep the ball when pissible and mark their wingers closely and not give any room. they also must push up when attacking so we can push their full backs and wingers back. this might sound crazy but my backline would be

masherano (rb) carra agger arbeloa
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:53 am

Just fuckin batter them and we will talk about it later.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:41 am

Old mother reilly 4th official fuckin great :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:11 am

carlos queros has admitted they need to stop Fernando torres.....

...i would love it if we beat them, love it i tell u, love it!
Raj_Xedos

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion