LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Im not sure we have enough to beat Manure. Im just a bit worried we'll come unstuck - hope im wrong though.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm

Lee J wrote:Im not sure we have enough to beat Manure. Im just a bit worried we'll come unstuck - hope im wrong though.

A bit of realism is needed on this site sometimes

Some people come on here saying "3 nil to us!" no matter who we're playing.

Im sure we'll give them the hardest game they've had this season, and the hardest game we've given them yet under
Rafa
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:41 pm

Lee J wrote:Im not sure we have enough to beat Manure. Im just a bit worried we'll come unstuck - hope im wrong though.

have you cut and paste that comment from last year lee ?

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Lets get the songs goin..

"Gary Neville sh*gs his ma
sh*gs his ma
sh*gs his ma
Gary Neville sh*gs his ma
and his sister"
burjennio

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:52 pm

I think we have more than enough to beat the mancs. Without being biased, we are as good as them now, although we still lack a couple of matchwinners to challenge for the title IMHO. I don't know if Scholes will be fit but without him they are in no way the same threat. If we manage to get the first goal (always important) I think we will win it comfortably. More importantly if Rafa will pick a balanced team rather than one of his improvised selections, I think we will finally show our true form against them and win well. I stick with my 3 -1 prediction.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:56 pm

s@int wrote:I think we have more than enough to beat the mancs. Without being biased, we are as good as them now, although we still lack a couple of matchwinners to challenge for the title IMHO. I don't know if Scholes will be fit but without him they are in no way the same threat. If we manage to get the first goal (always important) I think we will win it comfortably. More importantly if Rafa will pick a balanced team rather than one of his improvised selections, I think we will finally show our true form against them and win well. I stick with my 3 -1 prediction.

According to physioroom, the Mancs' injury list looks like this, mate:        
G Neville Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
P Scholes Knee Injury          2nd Feb 08
M Silvestre ACL Knee Injury Mar 08
B Foster ACL Knee Injury Feb 08
P Ji-Sung Knee Injury           1st Jan 08

It looks like the Ginga Ninja will not be playing! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ade » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Key for me is Masch and Stevie getting on top of Anderson and Carrick/Hargreaves.

Think Finnan, if fit, and Arbeloa are capable of negating Ronaldo and Giggs.

We've been close to beating this lot regularly, but since Owen left we've been let down by poor finishing. With Torres on song, we've got that edge now to finish em off. Can see Vidic getting a red as Nando rips his goofy mate to shreds
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:39 pm

s@int wrote:I think we have more than enough to beat the mancs. Without being biased, we are as good as them now, although we still lack a couple of matchwinners to challenge for the title IMHO.

So realistically, you don't beleive we can challenge for the title? I could swear at one stage recently you thought if key players were fit and we made minimal improvised selections ala Reading, we would actually go on to win the league?
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:02 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:I think we have more than enough to beat the mancs. Without being biased, we are as good as them now, although we still lack a couple of matchwinners to challenge for the title IMHO.

So realistically, you don't beleive we can challenge for the title? I could swear at one stage recently you thought if key players were fit and we made minimal improvised selections ala Reading, we would actually go on to win the league?

No, I think we CAN win/challenge the league but we really need a couple more matchwinners to win the title, unless the matchwinners we have (Gerrard and Torres, with hopefully Kewell ) play almost every game. Whether they can or whether Rafa allows them to is another matter. Hopefully we will get at least one creative striker/winger after Christmas to enable us to kick on, if we don't our chances become less.

We are too reliant on certain players at the moment, as the alternatives just arn't good enough. We need a lot of luck with injuries and fitness if we are to win the title, probably much more luck needed than any of our rivals.

I think we will win the league , but I also believe Rafa will buy after Christmas.

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 pm

s@int wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

No, I think we CAN win/challenge the league but we really need a couple more matchwinners to win the title, unless the matchwinners we have (Gerrard and Torres, with hopefully Kewell ) play almost every game. Whether they can or whether Rafa allows them to is another matter. Hopefully we will get at least one creative striker/winger after Christmas to enable us to kick on, if we don't our chances become less.

We are too reliant on certain players at the moment, as the alternatives just arn't good enough. We need a lot of luck with injuries and fitness if we are to win the title, probably much more luck needed than any of our rivals.

I think we will win the league , but I also believe Rafa will buy after Christmas.

I agree.

If we are to win the league, our key players must be firing on all cylinders, and from now on, Rafa must get the balance of the side absolutely nailed on for 80% of our league games. We haven't much room for manoeuvre.

85 points will win the league, but I have a feeling we'll get 80 points. Signing a creative player in the January window may tip the balance. I'm just not sure whether we have enough to at least draw, if not win against our three main rivals away from home in the latter part of the season. Is Torres enough to tip the balance? Kewell looks reborn, zippy and as crafty as I've ever seen him in a red shirt. He's another contributory factor that makes me believe we can go to these places and at least draw, but win at least on one ground. I think we can do it without signing a new player, but Kewell, Gerrard, and Torres must be on top form, and the balance of the side must be nailed on. We're an 8/1 shot with the bookies right now. This has to be 4/1 by February, if we're going to have a chance of winning it.

This is only on the proviso that we beat the Manc's on Sunday, which I believe we will.

1-0, goal from a set piece - Kewell volley (26th minute).
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:57 pm

I'd like to go with my initial feeling that we are going to pummel the b'stards come Sunday and run away with it by 2 clear goals or more. We can, or at least we should do, it just depends on what team and system Rafa decides to pick, so I'll reserve that feeling into the land of fantasy as yet. Gerrard and Torres are now starting to look frightening playing together. The early signs when Gerrard slipped that pass to Torres for his first goal against Chelsea that an understanding would develop between the two on the pitch is now starting to tell. If these two perform, we batter the c*nts. Simple as that.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jacko » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:58 pm

Lads, I always :censored: my pants when it comes to the Mancs. I can't rest easy for days on end before the game. Even in Marseille on Tuesday night, once we went 3-0 up my head was already on Sunday. I really think we can do it but only if we go at them. Rafa's got to throw off the shackles here, no conservatism, just go for it. I'd love to see this team: Reina, Arbeloa, Hyppia, Carra, Riise, Babel (wide right), Masch, Gerrard, Kewell, Crouch, Torres. Fingers crossed but I'm shtting myself. It's been six years since we beat them at Anfield but I think we're getting them at a good time. Similar perf to Wednesday night would go a long way but Marseille were :censored:.
Jacko

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Jacko wrote:Rafa's got to throw off the shackles here, no conservatism, just go for it.

We have to be aware of their strengths aswell as their weaknesses, we need an intelligent but passionate approach to the match, not one solely guided by a gung ho desire to 'batter 'em'.

Rafa is not a manager to get caught up in the passion of such an event, and nor are most top managers. A cool head is required.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Well, I just stomached a Manc forum long enough to get a sense of their probable line-up.  In fact, given the general consensus in Manc-land, it seems like we'll have a much better chance predicting their team than our own. :D  We will probably face these on Sunday:

Van Der Sar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Anderson
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

Lots of danger there, of course, so our defense will need to be air tight.  I think there's an opportunity to boss the centre of the park and get Torres into dangerous positions.  Starting to really look forward to this one! :nod
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:09 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Well, I just stomached a Manc forum long enough to get a sense of their probable line-up.  In fact, given the general consensus in Manc-land, it seems like we'll have a much better chance predicting their team than our own. :D  We will probably face these on Sunday:

Van Der Sar
Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Anderson
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

Lots of danger there, of course, so our defense will need to be air tight.  I think there's an opportunity to boss the centre of the park and get Torres into dangerous positions.  Starting to really look forward to this one! :nod

I will be very surprised (and delighted ) if thats the team they put out this weekend. I would have expected either Fletcher or Carrick in to bolster their midfield.

I think the mancs would willingly accept a draw this weekend, as obviously a draw will be much more of a blow to us than them.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion