LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:22 pm

Javier Mascherano says he 'should be okay' for Liverpool's Grand Slam Sunday showdown with Manchester United.

The Argentina international picked up a knock in Tuesday's 4-0 UEFA Champions League triumph over Marseille.

However, he insists that the problem is only minor, and is confident of featuring against Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

"I got a kick but I think it's nothing and I should be okay to face Manchester United," he said.

Mascherano also warned United that the midweek victory over Marseille has filled The Reds with plenty of confidence.

"We're close to the top so we need to win on Sunday to get even closer plus it's very important for our fans that we get a victory," he told Uefa's website.

"Liverpool against United is a massive game, maybe the biggest there is in England, so we have to start preparing for it.

"We know we can get a victory and our confidence is obviously high as well.

"When you win 4-0 away it's very good for the team and now we need a repeat of this performance on Sunday."

Glad to see Masch will be fit for the game, as it looked a bad injury at the time, and maybe Sami should have been sent off for that tackle :D
account deleted by request

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:28 pm

Don't understand why Ferguson's touchline ban doesn't kick in for another fortnight.

Ban the c*nt, or don't.
ivor_the_injun

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:00 pm

lakes10 wrote:we will win 2-0

my hunch to0 Lakes - we'll win !

:)

COME ON RAFA'S REDS  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 pm

burjennio wrote:Hope that means he plays a blinder on Sunday and "comes back to haunt" Ferguson with a hat-trick. I cant believe Le Tissier believes Utd are better in central midfield than us, guess we know why he never left Southampton when the big teams tried to sign him then..

.. He's thick as sh1t :D

he doesnt know football
whylongball?

Postby Dundalk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 pm

A couple of seasons ago we beat these 3-1 at Anfield.

On Sunday we will do the same.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:05 am

This is it now, no more CL to worry about as thats put to bed for a couple of months, its back to the bread and butter and putting down a marker that this season onward we mean business, too many points have been dropped at Anfield this season its time to make it a fortress again, come sunday we give these fookers a lesson, not only a lesson in football but also a lesson in how to support your team and support your manager, last week we let our guard slip because we had bigger fish ahead, now we`ve  netted one our sights are firmly set on the prize catch, over to you Rafa give them hell.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby ferrariboy21 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:25 am

Rafa Benitez exclusive
Watch our exclusive interview with the boss ahead of Man Utd

Click HERE

Yossi Benayoun exclusive
Watch our exclusive interview with the winger who is hoping for his first taste of a Liverpool-Man United fixture following his summer arrival from West Ham.

Click HERE
ferrariboy21

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:25 am

Reading the Daily post today and in an interveiw it said that Xabi is back in the squad for the game anyone know if this is true,
Nice to see him back if it is might get a little 10 mins just to get the legs goin
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:46 am

Gary Neville - who tends to prove a less than popular figure on Merseyside - will be missing as he continues his comeback from a series of injury setbacks, much to the disappointment of the Anfield faithful.

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:57 am

I've watched the Rafa interview linked by Ferraryboy.

About Agger he says he'll need a bit more time. About Alonso that he's training with the group already, and could be picked in weekend. I don't think he will give that game to Alonso after many inactive weeks.

He has repeated that the importance of these games is that if you're able to win, it gives you a lot of condifence for other matches. I think this is true.

Interesting aswell that what he highlights among the best things of the Marseille game is the attitude of the players.

I can't wait for the match.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:17 am

Im that syked up for it i cant sleep and still posting drivel on here me nerves have gone
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:52 am

NANNY RED wrote:Reading the Daily post today and in an interveiw it said that Xabi is back in the squad for the game anyone know if this is true,
Nice to see him back if it is might get a little 10 mins just to get the legs goin

LIVERPOOL v Manchester United: Alonso set to end two months on the sidelines

The Spain midfielder has featured in only six Barclays Premier League games and been out of action since the Arsenal match in October.

Steve Finnan is doubtful because of a calf problem while Daniel Agger remains sidelined with a foot injury.

Provisional squad: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Mascherano, Benayoun, Alonso, Kuyt, Torres, Aurelio, Babel, Crouch, Finnan, Hobbs, Itandje, Leiva, Voronin, Sissoko.

Looks like Alonso may be in the squad, but with Mascher saying he is fit to start Alonso may have to wait till the League cup game against Chelsea for a game. (Maybe give him a run out once we are 3 - 0 up against the mancs)
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:55 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Reading the Daily post today and in an interveiw it said that Xabi is back in the squad for the game anyone know if this is true,

LIVERPOOL v Manchester United: Alonso set to end two months on the sidelines

The Spain midfielder has featured in only six Barclays Premier League games and been out of action since the Arsenal match in October.

Steve Finnan is doubtful because of a calf problem while Daniel Agger remains sidelined with a foot injury.

Provisional squad: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Mascherano, Benayoun, Alonso, Kuyt, Torres, Aurelio, Babel, Crouch, Finnan, Hobbs, Itandje, Leiva, Voronin, Sissoko.

Looks like Alonso may be in the squad, but with Mascher saying he is fit to start Alonso may have to wait till the League cup game against Chelsea for a game. (Maybe give him a run out once we are 3 - 0 up against the mancs)

Yeh after a Torres hatrick  :laugh: Paddy Power are giving 100/1 worth a tenner
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:04 am

Sabre wrote:He has repeated that the importance of these games is that if you're able to win, it gives you a lot of condifence for other matches.

Feck me he's starting to sound more like me every week  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:27 am

is this the same alonso that certain posters said our blip was due to his injury, then totally missed the fact our good run and great results were achieved when he wasnt playing also.

also its the pro rotationers that said we couldnt do without him while at the same time saying its ok to rotate him, work that one out.

anyway the mancs, i wonder if he will gamble with his team selection, surely he wont for this game
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion