LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Hyypia has been up against three "flyers" in those five games mate, Martins, Anelka, and Cisse.  Its like saying its just a coincidence that Kewell has only started 3 games this season but we have won them 4-0, 3-0, 4-0.

Its funny how those poor teams seem to get good results just before or just after they get hammered by us. Bolton beat the mancs, Newcastle drew with Arsenal, and Marseille beat Lyon.
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:16 pm

IF rafa keeps it simple its a liverpool 2-1 but if he just gets all high and mighty and trys to be to smart well i could see us getting done 3/4-0  :(

please rafa 4-4-2 babel and harry on wings bring benny on late for the winner  :wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Zi-Dan Agger wrote:
Owzat wrote:Oh and btw, Rafa's next defeat will be his 50th defeat in charge of Liverpool and he's only just past 200 games in charge.

Ever the optimist  :D.

Can't hide the fact that he loses near enough 1 in 4 and 50 is a landmark, even if not a positive one. The mancs are lucky and may well beat us, if I mention it now it might stop it happening this weekend.......................

Now THAT'S optimistic/positive

S@int - Hyypia had an easy game last night, and as usual whenever he was beaten for pace he brought the man down cynically. Mars A posed little threat, apart from a couple of balls in behind the defence - one of which Benayoun did fantastically well on. Had they played even remotely well it would have been a much closer affair, they gambled with their defensive strategy and it failed very early on. If Niang's their best striker then it's no wonder they are in trouble. Hyypia was involved in a run of five straight wins, most of the teams we beat were ordinary/poor. Same again applies last night, Mars A were poor

Doesn't Rafa have won of the highest winning percentages amongst Liverpool managers? ???

On the Hyypia thing, I find it interesting that when your stats support your particular biases you just put the numbers up as if they spoke for themselves yet when they go against your biases, you dismiss the numbers by emphasizing how poor the opposition supposedly is etc.  I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark.  :;):

One of the highest points per game, not that the last few have been much of opposition to his form.

Explain. ???

Not that my lunchbreak didn't end 20 mins ago, I meant the previous few managers weren't exactly Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish

Saint wrote:Hyypia has been up against three "flyers" in those five games mate, Martins, Anelka, and Cisse.  Its like saying its just a coincidence that Kewell has only started 3 games this season but we have won them 4-0, 3-0, 4-0.

Its funny how those poor teams seem to get good results just before or just after they get hammered by us. Bolton beat the mancs, Newcastle drew with Arsenal, and Marseille beat Lyon.

Anelka missed an open goal, Martins is not the greatest playing with Newcastle in an ordinary side and Cisse didn't even START! (and he's not great either or we wouldn't have sold him) Just because these pacey strikers played does not make Hyypia world class, he makes do with some decent timing of interceptions and tackles but one on one he is found wanting. The argument is whether Liverpool have been solid defensively recently or have just played easier opposition - the latter is definitely ture, the former is subjective

Bolton beat the mancs because they didn't have Rooney or Ronaldo, and it was at the shoebox, Arsenal were missing Fabregas and Hleb in the middle of catching up their away games and so what if Mars A beat Lyon - didn't the park rangers beat them 3-0 at their's..............

Now your's are what I call selective arguments. And three games is not conclusive proof re Kewell
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Owzat wrote:Knock yourself out, either put forward stats that prove the recent opposition in those five straight wins were all world beaters (Porto, Newcastle, Fulham, Bolton and Besiktas) or belt up once and for all. We get you don't like stats and you think the sun shines out of Crouch's ar se. Normally it's mancs that don't like stats, the others are those who don't like what they show and they bleat a lot in trying to make out they're not significant.

Perhaps it's best you simply don't respond to my posts, you clearly want to disagree with a lot of things I say with a lot of hot air and without any proper substantiation.

Einstein - ............................and there you have the theory of relatitivity
Bad Bob - it's funny how your theory proves what you want it to, "I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark"

:D

I've got some numbers for you to chew on, mate.

Since Agger has been injured Sami Hyypia has played 16 games, with the following results:

Won.....8
Drew.....4
Lost.....3

Goals For.....33
Goals Against.....9
Goal Differential.....+24

Clean Sheets.....8

Care to explain to us now how it is that you're certain he's past it?  Perhaps you'll tell us that every team we've faced in that period has been rubbish but, of course, you only can beat what's in front of you.  More importantly, that would just be excuse to explain away stats that you don't agree with, wouldn't it?  :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:01 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Owzat wrote:Knock yourself out, either put forward stats that prove the recent opposition in those five straight wins were all world beaters (Porto, Newcastle, Fulham, Bolton and Besiktas) or belt up once and for all. We get you don't like stats and you think the sun shines out of Crouch's ar se. Normally it's mancs that don't like stats, the others are those who don't like what they show and they bleat a lot in trying to make out they're not significant.

Perhaps it's best you simply don't respond to my posts, you clearly want to disagree with a lot of things I say with a lot of hot air and without any proper substantiation.

Einstein - ............................and there you have the theory of relatitivity
Bad Bob - it's funny how your theory proves what you want it to, "I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark"

I've got some numbers for you to chew on, mate.

Since Agger has been injured Sami Hyypia has played 16 games, with the following results:

Won.....8
Drew.....4
Lost.....3

Goals For.....33
Goals Against.....9
Goal Differential.....+24

Clean Sheets.....8

Care to explain to us now how it is that you're certain he's past it?  Perhaps you'll tell us that every team we've faced in that period has been rubbish but, of course, you only can beat what's in front of you.  More importantly, that would just be excuse to explain away stats that you don't agree with, wouldn't it?  :;):

He was clearly playing very shakily earlier in the season when faced with pacey, skillful players. However, the combination of his intelligence, experience and defensive brilliance, along with the adoption of a deeper defensive line has seen him flourish again. :bowdown
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Anelka has scored 19 goals in 48 league games for Bolton, Martins has scored 17 goals in 43 league games for Newcastle, and Cisse has scored 17 in 42 games for Marseille. All decent strike rates. Hyypia has made 20 appearances this season (all against poor sides :D )  and we have let in 6 goals, not bad for someone over the hill. I don't think anyone is saying he is world class, just that he has been very good.

Edit Bob you can't call the three goals against Reading mate (He wasn't even on the pitch!!! )
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby burjennio » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:06 pm

itll be the same team as yesterday, cant play that well and still be rotated surely - Drop a few in the Mickey Mouse Cup agains the Russians
burjennio

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:19 pm

well well... why are we arguing about Hyppia? We all know that he's done better than most expected so let us be satisfied and hope that he continues to do well. He may not be at his best anymore but as long as he's playing the way he's playing and not make mistakes i'm satisfied... anyway he's the CB we HAVE to play until agger comes back...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:30 pm

s@int wrote:Anelka has scored 19 goals in 48 league games for Bolton, Martins has scored 17 goals in 43 league games for Newcastle, and Cisse has scored 17 in 42 games for Marseille. All decent strike rates. Hyypia has made 20 appearances this season (all against poor sides :D )  and we have let in 6 goals, not bad for someone over the hill. I don't think anyone is saying he is world class, just that he has been very good.

Edit Bob you can't call the three goals against Reading mate (He wasn't even on the pitch!!! )

I was counting Sami's games in all competitions, mate--CL and the league (but only since Agger's injury in the warm-up at Porto):

League goals conceded: 2 to Spurs, 1 to Everton, 1 to Arsenal.

CL goals conceded: 1 to Porto, 1 to Marseille, 2 to Besiktas, 1 to Porto

TOTAL = 9
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

.                         Reina

Arbeloa     Carra           Hyypia        Riise

Mascherano             Leiva
                          Gerrard

Babel                                         Kewell

Torres

I wouldn't mind seeing this team take the pitch Sunday, having Babel and Kewell would keep their fullbacks in defence, as a lot of their attacks stem from there, and i can't see them getting through our midfield. I hope we give Ronaldo an early tackle because you know the scu m will be targetting Torres, especially the crack head rio.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:Anelka has scored 19 goals in 48 league games for Bolton, Martins has scored 17 goals in 43 league games for Newcastle, and Cisse has scored 17 in 42 games for Marseille. All decent strike rates. Hyypia has made 20 appearances this season (all against poor sides :D )  and we have let in 6 goals, not bad for someone over the hill. I don't think anyone is saying he is world class, just that he has been very good.

I was counting Sami's games in all competitions, mate--CL and the league (but only since Agger's injury in the warm-up at Porto):

TOTAL = 9

I thought you had included the Reading goals mate, sorry  :D

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:49 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

TOTAL = 9

I thought you had included the Reading goals mate, sorry  :D

Not a problem, mate.

You know, though, you had the right idea including the four matches Sami played before Agger got hurt.  When you add those in, the numbers look like this:

Played.....20 (out of 25 possible games)

Won.....12
Drew.....4
Lost.....3

Goals For.....46
Goals Against.....9
Goal Difference.....+37

Clean Sheets.....12

Based on those numbers, there is no way it can be said that Sami has been a liability for us this season.  :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Magz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm hoping we go with:

Reina
Finnan Carra Hyypia Arbeloa
Babel Gerrard Masch Kewell
Torres Kuyt

I'm gonna say we win 3-1

Torres with a double and Kewell with a score

Magz

Postby mart » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:25 pm

I'd go with this team:

Reina
Arbeloa   Carra   Hyypia   Riise/aurelio
Yossi/Babel  Gerrard   Masch  Kewell
    Kuyt   Torres.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:38 pm

kunilson wrote:i think the line up will be something like

Reina
Arbeloa Hyypia Carragher Aurelio
Benayoun Gerrard Sissoko Riise
Kuyt/Crouch Torres

but im not too sure on that one.....what i am sure of is we will be all over them like a rash, flies on :censored:, white on rice all of that....and will go on to win the match.

i know even if its a draw or a loss we are not out of it and blah blah blah but no, this is about beating the old enemy.

someone slap me for putting sissoko instead of monster masch
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion