LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:32 am

2cute4u wrote:Now thats the words of a real fan. Get behind the team. :hearts

yeah and two seasons ago my manc season ticket holding mates were screaming for red noses head while complaining about your new owners and going to watch the newly formed club.

yeah way to get behind your team,

listen at the end of the day if you want to try and bait someone i suggest you go to a clubs forum who have a worse record than you, i can happily start throwing comparisons around in relation to trophies won, your 27 years without a title and your little stint in the old division 2 in the 70s

now run along theres a good boy
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:34 am

dawson99 wrote:i think people, myswelf included, have clamed down a little bit and actually looked at the league table. is it 4 behind cheatski with a game in hand to go 3rd? its not the end of the world, just really fecking depressing how an underperforming manc sid can yet again nick the points off us with the solitary goal that they seem to love producing.

its not the end of the world, just annoying... and im sure rafa will get it right so lets just look to the future with the ext game and get this 'blip' out of our mind.

as for kuyt, no matter how much people dislike the guy, rememebr what he did last year and dont crucify the guy. rafa is picking him, and if we trust rafa, it must be 100%. well, it should be. and if we disagree, lets not get mean about it. get behind the team, shout to the rooftops, we are liverpool

That post is spot on.

The team is the one that wins and loses, and here we praise the same guys in victories and blame the same guys in defeats.

Kuyt did't score, and wasn't close to score either, but he did a lot of work yesterday. Maybe he doesn't deserve to be told "good game", but he doesn't deserve either to be crucified.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 am

peewee wrote:i can happily start throwing comparisons around in relation to trophies won, your 27 years without a title and your little stint in the old division 2 in the 70s

now run along theres a good boy

They forget about that very easily.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NJD83 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:40 am

That hurt, thought we played really well in the first half, it just allways seems to happen to us against the big teams play ok but just can't get any luck. If our keeper would have made the mistakes Van der sar made in the first half they would have been 2-0 up, as it happens we make one mistake all game a lose 1-0.

Do agree with the Kuyt thing, just frustrates the hell out of me.

But if we keep plugging away and put a run together you never know what can happen in this funny old game. Come on red men kick on lads!!!
NJD83

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:42 am

Sabre wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i think people, myswelf included, have clamed down a little bit and actually looked at the league table. is it 4 behind cheatski with a game in hand to go 3rd? its not the end of the world, just really fecking depressing how an underperforming manc sid can yet again nick the points off us with the solitary goal that they seem to love producing.

its not the end of the world, just annoying... and im sure rafa will get it right so lets just look to the future with the ext game and get this 'blip' out of our mind.

as for kuyt, no matter how much people dislike the guy, rememebr what he did last year and dont crucify the guy. rafa is picking him, and if we trust rafa, it must be 100%. well, it should be. and if we disagree, lets not get mean about it. get behind the team, shout to the rooftops, we are liverpool

That post is spot on.

The team is the one that wins and loses, and here we praise the same guys in victories and blame the same guys in defeats.

Kuyt did't score, and wasn't close to score either, but he did a lot of work yesterday. Maybe he doesn't deserve to be told "good game", but he doesn't deserve either to be crucified.

I don't want to call Kuyt or praise him.....just sell him.

He has a great attitude, work ethic and character, unfortunately he's just not good enough for Liverpool. As peewee says he wasn't good enough last year....... and he's been even worse this year.

I admit I called it wrong when we signed him, I thought he would come good, but there comes a time when you have to face up to the truth, and the truth is I don't think he's good enough.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:45 am

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:

That post is spot on.

He has a great attitude, work ethic and character, unfortunately he's just not good enough for Liverpool. As peewee says he wasn't good enough last year....... and he's been even worse this year.

I admit I called it wrong when we signed him, I thought he would come good, but there comes a time when you have to face up to the truth, and the truth is I don't think he's good enough.

But that means altering your sig S@int.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:47 am

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:

That post is spot on.

Mascherano or Torres would fit in my sig quite nicely mate  :D

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:47 am

Yes, both S@int and Bigmick need a revamp of the signature :D

In all seriousness S@int I also thought he would come good. Not that he's been awful but definitely not good enough. You're right on that, but I don't think he deserves all the stick. Personally I only like to give bad stick to players who are not professional enough or don't have the right attitude, Kuyt is not the case, so for wearing that red shirt, and for his attitude he has my respect at least.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 am

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:

That post is spot on.

I'm with you on that. Still, it annoys me when he just seems to be the only player seem to pick on. People just seem to be pointing the finger at Kuyt for yesterday's defeat without a valid reason why. If anything Torres missed a few chances he should have probably taken. If we can get a good sum for Kuyt and bring in better quality, them I'll have no complaints about selling him if it improves the team. Question is, who is there to buy?

Oh, yeah, time for a change to that sig me thinks.  :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:50 am

s@int wrote:I don't want to call Kuyt or praise him.....just sell him.

Yes I think it's probably possible to have misdirected loyalties to some players, and Kuyt is probably a case in point. He is no doubt a smashing bloke, and he's definately a good pro but he isn't really up to it if we're honest. To say that isn't a personal attack on his character, it is merely a judgement on his footballing ability.

That said, it's probably fair to say that based on our three games against the other big four teams this season, he isn't on his own so perhaps the criticism he recieves is a fraction over the top.

It is though in games such as yesterday when the lack of precision in his first touch, lack of anticipation, lack of pace, lack of goal threat is most keenly felt. Given that it's only natural that many fans feel very strongly about his position in Rafa's probable best eleven.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:50 am

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:

That post is spot on.

That freaky how you posted that just as I was typing my last post.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:52 am

Sabre wrote:Yes, both S@int and Bigmick need a revamp of the signature :D

In all seriousness S@int I also thought he would come good. Not that he's been awful but definitely not good enough. You're right on that, but I don't think he deserves all the stick. Personally I only like to give bad stick to players who are not professional enough or don't have the right attitude, Kuyt is not the case, so for wearing that red shirt, and for his attitude he has my respect at least.

Mine too Sabre, every time I see him giving an interview or read things that he's said I want to give him another chance, but he's had his last chance with me now.

Postby Lucky » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:00 am

Sorry that I won't go back to browse through the whole thread. Just cannot stand to relive the painful defeat. It hurt too much. I know some people, if not the most, think that we played better than them and they just once again got better luck to beat us. And that's exactly what hurt me the most. Why it happened again and again when we played them? When it seemed that we deserved a win but they stealed three points away? Is it really just about luck or there's something else that they possessed but we missed? Can anyone give me a clue? Still feel so heartbreaking that I cannot think logically :(

Nevertheness, I still have my dream alive of us wining the league title this season. 10 points is not a mission impossible. Please move on and keep faith Reds! When we beat Marseille and progressed in CL, people said there was a miracle called Liverpool. Yes, there is always a miracle called Liverpool if you do believe :buttrock
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby NJD83 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:00 am

I'm with you on that. Still, it annoys me when he just seems to be the only player seem to pick on

Unfortunately Emerald Red ugly people are there to be picked on and Dirk is very pickable!!!
NJD83

Postby red_guy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:01 am

Kuyt deserves some respect because of his work rate and professionalism. Unfortunately, he's not good enough. Maybe the best option is to sell him.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion