LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:02 am

Kharhaz wrote:
2cute4u wrote:
bigmick wrote:In my time on this forum I have seen many Manchester United fans come and go. Without exception, their knowledge of football is inversely proportional to how good the team they support is at playing it. This 2gayforU character or whatever he calls himself is no exception to the rule. I am yet to see a single Manchester United come on here and offer anything worthy of note. When Keane talked of the "prawn sandwich brigade" and his frustration at their lack of appreciation and knowledge of the game of association football, he could equally have been talking about the vast majority of Manchester United supporters. It seems that having a good team over a sustained period and a huge chip on ntheir shoulder and unexplainable pride about their "citeh" renders them collectively clueless. Shame really.

So what is a good knowledge of football then guy?

Do you possess this?

Are you a championship manager gamer?

Or are you referring to historical achievements?

No lad. Its simply down to looking at the positives of your own team and acknowledging what makes the club and accepting defeat. Its about looking at each game your club plays and concentrating on the game just gone and the forthcoming games and giving our support. Football knowledge is simply acknowledging each game your team plays and can see what went wrong.

Anymore lessons to be learned young bandwagon jumper?

So then accept defeat. Simple as.
2cute4u

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:03 am

Its already accepted. However the question is, why are you not on your own forum accepting the victory?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Super Vegeto » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:04 am

This was essentially a must win game. Especially since we played United at home. Now we are 9 points behind and the premiership title is most likely out of our reach. I think the goal was messy but at the end of the day, its goals that win the game. United had a few other really good chances on the counter attack in the second half falling to ronaldo and rooney. Liverpool would've been finished one way or another.

I've seen people blaming risse a lot. Risse is a world class defender. He has good pace great strength, and amazingly powerful shots. He is a great asset to liverpool and always has been. I think players like kuyt and kewell and aurelio are dissappointing though, kuyt mainly. He is not a striker, end of. Commentators always say he is a hard worker, but he doesn't ever produce anything. He can't link up with torres, he can't cross, when he takes players on he looses the ball, he's practically a waste of money. We need a ronaldo, or fabrigas, someone who can make creative play apart from gerrard, and someone who can attack the sides. Until then we will never win the premier league.
Super Vegeto

Postby big al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:05 am

2cute4u your not really reading anything post here are you.  We have accepted it. True liverpool fans are always gracious in defeat but we are entitled to analsye the game and give our opinions.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:06 am

Because the team I follow dont have a forum...Im in with the big boys now ha!
2cute4u

Postby big al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:12 am

who do you support?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:16 am

MK Dons! :blush:
2cute4u

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:59 am

big al wrote:redtrader74 I don't think that Kuyt is the ideal partner for Torres I could think of so many others but thing is who else has Rafa got.  Until he can let players go we need to hope they imporove.  I personally think that of the starting 11 only four are of the class required to be the best team in club football 2 could be possible and five should be sold or released at the end of their contract, That easy to say but thing is who do you replace them with.  Better players yes but that takes time, Wenger took a gamble and had a mass cull replacing the players with youngsters who are now awesome, but Wenger had won the priemership no one will give rafa that space therefore he has to stick with what he got and try to bring players through  and stick with Journey men.

Personally Big Al I am not a fan of Kuyts, for me he's all huff and puff with no end product.

But I honestly thought he played well with Torres against Marseille. I've watched them play together a couple of times and every now and again they do seem to be on the same wavelength. I must say I was happy to see Kuyt start, because of this and tbf Crouch or Voronin havent really hit it off with Torres upfront either.

Kuyts running off the ball ables Torres to find gaps in defence and the Dutchman is very willing to work with if not for the Spanaird. But as we saw today, when we come up against TOP class teams Kuyts touch and control really does let him down. Everything he did was snuffed out and he was way out of his depth against United.
66-1112520797

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:08 am

In other words...Hes a donkey. :D
2cute4u

Postby red_guy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:34 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Disappointing result.

But we need to move on.

Yes, indeed. I was so mad, i had to take a shower after the game. I felt my head was 'burning'.   

:veryangry

I dunno about you lads, but judging by the performance, we just didn't have the confidence to win against ManUre. We're full of confidence to go and beat any teams in the world but when it comes to ManUre, we just...lost it.

Anyway, we need to move on.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:30 am

2cute4u wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
2cute4u wrote:
bigmick wrote:In my time on this forum I have seen many Manchester United fans come and go. Without exception, their knowledge of football is inversely proportional to how good the team they support is at playing it. This 2gayforU character or whatever he calls himself is no exception to the rule. I am yet to see a single Manchester United come on here and offer anything worthy of note. When Keane talked of the "prawn sandwich brigade" and his frustration at their lack of appreciation and knowledge of the game of association football, he could equally have been talking about the vast majority of Manchester United supporters. It seems that having a good team over a sustained period and a huge chip on ntheir shoulder and unexplainable pride about their "citeh" renders them collectively clueless. Shame really.

So what is a good knowledge of football then guy?

Do you possess this?

Are you a championship manager gamer?

Or are you referring to historical achievements?

No lad. Its simply down to looking at the positives of your own team and acknowledging what makes the club and accepting defeat. Its about looking at each game your club plays and concentrating on the game just gone and the forthcoming games and giving our support. Football knowledge is simply acknowledging each game your team plays and can see what went wrong.

Anymore lessons to be learned young bandwagon jumper?

So then accept defeat. Simple as.

Shut up b1tch.............  :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:35 am

Super Vegeto wrote:Risse is a world class defender.

:lookaround
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:56 am

It was only a narrow loss to Man Utd. Granted they are in a better position than we are, but we are not light years behind them.

We have Chelsea next. Granted it's only the Carling Cup, but we've lost recently to Reading and Man Utd, I think a win would be good for morale, so we should go for it.

Then comes Pompey at home. We really need to be winning these home games. It will a tough match though. We can't afford to lose anymore ground on Arsenal and Man Utd.

Then we play Derby on Boxing Day. The worse team in the league. If we can't beat them, then we don't deserve to be challenging for the title.

Manchester City is next. That will be a very tough match.

Then comes Wigan at Anfield. Another poor team which we should expect to beat. I expect them to park the bus in front of goal, so we should prepare for those tactics.

We've got into the next stage of the Champions League, we are still in the Carling Cup and FA Cup, and we are nine points behind the real pace team with a game in hand.

Much to be positive over.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:14 am

peewee wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
peewee wrote:tactical genius rafa, we can not beat the top teams in the league, we struggle at times against the chaff and flotsam,

maybe we will wake up tomorrow with no manager  :(

And maybe you'll wake up with a brain...

Then again - maybe not.

again a muppet missing what is actually written, did i say i wanted it to happen? no i didnt

just give it a rest ffs, do you want to go down the avenue of listing achievements lando then we can see who is more successful between you and i and who has the biggest brain?

no i thought not, did you finish burger flipping early today    :D
nottingham   :D

nottingham = nothing but ham  :p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:18 am

peewee wrote:i see the thread went rapidly downhill in the last few pages with plenty of abuse without any real thought or explanation

especially when the burger flipper logs on ?

How in the hell he hasn't been banned is virtually beyond me...

If he doesn't agree with your opinion, then he basically lambastes you ....... this is getting ridiculous...
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion