LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:31 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:The same for right wing...lets talk about getting rid of pennant and benayoun once we get ronaldo or quaresma type quality players...

Yeah, because they REALLY f*cked us over in the games against them recently...

Man....u sure are a "HO" aren't you ?

Every post from you is a "drama queen"....."over the top" .... "emotional" sort of stuff ........

really "dude"....only fags can get worked up this easily.....  :glare:
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Why dont you shut the :censored: up maguskwt. Inacase you havent noticed this is an open forum so people are free to discuss their views as best asthey please. You dont like it, then :censored: of over to another fourm. Or at least learn a sensible way to disagree with someone other than resorting to using foul language.

And it should be a rule of the forum that chatting utter sh*t is not allowed.

You are the last "guy" to advocate that......

Your sh1t spouting ratio is like 1 in every 2 posts.....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:38 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
jeff capes wrote:come on nanny calm down

i know you are hurting from the loss but really your anger should be aimed at the team instead of a simpleton like me who knows nothing.

quite clearly i have the logic of a 5 year old and know nothing.

the fact i told this forum yesterday we would lose in the same cheesy way we always lose counts for nothing.

i use the word cheesy quite a bit thus making me cheesy.

chill out and don't get too upset over some cheesy guy like me calling some scousers cheesy.

I wish you'd choke on some cheese, you f*cking pr*ck.

How does peewee get a yellow ? when LG spouts sh1t like this ?

Jesus christ....this is getting ridiculous .....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 am

Just woke up there not long ago, and the first thing that entered my head was the memory of that defeat and how lucky the scumbags were. It hurts. It hurts more because again they were just so lucky. perhaps now that is the only gap between us and them. Just plain old luck.

I've flicked back a few pages on this thread which has grown considerably since I last posted on it. Like I said earlier in the season, it usually takes a defeat for a lot of spanners to come out of the woodwork and start posting incoherent bollox. There's should be a WUM and a bullsh*t filter on here, or at least some sort of test before you're allowed to sign up.

Admittedly, my reaction was one of disgust, reflected in my initial posts in the aftermath. My feelings have still not changed. I'm disgusted not by the thought of being beaten by them, but by the thought that it's just been so long now. As a supporter of this club (18 years now) I have yet to see us lift the title as a true faithful. So in my experience as a supporter, I've seen this sort of thing happen over the years at times when we all thought or expected us to be going for it, or at least challenging. In those years, it's always been the case of being able to take the most points possible from your main rivals at the top. Take an overall majority of the tally and you're in with a chance. At least that is the theory. Then you must also beat the lesser sides away from home. Do this and it should mean you win the title. It's that simple. Or so it seems. Not for us. We always struggle in those two areas, with the odd win against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea to give us the illusion we are challenging. It's bollox. I still maintain that any hope of us winning the league this year is gone. We may come close, though. I reckon within 6 points, but then we will look back at Reading and this game and think "what if"...again. It will haunt us all. Of course, this is a matter of my own personal opinion and sense of disillusionment. It's just heartbreaking for me to see the team I love to be so long without the title that we have been without for so long.

We are, however, making inroads. Those of you calling for Rafa's head or citing certain individuals in the team for blame or scapegoating, should frankly, be ashamed to call yourselves Liverpool supporters. If a man works his heart out for the team by running his balls off on the pitch (you all know who I'm talking about) then that in itself is admirable. I don't have the right to fault a man for trying his heart out, and neither should any of you. He deserves some kind of respect. The other aspects of his game might even suffer for those endeavours by being out of position or being tired through chasing and harassing. Maybe he just needs a proper wide player to link with?

Yesterday we seen the team mute the so called superstars of United. Ronaldo who? He never got a sniff! Even that fat b@stard Rooney struggled. They are not the unstoppable force some proclaimed them to be when they seen their signings in the summer. And lest I forget, we were missing some key players yesterday. Players that perhaps could have made all the difference. But there I go. Ifs and buts again. I think the only thing we can do is pray that the other teams in the league can do us a massive favor and bail us out a little. I doubt it, though. That's just the optimist in me talking.:(
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:17 am

I think the loss was mostly down to bad luck, but if we had more quality then maybe we could have capitalized and gotten something from it. But for the most part (last 8 games or so) we have been playing well and we just need to put our head down, stop worrying about the table and get on a winning streak, which we CAN DO, we have the quality to go out and get a bunch of wins in a row, and before you know it we will be right back in the thick of it.  Both teams didn't look too impressive, but I thought that we looked better than United, gives me hope of them having more Bolton type games in the future, and the wheels have to fall off the Arsenal bus eventually.
JoeTerp

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:29 am

Emerald Red wrote:Just woke up there not long ago, and the first thing that entered my head was the memory of that defeat and how lucky the scumbags were. It hurts. It hurts more because again they were just so lucky. perhaps now that is the only gap between us and them. Just plain old luck.

I've flicked back a few pages on this thread which has grown considerably since I last posted on it. Like I said earlier in the season, it usually takes a defeat for a lot of spanners to come out of the woodwork and start posting incoherent bollox. There's should be a WUM and a bullsh*t filter on here, or at least some sort of test before you're allowed to sign up.

Admittedly, my reaction was one of disgust, reflected in my initial posts in the aftermath. My feelings have still not changed. I'm disgusted not by the thought of being beaten by them, but by the thought that it's just been so long now. As a supporter of this club (18 years now) I have yet to see us lift the title as a true faithful. So in my experience as a supporter, I've seen this sort of thing happen over the years at times when we all thought or expected us to be going for it, or at least challenging. In those years, it's always been the case of being able to take the most points possible from your main rivals at the top. Take an overall majority of the tally and you're in with a chance. At least that is the theory. Then you must also beat the lesser sides away from home. Do this and it should mean you win the title. It's that simple. Or so it seems. Not for us. We always struggle in those two areas, with the odd win against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea to give us the illusion we are challenging. It's bollox. I still maintain that any hope of us winning the league this year is gone. We may come close, though. I reckon within 6 points, but then we will look back at Reading and this game and think "what if"...again. It will haunt us all. Of course, this is a matter of my own personal opinion and sense of disillusionment. It's just heartbreaking for me to see the team I love to be so long without the title that we have been without for so long.

We are, however, making inroads. Those of you calling for Rafa's head or citing certain individuals in the team for blame or scapegoating, should frankly, be ashamed to call yourselves Liverpool supporters. If a man works his heart out for the team by running his balls off on the pitch (you all know who I'm talking about) then that in itself is admirable. I don't have the right to fault a man for trying his heart out, and neither should any of you. He deserves some kind of respect. The other aspects of his game might even suffer for those endeavours by being out of position or being tired through chasing and harassing. Maybe he just needs a proper wide player to link with?

Yesterday we seen the team mute the so called superstars of United. Ronaldo who? He never got a sniff! Even that fat b@stard Rooney struggled. They are not the unstoppable force some proclaimed them to be when they seen their signings in the summer. And lest I forget, we were missing some key players yesterday. Players that perhaps could have made all the difference. But there I go. Ifs and buts again. I think the only thing we can do is pray that the other teams in the league can do us a massive favor and bail us out a little. I doubt it, though. That's just the optimist in me talking.:(

Good post Emerald and I'm with you largely in your sentiments.

We've always been "so close yet so far" in the last couple of decades. And its not until we lose to United or Arsenal that we get our seasonal reality check, which tells us where we actually are.

It is these kind of games we need to win to lift the title, we've played Chelsea and Arsenal at home and drew. Lost to United at home on top of that, that isnt the sign of a title winning side. With a poor loss at Reading and terribly average performances and results against Tottenham, Birminghan and Portsmouth we are still a long way off winning the league.

United didnt play fantastic yesterday, in fact it wasnt a very good footballing game to watch. But they still got three points, yes we kept Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez quite but we still had f.uck all to show for it, while they collected three points.

The game was fairly scrappy but an even affair, but there passing in triangles and movenment was much better, they controlled the ball much better and looked much more comfortable on the ball than we did, especially first half. Second half they were willing to sit back and conceed possesion, but we still couldnt trouble Van der Saar. We only troubled the United keeper from crosses as he flapped and bumped off his own defenders.

I doubt we could go to Old Trafford and hold onto a 1-0 advantage for 45 minutes. IMHO they'd break through eventually in comparrison we never really threatened, from open play especially.

While we are a great defensive outfit, I think Rafa needs to work on one touch attacking football alot more as from yesterdays displays we looked toothless in touch and attacking options. Its all very well looking to Gerrard and Torres to win us matches, but players like Kewell, Benayoun, Kuyt, Pennant and Babel all have to chip in with their share load of creativity, passing and goals alot more than they do.
66-1112520797

Postby oakton » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:58 am

Emerald Red wrote:Those of you calling for Rafa's head or citing certain individuals in the team for blame or scapegoating, should frankly, be ashamed to call yourselves Liverpool supporters.

Here we go, not one of these posts again. 
Just because you are happy with us finishing below MU, Chelsea and Arsenal again it doesn't mean other supporters can't say what they want.  You want us to praise the performance of Kuyt when he had a fcuked up game like that??
oakton

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:04 am

oakton wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Those of you calling for Rafa's head or citing certain individuals in the team for blame or scapegoating, should frankly, be ashamed to call yourselves Liverpool supporters.

Here we go, not one of these posts again. 
Just because you are happy with us finishing below MU, Chelsea and Arsenal again it doesn't mean other supporters can't say what they want.  You want us to praise the performance of Kuyt when he had a fcuked up game like that??

Here, I tell you what you can do and go take your face for a shyte. Where did I say I was ever happy with us finishing below United? Did you even read my post properly? I think it states the opposite.

I'm a Liverpool SUPPORTER! Not some d*ckhead that jumped on the bandwagon. If a player is giving the maximum effort and all he can do, then I WILL NOT lambaste him for it, be it whether or not he is good or not for the club in certain opinions or not. And how did he f*ck the game up yesterday? Did the man even get a chance? I seem to recall Torres missing a few, where's your condemnation of him? What if Kuyt grabbed the equalizer? No doubt your tune would change like so many of the fickle hypocrites that seem to follow the club these days. If Kuyt isn't Liverpool FC standard, then so be it. It's not through lack of trying or want that the man is failing, but maybe he's just a bit out of his depth or he needs the proper support on the pitch! At least give him the support of a so called supporter. It's different if the man wasn't trying.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 am

The result is done, we have to take it on the chin and move on.

Before we focuss on the Chelsea game we should really be focussed on Rafa's future and his meeting with the yanks and the clown. Hope it all goes well, and Rafa can prove my wrong by the end of the season getting us much closer to the eventual winners. If he did I'd be happy to give him another season after.

But I think that maybe made harder for him as I've heard he'll have no funds during the January trnsfer window, just hope uncle Albert was wrong about that.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:37 am

Time to move on now stop dwelling on it nothing we can do about it.
Busy period coming up over the holiday time to get back to our winning ways, we have only lost two games and its December could have been worst, they scored from their usual set piece against us they didnt come to Anfield to win they got lucky yet again.

Our time will come their luck will run out shortly.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:04 am

CardinalRed wrote:
jedwards wrote::angry:

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez. So far we have played the top three teams, and we failed to score a win against all of them, this does prove that our team selection and tactic were totally wrong!!!. The team that Benitez had selected for today's top match was wrong, with two liability players (Kewell & Kuyt) were selected from the start, and it was down to Kewell's mistake, led to a corner, and we were out done by it and eventually led to wining goal of the match, and it took almost three quarter of the match for Benitez to realize that he made a mistake with his selection, and replaced both player with Babel and Crouch, where he should have in fact started the match with Crouch along side Torres, and Babel on lift wing.

I always remember, the past maters of LFC managers had selected their inform players for their top matches when they were available at the time, but here we see the clever and the most negative LFC's manager, select the liability players ahead of inform players!!!!, Kuyt, should never be a fist team players ahead of Crouch or Babel, as for Kewell,  who lives on his old reputation since his days at Leeds, he has not proved his place in LFC at all, he has been less than an average player dogged with injuries!!!. "WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Kuyt is the first player LFC should get rid off in January transfer window, along with Voronin, and not Crouch.

I have said many times that Benitez chances of winning the league, is totally beyond him, and the last two league defeats, so far is not the last, many defeats in the near future is still to come, today's defeat is a big set back, and if Benitez still remain in charge, LFC, will not finish fourth this season, as for winning the league, let us be serious, and kiss it goodbye!  I cannot see it happening, it is between Chelsea, and M. United, with Arsenal the dark horse!.

I just do not understand why so many of LFC's fans back the negative Benitez so much, I do understand he had won some trophies OK, top trophies in the past, and he had won those trophies with less equipped and weaker squads of players, but the last season he had bought badly, and last summer, he had bought some very good players, but he does not how to use them, those good players do not fit his negative tactics, there is big conflict of many issues in his on mind. Benitez could not add more successes to his old glories, it has been two years without any serious attempt on the premier league.

I still doubt very much Benitez's ability to win the premier league for LFC.

??? What a clown........!!

:cool:

arrest that man
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:08 am

i think people, myswelf included, have clamed down a little bit and actually looked at the league table. is it 4 behind cheatski with a game in hand to go 3rd? its not the end of the world, just really fecking depressing how an underperforming manc sid can yet again nick the points off us with the solitary goal that they seem to love producing.

its not the end of the world, just annoying... and im sure rafa will get it right so lets just look to the future with the ext game and get this 'blip' out of our mind.

as for kuyt, no matter how much people dislike the guy, rememebr what he did last year and dont crucify the guy. rafa is picking him, and if we trust rafa, it must be 100%. well, it should be. and if we disagree, lets not get mean about it. get behind the team, shout to the rooftops, we are liverpool
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:27 am

Now thats the words of a real fan. Get behind the team. :hearts
2cute4u

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:29 am

dawson99 wrote:i think people, myswelf included, have clamed down a little bit and actually looked at the league table. is it 4 behind cheatski with a game in hand to go 3rd? its not the end of the world, just really fecking depressing how an underperforming manc sid can yet again nick the points off us with the solitary goal that they seem to love producing.

its not the end of the world, just annoying... and im sure rafa will get it right so lets just look to the future with the ext game and get this 'blip' out of our mind.

as for kuyt, no matter how much people dislike the guy, rememebr what he did last year and dont crucify the guy. rafa is picking him, and if we trust rafa, it must be 100%. well, it should be. and if we disagree, lets not get mean about it. get behind the team, shout to the rooftops, we are liverpool

mate he did f8ck all last year as well, even as top scorer it was way below even some midfielders

sorry but the guy is gash and always has been
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:32 am

I feel sorry for Kuyt the poor kunt should be aloud to play as a striker and not be running around in midfield like a headless chicken.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion