LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_guy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:02 am

Sabre wrote:
Big Niall wrote:We lost because Rafa didn't organise the defense to mark players at the edge of the box.

No we lost because all of our defence stepped forward but Benayoun, and you can see in one camera view that was behind the gesture of dissapointment of Benayoun when he realises it was his mistake.

If Benayoun was commanded to be there by Rafa, then, fair enough, it would be Rafa's mistake, but not in this case.

Honestly I don't care Rafa takes the guilt eh? he's paid to receive stick aswell, but I see much people blaming the error of Rooney's marking when the worst error IMHO was Benayoun's.

Agree with you saber.  Benayoun seems out of place at that particular time. That's why i thought something was wrong when i saw the replay. Cheers Saber lad.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 am

The lack of creativity in the second half was a cause for concern. The fact we lost at home to those scumbags again is cause for me to be in a drunken depression until well into 2008
burjennio

Postby JohnBull » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:13 am

It was probably one of the most niave performances I've seen all season.
Although it wasn't the team I'd have picked you cannot really criticise Raffa. When the team was announced I heard no one complain inthe ground.
The players just got carried away with the occasion and while it's nice to see beakneck speed on the pitch the Mancs are the wrong team to try it on with. Just as with us in the seventies and eighties they've been there and done it and were able to sit back and wait for us to shoot ourselves in the foot as usual.
Slagging off any player is ridiculous, there was no one out there who wasn't trying their best but too many football brains were left in the dressing room and emotion took over.
The state of Van de Sar in the first half hour should have given us the direction to take but hurried passes and the physical attitude of the Mancs gave them time to regroup. I would have liked to have seen Crouch alongside Torres while Van de Sar was fumbling every cross but such is life !
Afraid it will be no Prem again this year and the coaching staff look like having a busy second half to this season.
Take it that we've all had the text that Raffa has justified his rotation system by claiming he does it to make it hard for the robbers on Merseyside. They never know who's at home now.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:22 am

i just wished aurelio had started. riise is just too thick.

im going back into depression again, was fine for about 10 minutes!!!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:27 am

What a big of :censored: you lot are talking!

I question Rafa sometimes but we didn't lose just because of his choices, we lost because as usual we cannot break organised defences down even with the amount of persession we had!

Ok I would have started with Crouch and brough Babel on earlier (Kewell looked average at best) but surely if Yossi was on the line the others should have known not to push up to play the mancs offside, it was amateur!!!

Get rid of Kujt, Voronin, Carson and Sissoko and bring in someone who can unlock defences and score goals!!! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NJD83 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:28 am

The thing that is depressing is that none of their big players played well (except Rio) so to lose to them when Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs ect weren't firing is a shame we just lost the tactical battle and they capitalised on our one mistake we didn't on their many!!!
NJD83

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:34 am

But when you see a supposedly top European team (   ) with that rubbish football beating you, it really hurts because they were nowhere better than us.

Look at the bigger picture though lad, and it pains me to say it but they are better than us. :(
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 am

Ciggy wrote:Be ten years next year since we last beat them in the prem at home.

Depressing or what?

Risse's goal was scored in 2001, thats only seven years by my count like, but nontheless depressing.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

Over £20m spent on Kuyt and Babel, we could have got one world class player for that (like we did with Torres).

Rafa believes in spending his huge transfer kitty on getting many average players instead of a couple of top ones.

This is his fourth season and in three of them we were no where near the winners. He will NEVER win the premiership.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

HYYPIA: OUR TITLE DREAMS ARE NOT OVER
Paul Hassall 17 December 2007 
  Sami Hyypia has urged his Liverpool teammates to shake off the disappointment of Sunday's defeat to Manchester United and set off on another winning run in the Premier League. 
The Reds' second successive league defeat has seen them slip to ten points behind Arsenal after the Gunners took three points off Chelsea in the other big game of the weekend.

Hyypia insists it's too early to throw the towel in on Liverpool's championship dreams, but he admits victories over the coming weeks are essential for the Reds to stay in touch towards the top.

"It was disappointing to lose. It was very similar to last season in the way we dominated most of the game but ended up losing to a goal they scored from the second ball of a set piece," said Hyypia.

"But there are still a lot of positives to be taken from the game and we have to take those into the next matches, against Chelsea on Wednesday and at home against Portsmouth next Saturday.

"It's not the end of the world, but whenever you lose a match to a close rival it is always going to be bitterly disappointing.

"We need to start winning thses type of matches against the sides at the top of the league, but we can't change the result now and we have to stick together and look ahead to the next few matches. The league is not decided today so it's not over for us, but we need to win our next few matches and take it from there."

Nothings fu*ked Dude
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:12 pm

what a load of sh!te some of you lot are spouting.
we lose 1-0 to the current 'in form' champions and suddenly it's doom and gloom. not good to lose i admit and it hurts to lose to them scum but come on, put it into perspective. jeez
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:20 pm

NJD83 wrote:The thing that is depressing is that none of their big players played well (except Rio) so to lose to them when Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs ect weren't firing is a shame we just lost the tactical battle and they capitalised on our one mistake we didn't on their many!!!

errr... they weren't firing because WE were making sure they weren't dude...

OMG... you are depressing...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Lee J wrote:what a load of sh!te some of you lot are spouting.
we lose 1-0 to the current 'in form' champions and suddenly it's doom and gloom. not good to lose i admit and it hurts to lose to them scum but come on, put it into perspective. jeez

do you think that we can win the league this season?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NJD83 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:55 pm

errr... they weren't firing because WE were making sure they weren't dude...

OMG... you are depressing...

That is what I mean I wasn't saying we played bad thought we did well to keep them quiet, but wy cant we get a bit of luck in these big prem games?
NJD83

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Gutted about this loss. I absolutely HATE losing to those wan.kers, and yesterday was more of the same with us dominating the possesion but not creating much, while they score on one of their two chances on a set piece. It's SO frustrating, but by no means does this spell the end of our title challenge just yet. It does however provide us with somewhat of an uphill struggle, and we really need to put a winning run together over the holiday period and january.
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion