LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Bah feckin mancs , if we had of played all day ,we would never of scored , well p1ssed off but i'll get over it. Sack rafa anyway for not rotating. :)
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 pm

The mancs came with a game plan and stuck to it they closed us down in the middle, hence torres had nothing to run on to, and they sucked us in and hit us on the break. I was surprised rafa started with kuyt?.....crouch would have  given the mancs a bigger problem, and i am running out of patience with kewell he just seems to have lost any confidence and pace,that he may have had, he never once looked capable of turning their fullback. Its the same old story, we promise so much......but deliver fukk all, until rafa buys top quality players instead of average ones then we will always that one step behind the likes of arsenal,manure, and chelsea, i mean come on now this sums it up for me to name but one the mancs have trevez.......and we have kuyt!....that says it all.  :sniffle
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
But when you see a supposedly top European team (   ) with that rubbish football beating you, it really hurts because they were nowhere better than us.

Look at the bigger picture though lad, and it pains me to say it but they are better than us. :(

While I don't believe the title race is decided by top of the table clashes, our record is depressing. I think we've picked up 15 points out of a possible 63 under Rafa .

But saying that, the mancs are the only side we've not beaten in the league and they only narrowly/jammily beat us.

I have to confess I had a horrible feeling they'd score before half time and not many minutes later they did. Nobody closing down from the short corner and the man on the post stayed there when he should have either played Tevez offside or at least marked him.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:39 pm

Lee J wrote:what a load of sh!te some of you lot are spouting.
we lose 1-0 to the current 'in form' champions and suddenly it's doom and gloom. not good to lose i admit and it hurts to lose to them scum but come on, put it into perspective. jeez

best post i've read on this tread

i am beginning to think that some people enjoy the negative side of following football, than the actual supporting of a club,

you have to listen to sh!te from mancs who believed they were the better team, or that they controlled the game, but to come on here and see it from lfc fans is :censored:.

we are making massive progress under rafa and when he is achillies heeled by lying yank cowboys, we will go no where fast if the money is put on the table

rafa has done well in the market imho because when he has got it wrong,which no one can defend that he has , he has sold the player on and not backed the player down to his own pride.

small details win leagues
here are some of mine from yesterday

the mans nulified gerrard which stopped the supply to torres who wasn't helped by dirk playing as a winger and center mid,

babel isn't a winger or ready for 90 mins yet,

jar know his days are numbered and is playing with no heart or conviction

kewell wasn't in the game and is the type of player to go and impose himself, never was never will be,

rafa identified we were short on width years ago but due to the lack of cash we were forced to sign pennant and not simoa or the like, the cash should be there now with billionaires at the helm but things are looking shakey, i wish we had gone with the shieks

untied scored from a corner which we defend(or used)to better than we have ever done in my time as a fan

i fecking hate them horrible b@stards(sorry sidetracked)
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:53 pm

Well people on here can dress it up whichever way they like, but the truth is we are still a long way off rivaling the top 3 teams, our "man for man" quality (with the exception of 2/3 class players) falls miserably behind the others. I think rafa knows what,and who he wants but if the two "cowboys" cant see it this way then rafa will become more frustrated and will lose patience we need to offload the 4/5 average players in the squad and buy quality or the "merry go round" will continue, and we will be remembered as "The also rans"....again!. :oh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:19 pm

its doom and gloom from me because once again we out of the title race before christmas

if you cant beat your rivals at home you will not win the league.....thats a fact and we have drawn with 2 and lost to the other

im just dissapointed because once again there will be no title challenge
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Jacko » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Mancs are the first team since Everton in 1910 to secure four successive clean sheets in the league against us at Anfield. My tuppence worth, for what it is worth, was that it was depressing viewing at Anfield yesterday. In the build up to the corner that led to the goal, Riise played a poor ball to Kewell, who although under pressure, coughed up possession way to easily. He is too easily knocked off the ball and when the board went up with number 19 on it to herald Babel's substitution, I saw Kewell looking across. He knew he was going off and what's more, it seemed to me that he was quite happy to get out of there. He owes us big time and his performance yesterday was unacceptable in my book, limping away clutching his foot at one stage like a poof after an innocuous enough looking tackle. Riise was awful (again), I can't understand how Kuyt stayed on for 72 minutes and it pains me to say it but I reckon Carra's best days are behind him. And another thing, if you're using man to man marking, and not zonal, at set pieces, who is one of the first players you will pick up against Man U? Rooney...He was blatantly disregarded at the end of the box and we paid the price. Going forward, we were clueless. And the last 20 minutes were thorougly miserable as long ball after long ball rained down harmlessly on top of the Man U back four. Is that what we have become? Kick and rush merchants? No creativity, no flair and although we can look back on a few weeks where we scored a few goals, the quality of the opposition has to be taken into consideration. I have yet to be convinced of the current merits of this team and ye have to acknowledge that Rafa's record against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U in the league since he took over has been abysmal to say the least. Are we any closer to winning the title now than when he arrived? Well, are we? Don't forget that we still have to travel to the Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Castle Greyskull and the max we will take out of those three visits, IMO, is two points. We are out of it folks, let's face facts. And our failure to finish top of the qualification group in the Champions League could well see us exit the competition in February. End of....
Jacko

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 pm

its sad but its another wasted season in my opinion

league is over and champions league looks daunting, fa cup is the best we can for

rafa spent wrongly in the summer (choosing babel over signing a world class winger) dont get me wrong i like babel but if he isnt going to play him up front then he is wasted.... and didnt replace luis garcia with someone of equal ability

benayoun may seem like a good replacement but he just isnt the same in the big games as little luis
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Big Niall wrote:Over £20m spent on Kuyt and Babel, we could have got one world class player for that (like we did with Torres).

Rafa believes in spending his huge transfer kitty on getting many average players instead of a couple of top ones.

This is his fourth season and in three of them we were no where near the winners. He will NEVER win the premiership.

Babel worth every penny if u ask me, kuyt... well, ok...but last season he scored some important goals. rafa is too easy with the money tho and should be buying one class instead of 3 or 4 maybes.

babel to start more games tho

not over yet, but a definate hill to climb
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reds Aribian King » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Do we really need Dirk Kuyt? He is not good at all
His contribution in the game was ZERO
We should sell him
Reds Aribian King

Postby Reds Aribian King » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:46 pm

We should sell him
Reds Aribian King

Postby Reds Aribian King » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:47 pm

We should sell him
Reds Aribian King

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:58 pm

Do we really need it repeated 3 times :D

In answer to your question..... No, and I agree mate we should sell him asap.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:01 pm

LittleHobo wrote:its sad but its another wasted season in my opinion

league is over and champions league looks daunting, fa cup is the best we can for

littlehobo - what are you on ?

pull it together man.

title race over - my ar$e. I admit we may not win it this year but we'll be closer than we ever have in recent years.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 pm

lol ^

dirk does part of his job very well.......when i met him in my dream he said he has just never found that goalscoring form at liverpool because of so many personal issues in his life e.g his dad passing away.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion