Liverpool legends part 1 - "with god on our side"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:23 am

Good post Dalglish and yeah why did have to turn in a friggin popularity contest

It certainly must have brought Robbie some luck though considering his brace

If Man City play everton again this season post it up just before the kick off  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:32 am

I know , i must be Psychic after this articale and Robbies brace but then again i did have a £10 on the first scorer at 19/1 yesterday :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:32 am

yesterday meaning Sunday ...Clue ..It was Rise :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:59 am

I know Stu doesn't agree, but for me Fowler at his very best was just a better player than Owen pure and simple. Surely our greatest waste of talent in terms of achievement in our history. An absolutely fabulous player. You've only got to look at him now, totally washed up, overwieght, not interested and devoid of even a yard of pace and still scoring goals for fun. Unbelieveable.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Guapo » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:57 pm

Dalglish wrote:The streets around Craven Cottage, home of Fulham FC  were flooded on September 22nd 1996 and if you just happened to be a fan Of Liverpoool FC life wasn't at it's greatest. But whilst we walked through the sun under not so golden skys we didn't know we were about to witness a happening of biblical proportions. Or put it another way, Robbie Fowler made his debut.

1996?  ???  :Oo:
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
El Guapo

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:06 pm

I did admire his talent. I just get a bit angry when I think of that team as they had as much talent as Manu but won nothing.

BTW Robbie has not been "scoring for fun" for a long time.

I am, however, always happy to see him scoring (unless against LFC)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:12 pm

After the Deby game at Goodison in 1993 (the one where Grobelaar smacked Mcmanaman) I ended up getting a taxi from town to Kensington and me and my mate ended up chatting with the taxi driver for about half and hour.

He ended by advising us to keep an eye out for his nephew as he was convinced he was gonna break into the first team and make a name for himself so we promised we would and wished him all the best

Later on in the year he banged in five against Fulham  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:45 pm

do you remember the fastest hat trick against Villa.

drool............quality fowler :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:26 pm

Big Niall wrote:Owen didn't leave for money. He never won anything important at LFC and saw a chance to play for a bigger club. Not saying its the right move as he is n the bench a lot but I dont think it was money.

He is also more professional than fowler and has more respect for fitness and attitude, more of a winner.

Never won anything important!!!!

yet he is destined to win ****** all this season with a bigger club......and the streets of London really are paved in gold.

do me a favour!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:07 pm

Owen didn't win anything important with LFC. individual accolades mean little in a team game and the team medals weren't top class.

He knew he wouldn't win league or Champions league medals with LFC. I wish him the best and like Fowler I am happy to see him do well when he plays.

I didn't mean to turn this into a popularity contest, just wondered why some legends are loved (kenny) while others (Souness, even before sun story) aren't. Same with Hansen& Lawrenson and Fowler & Owen.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:01 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:do you remember the fastest hat trick against Villa.

drool............quality fowler :)

wasn`t the speedy hat trick against arsenal?
the one villa game that i tend to associate robbie with was the semi final where robbie had a stormer.
his winning goal in the second 4-3 against newcastle was also memorable.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:18 am

El Guapo wrote:
Dalglish wrote:The streets around Craven Cottage, home of Fulham FC  were flooded on September 22nd 1996 and if you just happened to be a fan Of Liverpoool FC life wasn't at it's greatest. But whilst we walked through the sun under not so golden skys we didn't know we were about to witness a happening of biblical proportions. Or put it another way, Robbie Fowler made his debut.

1996?  ???  :Oo:

93  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:30 pm

.. Nice reminder Ian of the quality..

... my sister and I were there on that night.. when it was pouring down with rain.. on the terraces of Craven Cottage.. unbrella mangled up by full time.. soaked through.. but lovin every minute as a young player called Fowler scored 4.. "whose that?" my sis said.. I said he's the replacement for a bloke called Ian Rush  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion