LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - All build up and reaction here please.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:49 pm

tough game for us.....

we deffo need Hyypia in the rearguard for this.... fat boy's thugs will bombard us with aerial attacks for sure.
Need gerrard in the middle too.... He'll need to be at his tough tackling best for this one....

Damn.... I really hate these [email]b@stards....[/email]
ConnO'var

Postby redmikey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:54 pm

red37 wrote: :angry:

Big Sam: Me and Rafa don't get on
  sky sports

Sam Allardyce has admitted he does not get on with Rafa Benitez as he prepares to come face-to-face with the Spaniard.

Bolton travel to Anfield on New Year's Day looking to continue their fine run of form and keep up their bid to finish in the top four.

Allardyce and Benitez have not seen eye-to-eye in the past over the Spaniard's criticism of Bolton's tactics.

There is sure to be no love lost between the sides on Monday and Allardyce has demanded respect from the former Valencia chief.

"I respect Rafa for his professionalism and for what he did at Valencia," said Allardyce.

"I respect him for winning the Champions League in his first season at Liverpool.

"But do we get on? No, not particularly.

"Does it really matter? You can't get on anyway because you only see each other for five minutes at a game.

"It's not like it used to be. If both managers want to share a drink after the game they can.

"If they don't - they don't."

Come on REDS - ram this down the fat bagpuss' eds throat!!

what would rafa wanht to talk to him about??

getting the best out of douif, simple put him in a sh!t team and let him be a big shot

tactics , it would take to long sammy boy

the wheather , think not

transfere deals , sam's not to keen on that one

food,  sam fav pie,pie,pie and chip's meal think not

all in all i don't see rafa as the best lad to be sat next to on the bus when he wants to talk to you never mind when he thinks your a mong
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:01 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Need gerrard in the middle too.... He'll need to be at his tough tackling best for this one....

I've seen more evidence of this as of late which is pleasing.

Yesterday we saw glimpses of the Gerrard from 3 years ago. I mean he showed he had a pair of balls and was up for the fight for once when we were under the cosh in a really difficult premiership away game.

Stevie has done a fantastic job as of late and has proven he can show the defensive discipline to play CM which I doubted he had in his locker anymore.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:06 pm

stmichael wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:Need gerrard in the middle too.... He'll need to be at his tough tackling best for this one....

I've seen more evidence of this as of late which is pleasing.

Yesterday we saw glimpses of the Gerrard from 3 years ago. I mean he showed he had a pair of balls and was up for the fight for once when we were under the cosh in a really difficult premiership away game.

Stevie has done a fantastic job as of late and has proven he can show the defensive discipline to play CM which I doubted he had in his locker anymore.

yeah.... i thought we'd lost that side of him too..... definitely warms the cockles to see him the way he's been the last few matches...
ConnO'var

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:14 pm

Lets hope all the Bolton players go out on the ale tonight they are an ale house team after all, Sit the dog, Campo and Davies all in the Barracuda, liverpool fans in there spike their ale, Fat Sam goes to the Grafton kops off with an arl slapper sleeps in  Happy Days you shower of tw@ts  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:17 pm

i hope douif tries to gob on me becaus ethat could be the last he sees of 2007 :angry:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:30 pm

Nah, don't get me wrong - they are f#cking hateful. It's just that Sham and their fans seem to buzz off being disliked - as in their imaginations this somehow makes them (almost) our equals.

I ask them how it feels to have had Jason McAteer as the best player in their history, and that tends to take the wind out of their sails.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:45 pm

I was unfortunate enough to be in the Reebok Stadium this year for our 2 - 0 loss to Bolton. The stadium, however new, belongs in the Coca-Cola league and the fans are complete and utter tits. On the way out, we kept getting asked,

"Whats t'score, mate?"

and

"Who won?"

Ohh how they found it hysterical, however one of them asked one time too many and resulted in me grabbing him and asking "Do you want to know the fucking score now!"

I regretted that, actually I still do, its all part of the game, winding up the oppositions fans but when it comes from Bolton fans, it really grates a nerve.

Big Sam was today in the papers asking for Senor Benitez's respect, and then in the same sentence saying they don't see eye to eye. I really have come to despise "Big Sam" since the summer. I was actually championing for him to get the England job, but the last 6 months have really changed my opinion on Mr Potato Head.

I hope we beat them, serverely. I hope Diouf breaks at least one of his legs in a 50 - 50 with Riise, and I hope something happens to leave Big Sam moaning about.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:50 pm

redmikey wrote:
red37 wrote::angry:

Big Sam: Me and Rafa don't get on
  sky sports

Sam Allardyce has admitted he does not get on with Rafa Benitez as he prepares to come face-to-face with the Spaniard.

Bolton travel to Anfield on New Year's Day looking to continue their fine run of form and keep up their bid to finish in the top four.

Allardyce and Benitez have not seen eye-to-eye in the past over the Spaniard's criticism of Bolton's tactics.

There is sure to be no love lost between the sides on Monday and Allardyce has demanded respect from the former Valencia chief.

"I respect Rafa for his professionalism and for what he did at Valencia," said Allardyce.

"I respect him for winning the Champions League in his first season at Liverpool.

"But do we get on? No, not particularly.

"Does it really matter? You can't get on anyway because you only see each other for five minutes at a game.

"It's not like it used to be. If both managers want to share a drink after the game they can.

"If they don't - they don't."

Come on REDS - ram this down the fat bagpuss' eds throat!!

what would rafa wanht to talk to him about??

getting the best out of douif, simple put him in a sh!t team and let him be a big shot

tactics , it would take to long sammy boy

the wheather , think not

transfere deals , sam's not to keen on that one

food,  sam fav pie,pie,pie and chip's meal think not

all in all i don't see rafa as the best lad to be sat next to on the bus when he wants to talk to you never mind when he thinks your a mong

i think fat sams a bit jealous of all Rafa's posh ties to be honest..

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:51 pm

I remember Rafa calling them 'a physical team' the last time we played. The reaction from the Bolton camp was the most OTT i've ever known from an opposing team. I remember even Nolan saying things like "we were actually surprised he accused us of this" and "It will be pinned up in the dressing room for motivation".

We need to play our own game to beat Bolton, their is no secret magic formula to beating them, just pass them to death!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:57 pm

wouldnt mind having Sami back for this one...and Robbie ffs!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Magician » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:36 pm

Think we will win this game by 1 or 2 goals
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:02 am

Fat Sam, he has some nerve:

“I’m not saying that we are going to win but I’d like to come away without being beaten.

“That would be the icing and the cherry on top of the cake for us.

“It’s well documented that Liverpool don’t like the way we play but they have been very lucky over the last two years at Anfield.

“We’ve got close and I’m hoping that we can get a positive result.”

If we were ''lucky'' then what were Bolton in the last three meetings at the Reebok?  ???
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:46 am

get em told Rafa!

Blocking and diving is Bolton's way, says Benítez

Dominic Fifield

Monday January 1, 2007

The Guardian

The simmering antipathy between Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers has resurfaced yet again before the teams' meeting at Anfield this afternoon, with Rafael Benítez warning today's referee, Graham Poll, to look out for what he perceives to be the visitors' overly aggressive tactics and gamesmanship.

Benítez claimed that Bolton's emphasis on blocking opponents at corners and free-kicks would not be tolerated in his native Spain and he urged Poll to be aware of El Hadji Diouf's apparent pride at winning set plays by diving - the former Liverpool striker said in November that "sometimes when I need to dive to get a penalty it's because, for me, the best footballer is a footballer who is very clever".

A victory for Liverpool would lift them above Bolton into third place in the Premiership but Sam Allardyce's side pose a threat. "When you play against Bolton, the key during the game is the referee," said Benítez, who suffered his first domestic defeat as Liverpool's manager against Bolton in August 2004 and has had a fractious relationship with Allardyce ever since.

"Each player or each team decides how they want to win, and you can't criticise them for that, but the rules are the same for everybody. When you play against Bolton you must say to the referee: 'Be aware of each throw-in, each foul or each free-kick you award because it makes a big difference if the decisions are right or wrong.'

"I don't think Bolton could play the way they do in Spain. At every free-kick, every corner, every throw-in they commit what in Spain would be a foul, but here it's not. They know this and they take advantage of all these things.

"When they block someone or go against the goalkeeper, it's up to the referee to see it's a foul. It happens from all their set pieces - you can see two or three players trying to take advantage of this. I've seen two or three players surrounding the keeper sometimes. That is a foul, simple as that.

"Diouf and Nicolas Anelka are good players but one of them is really proud of diving and I don't like that. If we are killing the players who dive and someone says he is proud to dive because it is good for him and his team, then I feel we cannot support this. The referee must be aware of this."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:05 am

A.B. wrote:Fat Sam, he has some nerve:

“I’m not saying that we are going to win but I’d like to come away without being beaten.

“That would be the icing and the cherry on top of the cake for us.

“It’s well documented that Liverpool don’t like the way we play but they have been very lucky over the last two years at Anfield.

“We’ve got close and I’m hoping that we can get a positive result.”

If we were ''lucky'' then what were Bolton in the last three meetings at the Reebok?  ???

F*cking dirty cheating scum. - That's what.

F*cking Sunday-league style of play.

F*ck off fat Sam, you bloated burger-biting b*stard.

Eat sh*t and die, you tubby tw*t-tickler.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion